Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: GMDX Advancement Mod v6.1 Release

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Obsolete.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rdaneel
Thug

Post by rdaneel »

Cybernetic Pig,

I'll be glad to help you test it if you can let me know how to get my hands on the current build.

- RDaneel
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Excellent. Stand by for an incoming PM.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Just a weapon test/demonstration with the new melee attack speed when using Combat Strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CvWozeJMqM

As for the gore above, it is still WIP and will look more realistic upon next release.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Version 6.2 released: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/download ... 2/#4828674

A small update, and will likely be the last update for a while.

Bold= Significant.

Skills:
-Tech goggles can see through walls (albeit with short range) at advanced and master environ skill level.
-Demolitions increases blast radius & at master level gas grenades can K.O unaugmented pawns with the initial concussion-inducing blast.

Augs:

-Combat strength increases melee attack speed in addition to damage to balance out against Microfibral Muscle, and because fun.
-Speed Enhancement produces noise when crouched, therefore making silent running worth a damn.

-Restored Aggressive Defensive System's ability to detonate proximity mines for balancing reasons.
-Increased microfibral muscle throw velocity a touch.

Weaponry:

-Implemented Rate of Fire mods.
-Weapon mods are now stackable in the inventory.
-Improved ballistic impact effects further.
-Removed custom glock as rate of fire mods made it somewhat redundant and rebalanced pistol stats.
-Reduced grenade detonation time by 1 second and increased throw range a touch.
-Pepper gun & fire extinguishers are significantly more reliable.
-Minor recoil adjustments.
-GEP gun now accepts clip size weapon mods. Fire rockets in succession, compatible with the new guidance systems too.
-Buffed tranq dart damage so that every human NPC that does not have a helmet, is not augmented or invincible can be K.O'ed with one shot to the head.
-Renamed the assault gun to the name it is given in the blueprints found in-game.

AI:

-Increased running anim speed by 5% and melee attack speed by 10% to make them look a touch more convincing.
-AI notice when cameras are beeping at you and hunt in the direction they are looking in. (hardcore mode only).
-Increased running animation rate by 5% to make them look more convincing. Melee attack by 10% (this one also makes them more threatening).
-Nerfed vanilla mib & Wib
-Many changes to barks and pain/death/K.O sounds for realism.

Effects & Audio:

-Significant improvements to gore.
-Heavy EMP damage disables the HUD. Find a way to reboot it.
-throwing objects in water makes a splash effect.
-Added new footstep sounds for when landing from height (currently wood and carpet only, more to come).
-Slowed camera spinning speed upon player death and added screen flash upon death.
-Improved rocket & explosion effects further.
-Minor modification to electricity effects.
-Improved plasma effects further.
-Increased chance of containers spawning trash, less chance to spawn rat.
-Increased number of fragments spawned by deco when taking damage.
-Increased the speed of tracers a touch.
-Significantly increased chances to gib the player from explosives. Originally you could take rockets to the face, you'd die but just flop to the floor instead of becoming mince meat.

Maps:

-Significant improvements to NYC streets maps.
-Fixed crashing when hacking a terminal in NYC sewers.
-Fixed an AI issues when stealing from one of the triads.
-Distributed rate of fire mods across the game according to the approach in vanilla design.
-Added additional aesthetic detail to a small number of maps.
-Removed liberty island plants present in v6.1.

Bugs:

-Made non-swinging cameras reset view rotation after tagging player (vanila fix)
-Fixed bug that makes carcasses already in a map with a weapon in it's inventory just crap out as it has not got spawned ammotype (vanila fix).
-there was a small variation in the time you could pick up a body you just killed/K.O'ed. This is now removed. (vanilla fix).
-Removed haxor line from GMDX load path.

Note to players of GMDX v6.1 ONLY: this should be fine to install on top of a current playthrough and continue.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: GMDX Advancement Mod v6.2 Release

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Development has ceased. I'm tired of busting my ass off with little reward (monetary or otherwise). I cannot progress without support: testers, feedback, a team and so on.
Making dumb iOS games that mimic gambling design methods is looking very appealing right now.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

That's sad to hear, but very understandable.

I'd love to port some of your new features/additions over to Revision sometime. As you've said before there should be some time before you open up for other modders like me to do that, to keep GMDX unique for as long as possible. I support this notion and I'm looking forward to the future when I can do that. Also for the time being I'm having my hands full with producing a stable version of Revision 1.0, so even if you gave me permission to copy stuff over today I'd have to wait until Revision 2.0 (or whatever we will brand the next version).
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Likewise, I'd love to have some maps from Revision that don't change the layout much but make everything look nicer (like NYC_Ship, I love the extension of the boardwalk, and if I did more for this map it'd be almost a 1:1 copy, so I leave it).

I may return to the mod one day, when I have financial stability at least.

And yes, it's likely I will open up the mod for other modders sometime. Sharing is caring, just not for now.
bjorn98009_91 wrote: so even if you gave me permission to copy stuff over today I'd have to wait until Revision 2.0 (or whatever we will brand the next version).
Revision 2.0 :shock:

You guys have thick skin. Good luck.

Oh, and here is a laggy as fuck video demonstrating some features of v6.2, laggy because my other comp died and I cannot afford a new one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOnZvohpZpo
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Well for Revision 2.0 we intend to change some maps that Harry isn't satisfied with, like some of the Hong Kong levels that were made early in development (2009 I think). Problem is that changing these will take ages, and would delay the release, so that's why we are saving some of those modifications to a later date, if at all.

