What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Jaedar »

VectorM wrote:
Jaedar wrote:Is it open beta?
Yes. On Origin. :roll:
Yup, :roll: describes it pretty well.

Currently mainly playing Solium Infernum. If anyone's interested, a fellow player is doing a detailed after action review here of our previous game.

Anyone played antichamber? It looks like it could be decent.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Played more of Crysis 3, it's... just decent. Before I was playing hunter with friends, and it's a lot more fun. But with random people it's just alright.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

@ YeoManTheCastle
Well, you need arma II and arma II: Op Arrowhead. In my steam, this looks like Arma II: Combined Ops. I think. Anyway.

You then kindof need a 3rd party launcher called 'Play withSIX'. It's important that you use a program with this exact title, since the Play withSIX people are absolute nobbins and named an earlier version very similarly, and you don't want that. You want Play withSIX.

Using that, you can install DayZ in a nice, automated fashion.

You also need to launch combined ops once before you launch DayZ. You also need to have at least a cursory understanding of the keyboard shortcuts, because they're important. In particular, you'll want to have voicechat available and set up, since screaming 'friendly' can save your life. Of course, it can also get you banned if you do it in the side channel, which is like all chat; if you do it in direct chat, though, only people in your immediate vicinity can hear you.

Finally, if you don't have anybody to introduce you to the game...you kindof need to watch some youtube videoes. I would make sure to watch one on how to use the hatchet, and one on how to use the Gear menu. Both are super important.
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

Post by YeomanTheCastle »

Thanks for the tips, but I've already got it sorted out. I've got some friends to show me the ropes, so all is good!
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

Because I'm a hopeless fanatic always in service of the almighty God Emperor, I'm playing Warhammer 40k: Space Marine as well as Dawn of War 2 again. It is better to die for the emperor, than to live for yourself.

I'm playing Borderlands 2, Company of Heroes... and...

jesus... THQ is gone. :'(
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

ZeroPresence wrote: jesus... THQ is gone. :'(
Yeah, such a goddamn shame.

The fallen shall be forever remembered as the Emperor's Finest.

I'm playing Antichamber. Very cool first person puzzler. I don't want to say too much as spoilers for a puzzle game kind of undermine the whole thing but there's some very nice uses of perspective. And it's one large map, with lots of interconnectivity(think metroidvania style). And all the major objectives seem to have more than one way of getting to them.
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is mental.

I don't mean that in a good way. It's like they had three teams working on it and they didn't talk to each other at all. The stealth sections are brilliant, playing with three friends and methodically clearing a large open space with sync shots is some of the best co-op I've ever experienced, and I was on drone duty most of the time - hovering over the level, watching a black and white video feed, tagging enemies and calling the shots. It was brilliant.

Then the game decides to put you complete on rails...?! I mean literally on rails, so your guys move on their own and you're just aiming and whacking the moles that pop up. It makes no fucking sense. The whole game is like that: brilliant stealth bit, ridiculous action bit, occasional completely ludicrous rail section, rinse and repeat. If it were just 10 hours of the stealth bit, it would be perfect.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

ZeroPresence wrote:It is better to die for the emperor, than to live for yourself.
SPACE MARINES, ATTACK!
"Heh, a Throne Room! How pretentious can you get?" - Garret
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

Fear the alien, the mutant... the heretic.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Imperial Thought of the day: "Blessed is the mind too small for doubt"

Finished antichamber. Good game, and I'd recommend it to anyone who thinks they'd like portal without Glados but more satisfying puzzles. If I have any real complaints about the game it's... I'm not sure. It's perhaps a bit too expensive for its length, but if it were any longer it probably would have dragged a bit. At it's current 25% off it's reasonable, but 20 ebro feels a bit much.

Still playing blood bowl in the codex tournament. I just defeated one of the two guys I'm most worried about. Felt pretty good. If only I could have managed to kill his star player though :(
odio ergo sum
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

shadowblade34 wrote:Played more of Crysis 3, it's... just decent. Before I was playing hunter with friends, and it's a lot more fun. But with random people it's just alright.
It's actually pretty good. I never really played Crysis 1 or 2 multiplayer so this was all fairly new to me.
Origin isn't so bad. I had to have it for ME3 and The Old Republic.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

Just finished playing four quest mods for New Vegas and am currently playing through "It's A Slaves Life". So far, it's like a much better version of The Pitt, with the only real problem being that it can force your character out-of-character with it's limited dialog choices that sort of portray the player character as more of a naive fool. "WHY DID YOU PUT ME IN A CELL WITH A SHOCK COLLAR AROUND MY NECK WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH ME WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO WORK IN THE MINES???"

