What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by nerdenstein »

Tomb Raider: Anniversary's jumping puzzles are still pissing me off... :so:

Also, I've found a server I don't get lag on (My internet bandwidth is terrible; averaging out at 100kb/s download speeds.) and has bots built in to even out the teams. The problem was, upon team scramble, I ended up as the only human player on a team of bots against an entire team of human players and I still wiped the floor with them at the second point; that is, until the overtime period, when my sentry was destroyed and they capped the point. The rest of my team no where to be found... Bloody bots.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Jetsetlemming wrote:I play BC2 a lot. I got into the Battlefield Play 4 Free (ugh that name) beta yesterday, but it's not really worth talking about (not that I could, it's a closed beta with a strict NDA)
All I think I can say about it is that is is just a dumbed down version of BF2. Add me as a friend on it, my username is just shadowblade
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

shadowblade34 wrote:All I think I can say about it is that is is just a dumbed down version of BF2.
Your face is dumbed down.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Jonas wrote:
shadowblade34 wrote:All I think I can say about it is that is is just a dumbed down version of BF2.
Your face is dumbed down.
You know what I was doing when I saw your post? Yeah, I was playing BF2 (w/ xfire web browser).

But Jonas, that was uncalled for.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

The beta pretty much IS dumbed down BF2, though. There's only like three guns per class, only one of which you can use without buying it. BC2 has way more customization options and freedom to it. In particular, in BC2 you can on the fly change your class and equipment while in the P4F beta you have to close the game and drop back out to the launcher to change your class or guns, or level up. Also each of your classes level up independently and you only get two without paying money for extra "character slots".

And no commander I guess but I've never given a shit about the commander role. BC2/1942 both had fine solutions for team coordination.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jetsetlemming wrote:The beta pretty much IS dumbed down BF2, though.
Jeez, you too Jetset? All right fine, then:

Your mom is dumbed down.

So help me God I will keep doing this until you all stop using that goddamn phrase [-(
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I'm
Jonas wrote:
Jetsetlemming wrote:The beta pretty much IS dumbed down BF2, though.
Jeez, you too Jetset? All right fine, then:

Your mom is dumbed down.

So help me God I will keep doing this until you all stop using that goddamn phrase [-(
Hey, I back up what I say. Don't make me link spiders.

Edit: Also my mom is dumbed down. She bought a $150 cell phone two weeks ago but has somehow convinced herself she needs a WINDOWS MOBILE phone in order to make text messages to my brother in the army(who has a T-Mobile android phone), and she's gonna give her Verizon flip phone she just bought to my little sister, and buy another one. She refuses to hear anything to the contrary.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote: So help me God I will keep doing this until you all stop using that goddamn phrase [-(
Do you prefer the term "simplified" or "streamlined"? Personally I'm growing more fond of "adjusted for the lowest common denominator", has a ring to it, don't you think? :P
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Jonas wrote: So help me God I will keep doing this until you all stop using that goddamn phrase [-(
Fine, waste your time. It's not really bothering me. You can't deny the truth.
VectorM
MJ12

Post by VectorM »

shadowblade34 wrote:
Jetsetlemming wrote:I play BC2 a lot. I got into the Battlefield Play 4 Free (ugh that name) beta yesterday, but it's not really worth talking about (not that I could, it's a closed beta with a strict NDA)
All I think I can say about it is that is is just a dumbed down version of BF2.
I sure hope your Splinter Cell: Conviction avatar is ironic then.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

VectorM wrote:
shadowblade34 wrote:
All I think I can say about it is that is is just a dumbed down version of BF2.
I sure hope your Splinter Cell: Conviction avatar is ironic then.
I put it up months before Conviction ws released as I was a huge SC fan, but on all other sites I have changed it. Thanks for reminding me
VectorM
MJ12

Post by VectorM »

Let's hope I won't have to remind you about your current avatar :mrgreen:
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jaedar wrote:Do you prefer the term "simplified" or "streamlined"? Personally I'm growing more fond of "adjusted for the lowest common denominator", has a ring to it, don't you think? :P
Yeah you know what? Even that one would be better than dumbed-down. Dumbed-down is just a dumbed-down version of streamlined.

I like to think if you'd been old enough back in the early 90's, you would've dismissed Wolfenstein as being a dumbed-down first-person RPG or something, and you'd have totally missed the birth of a completely new genre of games.
VectorM wrote:Let's hope I won't have to remind you about your current avatar :mrgreen:
=D>
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Actually I think a better alternative for the description of BFP4F would be "Gutted". Almost all the content removed, with a tiny little share of it given back if you pay coins to unlock them.
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

Still trying to decide whether or not my relatively recent foray into e-sports with Quake Live is a waste of time, but I am nonetheless enjoying watching my skills develop.

One game I'd really like to get into is Tribes 2 as I've heard so much about it and have enjoyed what I've played of the botmatches. Unfortunately, the community for this is almost non-existent, which is a real shame considering it is indeed one of the greatest multiplayer games given its great scope and learning curve. Not to mention the fact that it is free to download.

I've been playing J.D. Spy, a rare puzzle-story game played through the Windows GUI - you have an email client, and a person contacts you for your help in uncovering some great conspiracy - the game involves searching through a lot of fictional files and emails for clues, and a bit of research on the internet. The premise of the game is a nice change from what I'm used to, but personally I found it boring as puzzles aren't really my area of interest.