So right now we are focusing on finishing up Area 51, fixing all the things in our DeusEx.u scenarios that's in the bug list, building a custom version of Kentie's launcher and fixing all the map bugs. Any additional map or code changes will have to wait until a later date. :)
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Cybernetic pig wrote:Development has ceased. I'm tired of busting my ass off with little reward (monetary or otherwise).
Definitely understandable, especially given the projects I have both released and here to work on. I got a *ton* to stuff to flesh out here and ideas for Deus Ex once I learn enough, but *real life* always seems to get in the way. Rough to work on them when that's the case.

Remember the first thing you need to do is be willing to satisfy your own reasons for doing a project that you had when you began it. Hopefully you've done that with GMDX.
Cybernetic pig wrote: And yes, it's likely I will open up the mod for other modders sometime. Sharing is caring, just not for now.
I can open up the installer script (Inno Setup) at any time. I'm sure it'll be useful for other game modders, as it has most of the differences worked out well enough that one could just change the information according to documentation and build with their own mod if it's relatively standard.

I'll probably open access the installer script for HDTP too whenever DDL has another batch of files ready, just to be sure there are no necessary changes and the like. The renderer install parts of that one will be useful in some ways.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Thanks so much ggrotz for writing the installer.

I'm not going anywhere anyway, and I do very much want to do more. Since I cannot get a team I'm just going to have to learn new skills and do it myself I guess.
For now, hiatus time.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

I never did say but shortly after announcing that I'd had enough a generous fan made a donation.
A programmer also stepped forward asking to join the team but I guess consideration of reality made him wise up: he seems to have bailed.
Anyway, I'll be doing more, but the time put into the mod will be significantly less than it was before, which was a lot. Sometimes akin to crunching.

I sure wish the community was still lively. There's so many more possibilities, if only I had a team.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Back in business.

During the period of OTP's inactivity, GMDX won moddb's editors choice "worldly" award: http://www.moddb.com/events/2014-mod-of ... ors-choice
"What if Iorn Storm had continued to work on Deus Ex after its release? GMX intends to answer this with a feature packed total conversion, fixing all the issues and injecting a polished modern feel. GMDX takes the worldly award for carefully refining the world of Dues Ex, whilst keeping true to the original feel"
The mod also made it into the top 100 in the first round of voting for MOTY: http://www.moddb.com/events/2014-mod-of ... rds/top100

The mod has built up a shining accumulation of reviews: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/reviews

The real good news however, is GMDX v7 is to be released soon and it will be bigger and better than ever.

Now, despite what appears to be critical acclaim from players, support is still mostly lacking. I'm still alone, and my skills are for the time being limited, and probably will stay that way for certain fields such as animation. This lack of support has made me resort to producing a wish lish of various concepts that are admittedly sometimes impulsive, but should stand to criticism. My ideas have yet to disappoint, after all, and I am confident in my absolute vision (yet things do occasionally get scrapped as one would expect). I'm hoping there is people out there that can aid in my vision, but then again my solo struggle appears to have accelerated my personal progress in multiple fields, which is good.

So, what is coming in v7 of GMDX, you may wonder? Some notable examples are as follows:

-I've programmed AI to react to unconscious peeps and to go for alarms upon detection of a body, unconscious or dead. You can imagine what this does for the stealth playthrough primarily. Hiding bodies is now a thing, for one.
This is but two AI improvements. NPCs/AI behavior has received extra attention this release, and in combination with previous efforts in GMDX I can proudly say that they are for the most part fixed, and as a consequence they are more life-like, simulated. They may also teach you a thing or two about challenge if played on higher difficulties, so there's that.

-Nearly every aspect of the mini crossbow has been enhanced. A formidable stealth or combat tool and very satisfying to use. In combination with HDTP it feels almost modern in design (think Dishonored's crossbow but arguably more satisfying overall due to extensive weapon modding options allowing you to custom-tailor the weapon).
All weapons have received fair attention but the Mini-crossbow is probably most significant.

-A new in-game menu providing you with a variety of primarily gameplay-related options.

-Text for books, datacubes and other readables scaled up so is easy to read at higher resolutions.

-Deeper Immersive Sim-styled simulated interactivity through new systems & new objects.

-Improved level design. My approach to gameplay was always solid. My approach to visuals however was not on-par with some of the best mappers around, but I'm catching up to give Deus Ex the quality it deserves.

-Further filling in the missing details of Deus Ex's audio design and visual effects: 6 new groups of footstep sounds, separating dirt from grass, added a new group for walking on glass (which previously defaulted to concrete sounds), and so on. Explosions are more visceral and simulated than ever, hittrace weapons spawn effects when hitting any object, and different effects are produced depending on what it is (if metal, sparks and metal ricochet sounds). Gore is improved. And so on and on.

-A number of essential vanilla bugs that eluded the community all this time (and some age-old vanilla fixes implemented by the community that eluded me all this time), as well as GMDX fixes and optimization.

Merely a glimpse of the progress.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

"hittrace weapons spawn effects when hitting any object, and different effects are produced depending on what it is (if metal, sparks and metal ricochet sounds)."

Well, except some objects with insane collision cylinders such as the Helicopters and other vehicles.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Version 7 changelog revealed: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/news/gmd ... se-support

And I'm looking for help with promotion and testing.