The other four mods were:

New Vegas Bounties I + II (Entertaining bounty hunting mods with a decent story, they accomplish their goal pretty well and add to the western feel)

The Inheritance (Newer quest mod from the same author as NVB, much more story-heavy. My only major complaint is with the bit where they force you to kill your friend or else you'll get gassed. All of the knock-out gas and poison gas excuses in Dead Money and various mods are silly if you have things like the rebreather)

Dog City: The Denver Code Duello (Good atmosphere, but everything else about it is fairly mediocre and badly done, especially the Virus gimmick. Understandable since it was mostly just practice for the modder)
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

AgentOrange wrote:Just finished playing four quest mods for New Vegas and am currently playing through "It's A Slaves Life". So far, it's like a much better version of The Pitt, with the only real problem being that it can force your character out-of-character with it's limited dialog choices that sort of portray the player character as more of a naive fool. "WHY DID YOU PUT ME IN A CELL WITH A SHOCK COLLAR AROUND MY NECK WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH ME WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO WORK IN THE MINES???"

New Vegas Bounties I + II (Entertaining bounty hunting mods with a decent story, they accomplish their goal pretty well and add to the western feel)

The Inheritance (Newer quest mod from the same author as NVB, much more story-heavy. My only major complaint is with the bit where they force you to kill your friend or else you'll get gassed. All of the knock-out gas and poison gas excuses in Dead Money and various mods are silly if you have things like the rebreather)

Dog City: The Denver Code Duello (Good atmosphere, but everything else about it is fairly mediocre and badly done, especially the Virus gimmick. Understandable since it was mostly just practice for the modder)
Try Decisions with Regrets and Most Dangerous Game They're pretty short, but also very good with some nice character focus, and attempts at trying new things.

DEIMOS is also pretty good, but I haven't played it... just watched a walkthrough. It seemed pretty basic and railroaded, but the story was good enough.

The companions Willow and Niner have pretty decent quests and stories, just dont expect perfect lore and immersion with Willow.

Other than that, there's mostly just Glitchy shoot fests, and some fairly nice minimalistic mods ( no quest updates, or characters mostly just notes.) like Identity Crisis and Tales From The Burning Sand

EDIT:

two great mods slipped my mind:
Skunk water gultch
and
Beyond Boulder dome

Most of these I heard of from this youtube channel He's very weird, but he does play pretty much all the major New Vegas mods and gives a nice feel for what he mod is like.
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

JC_Helios wrote:
AgentOrange wrote:Just finished playing four quest mods for New Vegas and am currently playing through "It's A Slaves Life". So far, it's like a much better version of The Pitt, with the only real problem being that it can force your character out-of-character with it's limited dialog choices that sort of portray the player character as more of a naive fool. "WHY DID YOU PUT ME IN A CELL WITH A SHOCK COLLAR AROUND MY NECK WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH ME WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO WORK IN THE MINES???"

Try Decisions with Regrets and Most Dangerous Game They're pretty short, but also very good with some nice character focus, and attempts at trying new things.

DEIMOS is also pretty good, but I haven't played it... just watched a walkthrough. It seemed pretty basic and railroaded, but the story was good enough.

The companions Willow and Niner have pretty decent quests and stories, just dont expect perfect lore and immersion with Willow.

Other than that, there's mostly just Glitchy shoot fests, and some fairly nice minimalistic mods ( no quest updates, or characters mostly just notes.) like Identity Crisis and Tales From The Burning Sand

EDIT:

two great mods slipped my mind:
Skunk water gultch
and
Beyond Boulder dome

Most of these I heard of from this youtube channel He's very weird, but he does play pretty much all the major New Vegas mods and gives a nice feel for what he mod is like.
I've done DEIMOS in a previous playthrough. It's a good mod. I plan on playing Tales, and I'll check out The Most Dangerous Game and Decisions With Regrets some time. I've tried BBD in a previous playthrough, I'll have to finish it some time. Does Identity Crisis give you a back story or anything like that?

I'm going to try another mod, "War Never Changes", at the very end of my playthrough. Apparently it's a big action oriented mod that basically lets you become a bad ass Bruce Willis action hero, and actually has in-game consequences if you fail the quest.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

AgentOrange wrote:Does Identity Crisis give you a back story or anything like that?

I'm going to try another mod, "War Never Changes", at the very end of my playthrough. Apparently it's a big action oriented mod that basically lets you become a bad ass Bruce Willis action hero, and actually has in-game consequences if you fail the quest.
@identity crisis
A little bit, but its pretty basic. Mostly establishes that you had a wife that you loved, a garden, something about fixing up a robot and you have a house in Primm, but the wife died, so besides the few notes there's no other impact on story/background

@War Never Changes:
It's okay, lot's of Action. Alchestbreach liked it, but I couldn't get over the Legion attacking you with an army of rocket launcher legionairres, or them making an alliance with the Talon Company from the East coast (Fallout 3)