ewanlaing
NSF

Post by ewanlaing »

what a great success!
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Jonas wrote:An alternative would be to change the entire skin.

Not so effective: if you use an unlit flagged (but invisible when off) poly or two, you get the nice "fully visible even when in the dark" effect that unlit gives you, for the lights and the lights ONLY.

If you change the entire skin, you'd have the entire box acting as unlit, or the lights acting as 'normal mesh shadowing', either of which would look weird.

Anyway, it's not too hard for me to add all that crap when I get it my end: I did it for the ATM and the alarmunit. My 3dsMax skillz are awesome if all that's required is a sheet. :)
Mak Denton
NSF

Post by Mak Denton »

Very nice! It looks great! \:D/
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

DDL wrote:Anyway, it's not too hard for me to add all that crap when I get it my end: I did it for the ATM and the alarmunit. My 3dsMax skillz are awesome if all that's required is a sheet. :)
Sounds good! Make sure the screen itself is unlit too. And perhaps the keyboard, from the look of that texture :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DDL

Post by DDL »

Twas my thinking, too. Since Alex has clearly already UV mapped it very nicely, it's a doddle to reassign polys as necessary: they magically keep their UV mapping no matter what matID you reassign them to.

Alex: are you still doing the auto turret gun, too? Coz that was looking awesome.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

DDL wrote:Twas my thinking, too. Since Alex has clearly already UV mapped it very nicely, it's a doddle to reassign polys as necessary: they magically keep their UV mapping no matter what matID you reassign them to.

Alex: are you still doing the auto turret gun, too? Coz that was looking awesome.
Oooh forgot about that -

Anyways hes going to do the other 2 computers next and those will be all done and out of the way :)
ZylonBane
UNATCO

Post by ZylonBane »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:The idea of encrypted keys is great because you'd expect a military like organisation to use some form of encrypted password.
WTF is "encrypted keys" supposed to mean? They're buttons. You press them. You can't encrypt a button any more than you can encrypt a peanut butter-and-banana sandwich.

Having scrambled keycaps on a security device keypad is borderline justifiable (though it doesn't hold up to any level of logical scrutiny), but if he does the desktop computers with the same wonky layout, that's just going to be laughable.
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

ZylonBane wrote:
Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:The idea of encrypted keys is great because you'd expect a military like organisation to use some form of encrypted password.
WTF is "encrypted keys" supposed to mean? They're buttons. You press them. You can't encrypt a button any more than you can encrypt a peanut butter-and-banana sandwich.

Having scrambled keycaps on a security device keypad is borderline justifiable (though it doesn't hold up to any level of logical scrutiny), but if he does the desktop computers with the same wonky layout, that's just going to be laughable.
Were always looking for texture artists - why don't you have a go since you are always full of ideas?
ZylonBane
UNATCO

Post by ZylonBane »

I have my own project, remember?
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

ZylonBane wrote:I have my own project, remember?
Yeah ....that ....right. Ever heard of constructive crits? Ahh wait ....nevermind ....been there before.
ZylonBane
UNATCO

Post by ZylonBane »

What, "don't scramble the keycaps on a desktop computer" doesn't count as constructive criticism?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

There's the crit itself and the way you present it. Anyway, let this one go and we'll see how the PC's turn out, yeah?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Jonas wrote:There's the crit itself and the way you present it. Anyway, let this one go and we'll see how the PC's turn out, yeah?
Indeed - Alex will be working on them over the next couple of weeks I believe once he's come back from his holiday.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

What, "don't scramble the keycaps on a desktop computer" doesn't count as constructive criticism?
The keys are so fucking small you won't even notice them! Alex has put them in because he's a good texture artist and you never no what your textures might be used for. (which sadly Ion didn't think about at the time)
I have my own project, remember?
Go back to the TTLG forums then and WORK instead of bitching about us all the time. You have no place here if you are going to bitch about our projects day in day out. You have no idea what its like working on these projects. You're stuck in your low resoultion textures with SS2 so you have no idea what it takes to work on Deus Ex in High Def.

Maybe I should download your stuff and see if you like the same treatment?

OMFG! IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE ORIGINAL! IDIOTS!