What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by bobby 55 »

Sorry for yet another double.

I've spent a couple of hours playing the Tiny Tina's: Assault on Dragon Keep DLC for Borderlands 2. It's been promoted as the best so far in the Borderlands franchise and I totally agree. It's a mad mix of D&D style games and dungeon crawlers (albeit in a First Person perspective). Added to that you have Tiny Tina changing elements at a whim and it out Borderlands, erm....Borderlands. If you like your Borderlands it's certainly worth the $10, or playing if you have already forked out for a season pass.

Added: After nine hours the story portion of the DLC is done and I've still got 8-10 sidequests to do. It's huge, and I found it that enjoyable I'm adding it to The Lair of the Shadow Broker and Honest Hearts DLCs in the entertainment stakes. I dare say those with better nerd credentials than me would probably get even more out of it, although it is Borderlands at heart so your mileage might vary.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Lessee

I've been playing rogue legacy p much nonstop for the last two days. It's a really neat 2d action platformer with roguelike elements. You play as a family trying to conquer a dungeon. Each time you die, you resume play as your heir, all the while building a bigger castle and getting more equipment for your progeny. It's a cool game.

I also got beta access to dragon commander, so been playing that a bit, although its almost unplayable in some respects.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

I am playing a 3D City Builder I worked on for AVCon. We're releasing it to the public soon.
http://www.indiedb.com/games/micronations
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Tell me more about this "AVCon" of which you speak. Australian indie development house, I take it?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
x51
Thug

Post by x51 »

I am playing or f***ing?! with three things Linux + WINE + Windows games...
Nyet! You can not steal from Hammer and Sickle!
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Shadowrun returns.

It's good, but the cut corners really do show. Guess this is what happens on a kickstarter budget.
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jaedar wrote:Guess this is what happens on a kickstarter budget.
Only if you have too little practice cutting corners! [-(
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote:
Jaedar wrote:Guess this is what happens on a kickstarter budget.
Only if you have too little practice cutting corners! [-(
Yeah, for what it's worth, you cut corners better in conquistador. Although you also made the game longer so it got more noticeable as I played.
odio ergo sum
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Finished Shadowrun returns. It's not a great game, but it's worth playing. It has a lot of flaws and it does feel like a lot of features are missing, but as soon as I finished my first playthrough I started another, so I can't say I didn't enjoy it a lot.
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah I'm looking forward to the Berlin campaign, they claim it'll be a bit more free form, and above all I'm looking forward to the inevitable TNM-level projects the community will produce eventually.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote:Yeah I'm looking forward to the Berlin campaign, they claim it'll be a bit more free form, and above all I'm looking forward to the inevitable TNM-level projects the community will produce eventually.
Yeah, just hope the editor is good enough. Early reports say it's kinda limited in terms of producing large maps and 'hubs' that you can revisit.
odio ergo sum
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

Playing some Mirror's Edge - one of those games that seemed interesting to me but I never really came to playing. The running is really fun and exciting, and it makes evident just how much more is possible in games than just firing a gun. I'm not too able at the game though, or the mechanics are sometimes a bit twitchy, so my runs are rarely elegant, but when this game works it works marvellously. It makes you feel one with your body. In a game!

Also playing Shadowrun Returns. It makes me really proud to have backed this. So far I'm really engrossed in the story and setting (having never played a SR game before). The game takes its time to build a narrative rather than bombarding the player into awe with all kinds of amazing events like so many RPGs tend to do nowadays. I really like the campaign so far, though I'm not far in (about 1 hour), and most people seem not too impressed. I have high hopes the editor will generate some amazing campaigns!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I'm playing Expeditions: Conquistador as murderous and greedy. It's both cool and troubling (a little) at the same time.

I'll get around to the GMDX mod followed by another TNM run soonish. There are two games, Saints Row IV and Dragon Commander, I'll purchase when funds allow.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

bobby 55 wrote:It's both cool and troubling (a little) at the same time.
:D
followed by another TNM run soonish
You are my favourite person, Bob.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

I saw a really good Let's play for Deus Ex so i had to play it again. Finally fixed it after a few weeks and starting that :D after that i'll do another TNM rundown, maybe with or without 1.0.5, depends if it even will be out :).