GIVE ME BUSINESS ADVICE! Logo vote!

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Which logo do you like?

Logo 3 (Business Card, "Computer Services", Font 1)
70%
Logo 4 (Business Card, "PC Services", Font 2)
30%
Logo 5 (Business Card, "PC Services", Font 1)
No votes

Total votes: 10
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

GIVE ME BUSINESS ADVICE! Logo vote!

Post by Master_Kale »

I'll make this short and sweet: I'm going to start a small on-call computer repair business when I get back to the US. I've basically decided on the name "Second Wind", but I still haven't decided on whether I should use "PC Services" or "Computer Services" after it. That's where you guys come in!

First, take a look at these samples I've created: Second Wind - Potential Logos

Next, vote! I've created a poll, so feel free to cast your tally. Also, feel free to let me know what you think here in the thread! (Note: the poll only covers logos 3-5 because they're intended to be the main logo for use as a header and on business cards; logos 1-2 are intended for flyers and whatnot, where I'll have more room to put a list of services, prices, etc... Feel free to comment on logos 1 and 2, too, as I'm eager for feedback on all of the different options I've created!)

Thanks ahead of time, guys; I'm very curious to hear what you all think!

Edit: Let me ask you guys real quick, what do you think of when you hear "Second Wind"? After talking with OiNutter, it sounds like people won't "get" the meaning I intended when I chose the name.
Xesum
Illuminati

Re: GIVE ME BUSINESS ADVICE! Logo vote!

Post by Xesum »

1 or 3 because Computer can mean PC's, Linux and other things.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

Master_Kale wrote:I'll make this short and sweet: I'm going to start a small on-call computer repair business when I get back to the US. I've basically decided on the name "Second Wind", but I still haven't decided on whether I should use "PC Services" or "Computer Services" after it. That's where you guys come in!

First, take a look at these samples I've created: Second Wind - Potential Logos

Next, vote! I've created a poll, so feel free to cast your tally. Also, feel free to let me know what you think here in the thread! (Note: the poll only covers logos 3-5 because they're intended to be the main logo for use as a header and on business cards; logos 1-2 are intended for flyers and whatnot, where I'll have more room to put a list of services, prices, etc... Feel free to comment on logos 1 and 2, too, as I'm eager for feedback on all of the different options I've created!)

Thanks ahead of time, guys; I'm very curious to hear what you all think!
I didn't vote for any of them... sorry. With the people I've fixed computers for I think they'd be confused with the cloud and the word PC (although I understand your logic of cloud/second wind association). A Computer Icon with a red cross I think would be more easier for the computer illiterate to understand. And the word computer is the one I'd choose over PC. The people that come to get their computer fixed are really oblivious to the lingo etc that I've come in contact with. A lot of my return customers have horror stories of how they were taken advantage of, and sadly they made it easy for them. I on the other hand don't take advantage of people.

So I'd keep it simple... computer icon with red cross... keep the name you want but use computer instead of pc. It's the people that don't know anything about computers that will be giving you business... best to speak their language or lack of computer language so to speak.

Good Luck with your business... :smile:
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Well the best logo for a Computer repair company would have to be the Microsoft Paper Clip, who died a tragic death when Vista Came out.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

Wow - for the first time ever I've heard something that changed with Vista that was actually a good idea.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jane_Denton wrote:I on the other hand don't take advantage of people.
Yes you would say that! [-(

I voted for number 4.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Jane_Denton wrote:I didn't vote for any of them... sorry. With the people I've fixed computers for I think they'd be confused with the cloud and the word PC (although I understand your logic of cloud/second wind association). A Computer Icon with a red cross I think would be more easier for the computer illiterate to understand.
You're saying that people will judge the company off of the logo and not on the word "PC/Computer Services"? That makes sense now that you mention it. I was more focused on emphasizing the wind reference, but I'll have to take your advice into account.
Jane_Denton wrote:Good Luck with your business... :smile:
Thanks for the encouragement :)
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

Jonas wrote:
Jane_Denton wrote:I on the other hand don't take advantage of people.
Yes you would say that! [-(
I don't understand what you mean :?
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Then think nothing of it, it was just a little joke :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Let me ask you guys real quick, what do you think of when you hear "Second Wind"? After talking with OiNutter, it sounds like people won't "get" the meaning I intended when I chose the name.
Fulgrymm
UNATCO

Post by Fulgrymm »

I would have to concur, all the local PC repair shops in my city all have "Computer" somewhere in the name. Let's face it, most people who take their PCs in aren't very bright; otherwise they wouldn't be there in the first place. "Second Wind", while clever, will very likely just go right over most peoples' heads.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well I think it's another chance for my computer after it's expired. But then I think about it some more and I think of farts. Maybe that's just because I'm immature.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Fulgrymm
UNATCO

Post by Fulgrymm »

The moving cloud of gas doesn't help matters, either.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Master_Kale wrote:Let me ask you guys real quick, what do you think of when you hear "Second Wind"? After talking with OiNutter, it sounds like people won't "get" the meaning I intended when I chose the name.
First thought was of farts. Um, not computers - but it's a bit more creative than local businesses I know of.
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

DaveW wrote:
Master_Kale wrote:Let me ask you guys real quick, what do you think of when you hear "Second Wind"? After talking with OiNutter, it sounds like people won't "get" the meaning I intended when I chose the name.
First thought was of farts. Um, not computers - but it's a bit more creative than local businesses I know of.
And here I thought just about everyone knew what a second wind was. I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board :(