Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
ZylonBane
UNATCO

Post by ZylonBane »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:
but I'm interested in what people have been bringing up.
The internet must be a really boring place for you if you find this interesting. lol ever heard of playing an MMO to past the time?
Here in sunny RealityLand, where people have been discussing what's actually been said, as opposed to responding to the psychotic imaginary voices in their heads, yes, it's been an interesting discussion.
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:
but I'm interested in what people have been bringing up.
The internet must be a really boring place for you if you find this interesting. lol ever heard of playing an MMO to past the time?
ZylonBane wrote:Here in sunny RealityLand, where people have been discussing what's actually been said, as opposed to responding to the psychotic imaginary voices in their heads, yes, it's been an interesting discussion.
It's utterly fascinating, like watching monkeys play chess. But yeah, I think we all could talk Deus Ex until a regular person would run away screaming. Mr.CP, please don't respond to that last message quoted, it's a blatant trolling message with no point, though I did find the "encrypted keycaps are silly" thing interesting back on page 2 or 3.

I actually am the RPG kinda person, but I get far too into them to where I learn everything there is to know about a fake world. The last one I played was....actually, Anachronox. Good stuff. Never trusted that weird dwarf Grumpos.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

fox wrote:They offer several payment-services over here. I am going to suspend my account because I am bored of WoW at the moment. BC was a nice addition but I need even more variety. It costs too much free time, too.
I tried to sign up for the two week trial that came with my (extremely overpriced...) copy of Diablo 2, and it wouldn't let me without a credit card number. :evil:
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Here in sunny RealityLand
Here in RealityLand at least my projects are getting done unline yours.. Get back to F**ing work already.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Aaaaaand he takes the bait like a good little fish.

Now will the two of you please STFU? :?
Last edited by Jonas on Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ewanlaing
NSF

Post by ewanlaing »

thats "shut the **** up" for all you non litres.
i don't see whats wrong with the keyboard really, and the rest of the terminal seems without fault to me.
am i missing something.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

ewanlaing wrote: i don't see whats wrong with the keyboard really, and the rest of the terminal seems without fault to me.
am i missing something.
The keyboard layout is different from the keyboard that is right in front of you. But really, not worth all the fuzz.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

ewanlaing wrote:i don't see whats wrong with the keyboard really
I can think of only two things.

The first is the, "Encryption," comment which really has nothing to do with the keyboard itself but can color how one looks at it.

The other is that the numbers are scattered all over. It doesn't make too much sense to have them that way, so if someone really wanted to nitpick that would be an easy target.

I'm not saying these really represent problems, it's just those are the only things I can think of that people might say are wrong.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

The first is the, "Encryption," comment which really has nothing to do with the keyboard itself but can color how one looks at it.
It's a known fact that the military uses encrypted keyboards.. What do you think the Enigma device was? You had no idea what you were typing on that sucker :D Why can't it be the same on a security terminal? makes sense to me. and yeah its not worth the fuss anyway.. hence my point not to even bother changing it.
ZylonBane
UNATCO

Post by ZylonBane »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:It's a known fact that the military uses encrypted keyboards.. What do you think the Enigma device was? You had no idea what you were typing on that sucker
Good god, would you just stop digging yourself deeper? So far we've established that you can't tell the difference between ^ and *, that you think they make desktop computers with a terabyte of RAM, that you think *talking about* a graphic shouldn't be permitted once metche says she likes it, that you can't keep your homonyms straight, and now this.

First, "encrypted keyboard" means a keyboard that encrypts its output. It DOES NOT mean a keyboard with scrambled keycaps.

Second, the Enigma device used a standard QWERTZ layout, as seen here:
http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants/en/enigmatech.htm
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Well, the first bit there, that's being annoying again. Otherwise, good point on the keyboard stuff. I guess technically I'm typing now on a keyboard that's been encrypted, but more like obfuscated (this isn't the enigma, nfk kot odahglu vdtiar mgbfr uaonaud). I don't think the encrypted keyboard thing makes much sense. Just an opinion. ISTR someone said it would be unreadable at this size anyway?
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Not quite standard qwerty layout. :P But close enough.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

a graphic shouldn't be permitted once metche says she likes it
she's the PM. When I signed up we got told that once metche said something we respected her decision. You should show that same respect. Alex is a good texture artist, he hasn't done anything wrong. I am defending him because you are a troll that has nothing good to say about the work he is doing.
that you think they make desktop computers with a terabyte of RAM
I never said that. I said I have a computer with almost 1TB of HDD space which is true. I have 700GB under my hood now thanks to a recent well needed upgrade. I'll prove it to you once I load my Vista Ultimate onto it in a week. I'll rub it in your face when I'm playing Crysis on full DX10 mode :P
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Jetsetlemming wrote:Not quite standard qwerty layout. :P But close enough.
Zee germans uze Qwertz, weil that suits zee language besser. The picture is also not completely Qwertz as it is now ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ ), but close enough.

I know a very good site btw, which one or two people might be interested to visit :roll:
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:
she's the PM. When I signed up we got told that once metche said something we respected her decision. You should show that same respect.
Dude, whoa lol, this is a democracy not a dictatorship. Right now I'm pushing forward with things to get this mod done simply because it won't survive another year in development and because I have another game in the works.