What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Jonas »

shadowblade34 wrote:50% completion of "Exams". 10 levels down, 10 more to go.
Which game is this, high school or university?

If you're still just playing high school, don't get the sequel. The end boss is unreasonably bitch hard. It's basically an abusive game, I Wanna Be The Guy has nothing on it.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I downloaded a couple of level 50 saves for Borderlands that had a couple of modded weapons. The good: It was different. The bad: Level 52 bad-asses still are an enormous challenge, and there was no fast travel to the DLCs.

I have deleted them and will continue on leveling Lillith up before heading back to T-bone Junction.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Jonas wrote:
shadowblade34 wrote:50% completion of "Exams". 10 levels down, 10 more to go.
Which game is this, high school or university?

If you're still just playing high school, don't get the sequel. The end boss is unreasonably bitch hard. It's basically an abusive game, I Wanna Be The Guy has nothing on it.
Oh wow. I'm still on high school, but I was hoping to go the "Law" playthrough when I got the sequel.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I hope you like quick-time events. Haven't done a law playthrough myself but I hear it requires a lot of memorisation.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

It has cool achievements, from what I hear, though.

Also: Unlockables.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Jonas wrote:I hope you like quick-time events. Haven't done a law playthrough myself but I hear it requires a lot of memorisation.
My girlfriend is currently studying law. Having read some of the stuff she has to remember for her extremely long winded college exam, it makes me glad I didn't study it. :P
However, she is really interested in it (to the point she is going to Uni to study it) so if you've got some sort of passion or interest maybe it's not so bad.
Though, the end unlockables (i.e. an extremely BIG pay check) are probably worth it. :P

I study a course called Citizenship which has elements of UK law and politics in it and I am bored to tears with the subject.

Anywho, good luck with your exams Shadow! And anyone else who may be taking exams.
I too am doing exams but I've only got 6, two hours each so I somewhat feel your burden.

On an unrelated note, I assume no one had an answer/solution for my previous post (about 10 posts up).
For those interested however, the issue seemed to quieten when stuck into a video editing software to the point you can barely hear the unusual sound and the actual audio becomes much clearer.
No idea what is going on there.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I was hoping to go the "Law" playthrough when I got the sequel
Is that the one with seven levels, and each one takes year to complete? I suppose someone speed-running might blitz it in five.
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

@ Nerdenstein

I am curious what's causing the ghostsound, I just didn't have any ideas on debugging come to mind. That's different now though: What I would do is try to play around with the recording volume in the windows mixer.

Strange as it may sound, audio originating with your hardware may still appear as audio even though the microphone for that hardware is unplugged.

If you mute all your microphones in the windows mixer though, that should do the trick and quiet it up.

If it doesn't, then the sounds you hear probably don't originate with your hardware, but are sourced at the operating systems audio recording driver level, somehow. If playing with the windows audio mixer _does_ allow you to eliminate the chirping noise (even if at the expense of all other audio), then you can isolate the recording device causing the issue, so at least you'll know which piece of hardware is ruining your day.

Then you can try patching drivers, configuring the hardware, or possibly replacing it.

If it doesn't originate with the recording hardware, then my best bet for solving it is shuffling around with the audio codecs: Try to record audio with different audio codecs, different qualities and what have you.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Crawmerax defeaters, is it mandatory to tackle him/it at level 61? I've done every side quest and completed playthrough 1 with Lillith. I ventured into T-Bone Junction and got my ass handed to me in the "Clear the Roadblock", so I'll start playthrough 2 and try to level up enough, or at least find better weapons and shields.
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

I am currently downloading this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxBSYit4 ... e=youtu.be - as it sounds and looks awesome.

"Starforge a 3D game with infinite procedural terrain, customizable landscape, no loading screens (go from the surface of a planet into outer-space), physics and oh yeah its FREE!" taken from the reddit thread title as that is all the needs to be said.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

Looks really cool. I wish something like this was implemented in TES the Shivering Isles, so that once you become Sheogorath you can modify the landscape to your liking. You are a god, after all.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Looks like some sort of Minecraft meets FPS, better graphics and the Sim City 4 terrain tools?

Not sure what to think, but it looks fun at least.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Phasmatis wrote:I am currently downloading this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxBSYit4 ... e=youtu.be - as it sounds and looks awesome.
Holy fucking shit.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

To the game developers and programmers here: They want to make it into a voxel based framework, which sounds really impressive if they can pull it off. However, if you would do this kind of thing in a map of a predefined size (so without the procedurally generated voxel based element) then this isn't all that different from what is sometimes done in 3D RTS/building games, correct? If so, why hasn't this been done before?

(Obviously it looks very impressive, but I'm wondering about how technically impressive it is.)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm not sure what you're asking.

There's a lot of stuff happening in this game. The building part (that looks like Minecraft) is more artistically than technically impressive, it's pretty badass that they can make it look okay with modern graphics. The terrain deformation looks pretty neat, I'm not sure if they're using voxels or point clouds for that or what. The physics-based movement is impressive and tying the camera to the player's body makes it look really dynamic and hectic, but I'm not sure how fun it's going to be to control, maybe it'll be fine. The seamless space travel seems completely unnecessary, it's been done by others and I don't know what it's doing in a game like this, they should've just stuck to the surface IMO. But maybe there's a larger point to it that I'm not privy to.

It's like they don't know the meaning of scope. But from the look of it, they're doing all right so far.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine