What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by bobby 55 »

Heheheh, I guess that's true. The children's demise was more rooky mistakes than ill intent....still.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I'm replaying Dragon Age: Origins, this time as a human mage. Going for a Blood Mage/Arcane Warrior (eek) this time. I'm enjoying this run more, as I'm better acquainted with the mechanics of the game.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

bobby 55 wrote:I'm replaying Dragon Age: Origins, this time as a human mage. Going for a Blood Mage/Arcane Warrior (eek) this time. I'm enjoying this run more, as I'm better acquainted with the mechanics of the game.
This is the single most OP build in the game and it will let you practically solo everything :P
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jaedar wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:I'm replaying Dragon Age: Origins, this time as a human mage. Going for a Blood Mage/Arcane Warrior (eek) this time. I'm enjoying this run more, as I'm better acquainted with the mechanics of the game.
This is the single most OP build in the game and it will let you practically solo everything :P
Oooh, thanks. I'm just at Redcliffe now, it's first on the list this time, and I haven't visited Denerim yet. I'm definitely going Blood Mage, and I only thought about Arcane Warrior because of my previous run when visiting the ruins. Obviously my Dwarven Warrior was incapable of doing the knight's quest then.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Finished DA2 this afternoon. Pretty disappointing on the whole, but the story worked for me up until the somewhat aborted ending. I don't regret buying it, but I do think it's a pretty weak sequel. Here's hoping Mass Effect 3 is better.

Meanwhile, Two Worlds II can go fuck itself.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jonas wrote:Finished DA2 this afternoon. Pretty disappointing on the whole, but the story worked for me up until the somewhat aborted ending. I don't regret buying it, but I do think it's a pretty weak sequel. Here's hoping Mass Effect 3 is better.

There seems to be a consensus with Dragon Age 2 in that people were okay with playing it, though it could have been better. Some are even saying it was better than Origins. I think I'll put DA: O in my list of (all time) favourites . That said, I haven't played as many games as lots of others here. :P
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The only real problem I had with Origins was that the setting and the storyline were both pretty clichéd - very traditional Tolkienesque save-medieval-Britain-from-the-ancient-evil fantasy stuff. Dragon Age 2 does an admirable job of fixing that with a much more intimate and personal storyline where the saving you do is restricted to a single city and you save it from several different evils that are all quite nuanced and relatable. So conceptually, DA2 is brilliant. It's the execution that is sorely lacking for many different reasons that I don't feel like going into here. Maybe there'll be a blog post about it down the line.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Jonas wrote:Finished DA2 this afternoon. Pretty disappointing on the whole, but the story worked for me up until the somewhat aborted ending. I don't regret buying it, but I do think it's a pretty weak sequel. Here's hoping Mass Effect 3 is better.

What's wrong with Two Worlds II? I mean, besides the voice acting, controls, difficulty, and bugs, of course.
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

I just played the demo for Gemini Rue, a retro-style point and click adventure game, and was very impressed with the production values - a fluid PDA system, great voice-acting, atmospheric art design and an interesting albeit somewhat cliched story. Highly recommended!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Okay, so I helped the knight out in the ruins and was taught the Arcane Warrior specialization. I've got to level up a couple of more times before it's unlocked. I want to have that before doing the Urn of the Sacred Ashes quest. So I guess throwing points into strength will be the wise thing to do.
A side note: When I was ambushed by Zevran, I executed him this time...oops. Well, if I can make a deal with a demon about a boys soul, what's a little cold blooded murder? :D
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

If I remember correctly, Arcane Warrior uses Magic as the strength requirement so you shouldn't need to put anything into the strength attribute.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Aah, thanks for the tip Phasmatis. Those area of effect spells can be a bit tricky if a party member is close to the action. They're totally awesome for a noob like me though. :P
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jetsetlemming wrote:What's wrong with Two Worlds II? I mean, besides the voice acting, controls, difficulty, and bugs, of course.
Oh, nothing. Besides those things, nothing is wrong with it.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Jonas wrote:The only real problem I had with Origins was that the setting and the storyline were both pretty clichéd - very traditional Tolkienesque save-medieval-Britain-from-the-ancient-evil fantasy stuff. Dragon Age 2 does an admirable job of fixing that with a much more intimate and personal storyline where the saving you do is restricted to a single city and you save it from several different evils that are all quite nuanced and relatable. So conceptually, DA2 is brilliant. It's the execution that is sorely lacking for many different reasons that I don't feel like going into here. Maybe there'll be a blog post about it down the line.
So... Bio learned a good lesson from OE, but made it buggier, more rushed and general worse than they would cause OE is the better company.
Do I have it right with that?
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I didn't experience any bugs, but apart from that it does seem like a more Obsidian-ish game.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine