What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Hassat Hunter »

shadowblade34 wrote:Gloria's Theatre? It's so damn annoying. I remember it because I was stuck for hours, sorry that I can't remember what to do though
That's the one. Yup, not sure myself either.
Also Hassat, that game you weren't going to tell anyone about. Can you tell us now?
Seeing how it hasn't been released yet still, nope...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Fallout: New Vegas with a shitload of mods. The small version of NMCs Texture Pack improves textures a bit. I guess the medium and large versions are needed to see a significant one.

The "bug fix mod" seems to be doing it's job so far, even though with it, and the large address mod installed, there is still some minor stuttering.

Added: After googling, someone says if you have W7 64 bit, install the d3d9.dll fix as well as the large address mod to end the stuttering. I'll try that and see how it goes.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

Hassat Hunter wrote:
shadowblade34 wrote:Gloria's Theatre? It's so damn annoying. I remember it because I was stuck for hours, sorry that I can't remember what to do though
That's the one. Yup, not sure myself either.
That part was terrible. Though I managed to lower the balloon, I don't know how I did it. In fact, even after successfully doing it, I still don't know what one was supposed to be doing.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

The d3d9.dll fix hasn't improved the stuttering in F: NV, the 4gig large address fix has reduced it considerably. The "bug killing mod" and the large address fix have managed to provide a trouble free 5.7 hours (according to Steam).

I hope this demonstrates the better textures.
Attachments
ScreenShot0 (2).jpg
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

bobby 55 wrote:The d3d9.dll fix hasn't improved the stuttering in F: NV, the 4gig large address fix has reduced it considerably. The "bug killing mod" and the large address fix have managed to provide a trouble free 5.7 hours (according to Steam).

I hope this demonstrates the better textures.
NMC's large textures pack has a considerable difference, if you can handle the performance hit. But it still looks good anyway. Also Arenovalis weapon retex packs are great, and Weapon mods expanded. Also FOOK and Nevada Skies. Although you might already have those.

How did everybody else like New Vegas by the way? I thought it was infinitely better than FO3, which was abysmal imo.
Last edited by shadowblade34 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Cheers shadowblade. I'll give the large texture pack a whirl when I get a better video card. Although as soon as I get one I'll probably be submerged in Skyrim shortly after. :)
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Appears I was lying. Wasn't as 67%, only 63%. Though now at 68% and hopefully rising above 70 today... gaming day, yay!
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Holy crap! Well, kudos for being so industrious. I'm guessing you'd be doing it a helluva lot faster than me. :)
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Oregon trail. Someone told me it was extremely hard and nobody she knew could beat it.
Spoiler alert: It's not.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You have not died of dysentery?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

No, but all my oxen got stolen, twice, so I got stuck somewhere in the rockies waiting to trade something with someone for an ox. Three out of my family of five died of a broken leg, bad water or a broken arm (the game failed to mention HOW they would break their legs and arms).

In my second play through I went for Oregon Trail 'deluxe' (or II) where hunting is mouse-based. I decided to rush my wagon to Oregon ASAP on the hardest difficulty (which means the least starting money), now I was there in only three months and had only two casualties. I'm sure I could improve but I'm not sure if I can be bothered.
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

@Shadowblade

I rather enjoyed New Vegas - but the late game balance is awful, as it's almost always is going to be with open world games. I thought its unique style was cool and there was much to enjoy.

I love how they picked up a lot of cowboy tropes and incorporated them in the sci-fi setting, and many of the quests were a lot of fun.

But I also enjoyed Fallout 3. I completed almost all the major quests in fallout 3, and a considerable amount of them were great fun. The main storyline was far more pants - but also a lot closer to fallout 2's and fallout tactics storylines.

It's pretty clear to me that doing a fallout story like those of the older games would be almost impossible today...Bethesda tried very hard to do it, but so many of the features of the game they made go against it. An indie game might be able to pull it off.

Which is probably why New Vegas didn't try to be the old games, but rather tried to create good, original gameplay.

The real attraction of fallout 3 and new vegas is exploration, and it's much better in new vegas, though it's also good in many parts of fallout 3. I think both are beat severely by Skyrim, but new vegas is definitely worth playing, whereas you can easily skip F3 and just play new vegas instead.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

One thing abojt Skyrim is that I found the quest design to be quite poor. There are a few good o
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Someone just said Fallout3 is more faithful to the series than New Vegas.

I think I've seen everything now.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

I think I've got the trick now, I only had one casualty when I was floating my wagon down the river and hit the riverside (I blame the controls though).
Attachments
Win
Win