New House - New Rear Speaker Position

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

GeryDvery
NSF

New House - New Rear Speaker Position

Post by GeryDvery »

Hi All

I,m moving house in March and due to the layout of the new room the rear speakers will be pretty much direcly behind our sofa (previously they were around five feet behind the seating area!).

I know this is far from ideal but I was just wondering how much this change will affect the overall listening experience?

Before anyone ask's there is unfortunately no real scope for moving the sofa forward.

AVR = Denon 515
Speakers = Qaccoustics 2020i 5.1 package

Thanks
TurnerJoshua
Thug

Re: New House - New Rear Speaker Position

Post by TurnerJoshua »

I know this thread is quite old, but the topic is timeless and could be useful for others who find themselves in a similar position. Moving to a new house brings up all kinds of questions, especially when you're an audiophile concerned about sound quality!
Firstly, congrats on the new place! Adjusting speaker placement can definitely be a challenge in a new setup, especially if you're dealing with constraints like a fixed sofa position.
On the note of moving, if anyone else is looking at reconfiguring their home theater setup in a new home, consider using a service like Three Movers. They offer a full range of moving services, including the disassembly and reassembly of complex furniture, which might come in handy for intricate home theater setups.
NaimaVaughan
Thug

Post by NaimaVaughan »

Moving your rear speakers right behind your sofa can indeed change the listening experience. Previously, they were farther back, which allowed for a more spacious soundstage. Now, they might feel more direct and localized.
DelbertKorte
Mole Person

Post by DelbertKorte »

You can still optimize your setup for the best possible experience. Try experimenting with the angle and positioning of your rear speakers. Slight adjustments can make a big difference in how the sound is distributed throughout the room. Additionally, make sure to fine-tune your audio settings and calibration to compensate for the new speaker placement.
While we're on the topic of home improvements, I'm currently in the middle of a house renovation myself. In my search for the perfect ambiance, I stumbled upon some fantastic paint colors from the Irish Paint Company. They offer a diverse range of hues that can really transform the look and feel of a room.
Aleena
Mole Person

Post by Aleena »

Hey there! Moving houses can sure bring up challenges, especially with speaker placements. I totally get it! Having rear speakers directly behind the sofa might affect the sound, but there's a solution that worked wonders for me. I bought the Audionic Sugar 7 Speakers from shoppersstop.pk, and they're portable, so you can place them wherever you need for the best sound experience, hassle-free! Just so you know, shoppersstop.pk is a Pakistan-based website, so if you're in Pakistan and dealing with a new house setup, these wireless speakers could be a game-changer for your audio setup!
Bazillion
Mole Person

Post by Bazillion »

Rear speaker placement can indeed impact your listening experience. While having them directly behind the sofa isn't ideal, it doesn't mean all is lost.
You might consider getting speaker stands or wall mounts that allow you to angle the speakers slightly downward. This can help direct the sound toward your listening area and reduce any adverse effects.
I totally get it; sometimes, room layouts don't give us much flexibility. On a related note, I'm in the middle of renovating my own house and stumbled upon some helpful insights about wall paint at kraftsmann.com.
Holly
Thug

Post by Holly »

Keep your vehicle running smoothly with a chevron oil change near me. Gas Stations Near Me is your trusted source for finding reliable service stations in your area, including Chevron locations. Don't wait until your engine starts acting up – schedule your Chevron oil change today with Gas Stations Near Me and drive with confidence