Has anyone used Hamachi?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jane_Denton
X-51

Has anyone used Hamachi?

Post by Jane_Denton »

Just wonder if anyone has used Hamachi? I couldn't find anyone puter savy enough to use it with, to find out if I liked it or not. Has anyone used it, and what did you think of it? :?:

Hamachi
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Has anyone used Hamachi?

Post by Jaedar »

I have tried to use it, but I only got it to work like once or twice, but if you can get it to work, it is like a real lan, except slower connection times.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I used to use it quite a bit to play with a friend on UT2004, was easy enough to set it up and use. Never worked with other games like Unreal 1 though.
Trasher
UNATCO

Post by Trasher »

I like it very much. I've used Hamachi with Battlefield II,C&C Generals & ZeroHour and Flatout 2..some other games too but I can't remember... anyway, hamachi never failed me. :)
Eventhough it's not as good as real lan, i think its still pretty neat.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I've used it to set up a MP game with a few friends of mine for an old game I can't remember. Worked well enough.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Used it to play games with others in Majesty:The Fantasy Kingdom Sim. Worked like a charm; even if the game itself sometimes gave problems to a MP-game... :(
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

It'd be nice if I knew anyone that actually played games enough to wanna use Hamachi as a LAN. Hmmm maybe in the fall when I'll meet more puter literate people. :) Maybe COOP games would be more entertaining for me if I could actually play against real people as a team instead of just the computer! That'd be neat...

I was also thinking of Hamachi would be good to share large files with people! :) Which is still on my wish list...

A new program that I've been looking into to share large files is TeamViewer which a friend has used for remotely fixing clients computers. I have a friend whose computer I need to fix whenever they get time... I'm looking forward to trying this new software out on them! It'd be a huge hassle saver for me and for them, since they wouldn't have to bring over their computer for every little thing they screw up! But I'd also like to experiment with large file sharing with this software also! :D
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
Allan
NSF

Post by Allan »

I've used it to play SNES games co-op style. :)
Click, and watch with false amazement as this dragon grows up.