Please do not feed the trolls.
Newbez
Thug

Update status??

Post by Newbez »

So I was reading a developers blog about HDTP, and I read
HDTP Status

// May 10th, 2009 // No Comments » // Usual

I’m pleased to say that Deus Ex HDTP is almost complete. DDL is helping to keep tabs of all the new work and making sure it gets tested and packaged up. The weapons are down to the last 4 left to texture (all modelling is done). I have personally textured the Flamethrower which I haven’t posted an image of yet so stand by for that one. I’ve also finished the ammo box textures. Erica is kindly picking up the crossbow and Dicky (from the Stellar mod) is doing an amazing job on the brand new Gray that Ben modelled a while back.
It seem's quite a long time just 4 textures left :-k lol, I'm not rushing you guys because I rather it be done properly, but it's just that - over 1 year for just 4 textures? What are you guys up to? I thought just compiling etc was left, can you please just update to tell us what's going on, I FULLY trust you devs are continuing this project, just wondering though :cry:
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: Update status??

Post by DDL »

Animating.

The weapon models are done, and for things like the 3rd person/pickup view, that's all you need, so those are already in. The problem is first person animations. Animating for DX is sloooooooooow and, quite frankly, way out of my skill league, so there are a limited number of people who can handle getting them done. And they're getting them done, but slowly.
Newbez
Thug

Post by Newbez »

oh thank god, I'm just soooo glad to hear a status update, thank you so much, you guys should actually publish the status more often to keep attracted people in
Newbez
Thug

Post by Newbez »

According to a user on Moddb, he claims that's Metche says there are only 9 more textures needing animating
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Newbez wrote:According to a user on Moddb, he claims that's Metche says there are only 9 more textures needing animating
Yes, here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10418&start=0
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

DDL wrote:Animating.

The weapon models are done, and for things like the 3rd person/pickup view, that's all you need, so those are already in. The problem is first person animations. Animating for DX is sloooooooooow and, quite frankly, way out of my skill league, so there are a limited number of people who can handle getting them done. And they're getting them done, but slowly.
Funny.

And I who thought the job was all on your shoulders! :D

Send these elected few our thanks and prayers! ;)
ghostdog
Thug

Post by ghostdog »

EER wrote:
Newbez wrote:According to a user on Moddb, he claims that's Metche says there are only 9 more textures needing animating
Yes, here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10418&start=0
Well, since that was a couple of months ago I think we can safely assume that we're at 8 textures by now... :P
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups, but ... I don't mind you assuming. I'll happily live on with my own assumptions.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
DDL

Post by DDL »

don't confuse animated textures with animated models....the former is pretty trivial, the latter..less so. :/
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

if only it was like the movies, with pretty graphics and a few simple clicks its all done. damn all this hard work that's taking ages
Lucius DeBeers
Thug

Post by Lucius DeBeers »

Thanks for the clarification. :)
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

Lucius DeBeers wrote:Thanks for the clarification. :)
np bro
gregor_y
Thug

Post by gregor_y »

Hm im visiting this forum once a year or something like that and it looks like they still at the same point...

Don't get me wrong they got real life too i think :) but still i never though it would take soo much time worst part is it might become duke nukem forever i just hope they will release it before or in same time like deus ex 3.
ghostdog
Thug

Post by ghostdog »

gregor_y wrote:Hm im visiting this forum once a year or something like that and it looks like they still at the same point...

Don't get me wrong they got real life too i think :) but still i never though it would take soo much time worst part is it might become duke nukem forever i just hope they will release it before or in same time like deus ex 3.
Well, it seems Duke Nukem is --finally-- going to be released, so don't lose hope ;)
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

Good things take time.