Release

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Shadow

Release

Post by Shadow »

Does any one know and ETA for the release of this mod. I don't wanna start playing Deus Ex again until this project is released. Thanks!
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Metche has said she hopes to release something in 2 months time.
Exodus
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Exodus »

Metche....Metche.....M-Metch..is a female? :shock:
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Exodus wrote:Metche....Metche.....M-Metch..is a female? :shock:
Of course :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
E.L.
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by E.L. »

adress her by the queen, mom or teh boss, whichever suits you :D lol
Exodus
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Exodus »

wow, I never knew she was a female.....mom.... :lol:
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

LOL for the love of .......why? lol

However - if it makes you work faster and more productive then so be it :p

Post by Guest »

So...just another month? ;-)

I can't wait to see the examples in-game. I've got a friend discovering Deus Ex in Cedega (transgaming.com/.org), and I've been trying to get my settings perfect for maximum quality....even played through The Cassandra Project for the first time. A release would be news on many sites, and would say "This works now. All we need is more texturing done". BTW, new screenshots, like that one just posted of Gunther, they keep my interest piqued. I wish I knew more about texturing and modeling to help, all I'm good at is photoshop.

I don't know if I can last another month without playing through again ;-D
ddaazzaa
Mole Person

Post by ddaazzaa »

Anonymous wrote:So...just another month? ;-)
I haven't been following this "mod" that closely but I think only the Area 51 textures and some global textures will be ready in 1 month. Maybe someone on the crew can clarify this?
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Yep - just phase1 of the textures but thats looking a tad optimistic so instead we may have to release phase1 object/character model pack instead. Trying to get ppl to put the time in is verging on impossible :roll:
Stormraven

Post by Stormraven »

School is killing us.

P.S., how do you extract object textures? is retexturing them basically the same as doing world textures?
lofaesofa
UNATCO

Post by lofaesofa »

I use Tack's Deus Ex model extractor (http://www.planetdeusex.com/tack/TacksD ... hTool.html) which extracts the model (as *.ms3d) and the *.pcx (texture) file that goes with it. If you want to work with models there should be some UVmaps in the upload manager. I think Metche is working on the pillow, pan1 and the flask.
The textures have to be to the power of 2, 256*256 or under, .pcx and 8bit colour palette. If you look at the deco model list and see any completed by me, they probably do not have a texture. If you want to do any of them let me know and I shall UVmap them ASAP.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

As march and april have (just about) ended, just thought I'd ask if there's any update on the expected release date of the first package? Or what remains to be completed for an initial release?

Thanks, can't wait.
lofaesofa
UNATCO

Post by lofaesofa »

I believe Metche was concentrating on the deco models for release. These models occur throughout Deus Ex, objects such as flasks, trophies, microscope, fans etc...

There are 35 deco models left on the list to be completed out of ~ 60. Although not all of these will take ages to do, there is still the texturing to be finished on some of the previous models.

As far as I know May was the target release for the first wave of replacement textures/models, but I certainly will not be able to model and texture all of the deco models by then as i'll be swatting on biochemistry lectures :( - A few of the team have their examinations to concentrate on, so i'd imagine that was are looking at a Summer release but that's definitely not certain!
More people would be nice :)
Chironu
Mole Person

Post by Chironu »

lofaesofa wrote:I believe Metche was concentrating on the deco models for release. These models occur throughout Deus Ex, objects such as flasks, trophies, microscope, fans etc...

There are 35 deco models left on the list to be completed out of ~ 60. Although not all of these will take ages to do, there is still the texturing to be finished on some of the previous models.

As far as I know May was the target release for the first wave of replacement textures/models, but I certainly will not be able to model and texture all of the deco models by then as i'll be swatting on biochemistry lectures :( - A few of the team have their examinations to concentrate on, so i'd imagine that was are looking at a Summer release but that's definitely not certain!
More people would be nice :)
Like....lets just say? May 20th? Is that like, doable for you people? Or will it be more like June 14th?
Cogito, ergo Illuminati sum.