Ideas for a homemade swing set/ slide

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

CashiWaku
UNATCO

Ideas for a homemade swing set/ slide

Post by CashiWaku »

I am under orders to build a rather large play area for our kids to use up north, so "they have something to do," while I am busy with the endless list of other projects I have to do.
I am a carpenter so the building part is easy, but my pocketbook is not ready to fork out thousands of dollars to get this done. I have looked into buying pieces of playground equipment and building the frame from lumber, but even that is expensive. Slides, are you kidding me !!? $400 for one that is only for a five foot high platform? Has anyone made one from scratch, like from plastic culverts. Or any other material? I would love some ideas on materials to use to make it fun for kids. All my kids have no fear, (which is bad sometimes), so i would like a bigger slide from like a 10-15' platform. And maybe some other cool ideas. I did get some used swings and a 6' slide for the little kids, so at least I can tell my better half I started working on it all ready wink. My kids are 10,7,5,4, and twins are 19 months. Thanks for any feedback, I really appreciate it!
Tyrtyfipol
Thug

Re: Ideas for a homemade swing set/ slide

Post by Tyrtyfipol »

That's amazing!
BriCheese
Thug

Re: Ideas for a homemade swing set/ slide

Post by BriCheese »

Building a homemade play area is a fantastic project! Using plastic culverts for a slide sounds creative and cost-effective. You could also explore repurposing materials like old tires, pallets, or wooden crates for other fun elements. As a carpenter, you've got the skills to make it awesome without breaking the bank. However, I would also order swings from https://mycozybackyard.com/best-backyard-swings-for-adults/.Your kids will love it!