Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

I guessed it worked then... =)
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

I havent actually tried it yet but considering the fact that everyone else it using it...
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Bjorn, I don't know if it was directed at me, but I tried your massive code on the other page, and the game wouldn't start. For some reason when I started it up in safe mode, it wouldn't let me select any renderers and so I couldn't start it up.
r00tb33r
MJ12

Re:

Post by r00tb33r »

AgentSmithereens wrote:Bjorn, I don't know if it was directed at me, but I tried your massive code on the other page, and the game wouldn't start. For some reason when I started it up in safe mode, it wouldn't let me select any renderers and so I couldn't start it up.
Just tell them to port the game (with the mod) to Unreal 2 engine, and let the rendering problems solve themselves.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Re:

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

AgentSmithereens wrote:Bjorn, I don't know if it was directed at me, but I tried your massive code on the other page, and the game wouldn't start. For some reason when I started it up in safe mode, it wouldn't let me select any renderers and so I couldn't start it up.
Actually I don't know to whom I directed it at. And your result is strange aswell... Might have something to do with that I have UnrealED installed... Oh, well... Maybe take I'll take a look at it tomorrow...
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Re: widescreen resolution problem

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

I'm very sorry I haven't answered in just over a month... There is really no good explanation.
Is this still an issue or has the problem been solved?
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Thanks, that code works like a charm. Now I almost have no jaggies on my laptop(I have no clue how that is possible) Unfortunately I gained some amount of lag in the process (why cant all laptops have decent graphics chips) Now I want to see if this does anything on my desktop, the video was almost perfect already, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

bjorn98009_91,
With my desktop running a nvidia 7900GS at 1280x1024 I am getting some massive errors.
Any idea as to what in the code would be causing the error?
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
RAY16
Thug

Re:

Post by RAY16 »

AgentSmithereens wrote:The GUI fix is excellent, but there's just 1 minor, annoying thing. On the main title screen with the spinning logo, the 'Deus Ex' text is only half visible for some reason.
This is caused by the game not using the correct FOV for widescreen resolutions by default (which isn't unexpected).

From the Widescreen Gaming Forum (an infinitely useful site if you own a widescreen monitor):

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wi ... hp/Deus_Ex
Go to <gameDir>\system. Open deusex.ini. Find these lines:

FullscreenViewportX=xxxx FullscreenViewportY=xxx

Change them to set your resolution.

Now open user.ini. Find these lines:

DesiredFOV=75.000000 DefaultFOV=75.000000

Change the values to set your FOV to your preference.

16:9=91.3154482287
15:9=87.61661884
16:10=85.2812718522
If you set the correct FOV for your aspect ratio the text on the title screen should be fully visible and you'll also have more horizontal viewing space in-game.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

m3rc1l3ss wrote:Thanks, that code works like a charm. Now I almost have no jaggies on my laptop(I have no clue how that is possible) Unfortunately I gained some amount of lag in the process (why cant all laptops have decent graphics chips) Now I want to see if this does anything on my desktop, the video was almost perfect already, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

bjorn98009_91,
With my desktop running a nvidia 7900GS at 1280x1024 I am getting some massive errors.
Any idea as to what in the code would be causing the error?

Again, sorry for my long delay. I bet you use the enhanced OpenGL render and that you tabbed out from the game and later back into the game. This happened to me just now as I played, seems to be a bug with the OpenGL render.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Actually that is somewhat right, for some reason, it seems to be starting minimized. I never would have thought that would be the problem. Any idea as to how I can keep it from starting minimized?
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Are you running fullscreen or windowed? Also check if the game resolution is your native resolution, ie. the resolution you have on you desktop.
TownWithoutJustice
Mole Person

Post by TownWithoutJustice »

i had the same issue with the 1650x1050 res, thanks for the tips all!
"if you can read this, you don't need glasses"