Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Re: HDTP beta

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

DDL wrote:I got two PMs from you, but one of them comes up as "unsent"...it's weird.

Anyway, when I get around to finalising HDTP (which to be honest is more of a motivation issue than a time issue...though time is also a factor), an installer would be super. Trestkon made the last one, but I know jack shit about NSIS or installers in general, so: yeah, that'd be great.:)
Right, I have the original NSIS code for the TNM installer. Along with a hugely modified one for Revision/other mods. If ggrotz can't get the installer to work you might want to ask me to create one. Alright, enough advertisement ^^
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:If ggrotz can't get the installer to work you might want to ask me to create one.
It's working already. I just didn't want to go ahead and post it without permission and to give whoever is with HDTP a chance to see if the strings are what they want, and so on. If DDL has more changes, I can get those when the time comes, too.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Great! :)
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Bug report:
I don't know if this has been reported before, or if this has any relation to NewVision, but jumping on the metal crates in the helipad map of LaGuardia Airport causes damage to lower limbs and (if crouching) to the torso. I have no idea what causes it.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Made in China wrote:Bug report:
I don't know if this has been reported before, or if this has any relation to NewVision, but jumping on the metal crates in the helipad map of LaGuardia Airport causes damage to lower limbs and (if crouching) to the torso. I have no idea what causes it.
*sigh*...which ones and how are you "jumping" on them?
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

It WAS every large metal crate - the immovable ones. I got to them by dropping from the ledge above.
But I tried to confirm it via a photo, and it didn't happen. I guess it's just the engine acting up.
Jito463
Mole Person

Post by Jito463 »

Any chance the files could be uploaded somewhere else? They keep timing out during the download. I've tried numerous times, but it doesn't seem to help. Maybe someone could upload it as a torrent, since they're more forgiving with dropped connections (while I doubt it's my ISP, I'm not completely ruling it out).
Jito463
Mole Person

Post by Jito463 »

I'm really hating Google Docs :evil: . I don't know why it's giving me problems. It will be downloading fine, then just suddenly stop and restart and will never finish. The furthest I've gotten was around 49MB on the first file. I cannot finish the download.

*EDIT*
Okay, now I really hate Google Docs. Turns out they're messing with my Opera browser. Opera recently moved over to the Chromium (Blink) engine, in a version we long time users call Chropera (or Crapera, depending on our mood). I still use the old version with the Presto engine. I think Google Docs is intentionally causing downloads on my version to time out and reset. Once I tried downloading with Sleipnir (another Chromium-based browser), then they went smooth as silk. Grrr. Anyway, never mind about the downloads, I guess.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Jito463
Mole Person

Post by Jito463 »

I appreciate the links, but I already got them (finally) by using another browser, as I posted above. Just irritates me the way GD was causing my downloads to restart in Opera. Still, maybe they'll help someone else. Thanks anyway.
Blade sword
NSF

Post by Blade sword »

I added the downloads into moddb at the HDTP page; hoping that people will enjoy them.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Blade sword wrote:I added the downloads into moddb at the HDTP page; hoping that people will enjoy them.
As much as I'm sure many people will appreciate you uploading that to Moddb as I'm sure the page has many trackers etc, I sincerely hope DDL was cool with it. It was his hardwork putting it together in the first place after all. For all I know, he was using us forumites as test subjects. He is an evil scientist. ;) Plus, it may be worth putting up an installation guide on the page as well. Even if it was a Copy/Paste job from the first post.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

ggrotz wrote:
bjorn98009_91 wrote:If ggrotz can't get the installer to work you might want to ask me to create one.
It's working already. I just didn't want to go ahead and post it without permission and to give whoever is with HDTP a chance to see if the strings are what they want, and so on. If DDL has more changes, I can get those when the time comes, too.
nerdenstein wrote:Plus, it may be worth putting up an installation guide on the page as well. Even if it was a Copy/Paste job from the first post.
I really haven't heard back from anyone connected with HDTP on this at all for about a month now, and it seems like it's becoming an issue, so I can post the installer link here.

[LINK DELETED. PLEASE LOOK FOR IT HOSTED ELSEWHERE.]

Call it a beta beta test. If it does something it shouldn't or it needs to do something it isn't, or if there are any other issues, please get back to me and I can fix it and reupload a new version of the installer. It's working well for me, so hopefully it will be fine without too many issues for others.
Last edited by ggrotz on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

If I'm honest, it's just been a bad few months for free time: I'm trying to get as much research published as possible so I can justify my existence, and also trying to buy a house, a process which consumes more time than even I expected (and then the seller pulls out at the last minute fuuuuuuu).

I did spend xmas integrating the last few textures daveyboy did, something which actually took me less than two hours, but a slightly longer time refamiliarising myself with what had and hadn't already been done.

My plans are (hopefully) to get in touch with akerfeldt and see if he can fix the MJ12 troop, and maybe (possibly maybe) animate the bob page model that phas posted. At my end, I'll see if I can get the static bob page augmented model in, since the only animation the original model has is a sort of watery shimmer, which I doubt anyone will care terribly about if it's missing in the HDTP version (I could be wrong on this).

I'd also like to get in touch with Metche since she was the last person to have (to my knowledge) a list of contributors: I'd like credit to go to as many people as possible.

Other than that, I'm personally more than happy for ggrotz to distribute an integrated installer, as I'm pretty sure doing so will circumvent 90% of the tedious hassle outlined in the first post of this thread. So go ahead!

If you like, I'll send you the final files (as and when I decide to draw the line under this whole project), and you can bundle them up into a full installer. That'd be great, in fact.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

DDL wrote:If you like, I'll send you the final files (as and when I decide to draw the line under this whole project), and you can bundle them up into a full installer. That'd be great, in fact.
This would really be fantastic!

PS Good luck with your search for a new house, DDL! ;)