Vy_Linvail
Thug

Release 2

Post by Vy_Linvail »

Any news on the next release?
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

I think I've heard someone say something about dropping it before 2008. But don't take my word for it, use the search and look for the last ~ 15 posts by Metche, it's bound to be in there somewhere ;)

Found it: http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... 9913#19913
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Hold on though, the big question is will it include the character pack? Because as Metche said last time she's still having issues in that department with the animation importing. I'm expecting the character pack to come later on and most likely in DX:R flavor (same goes with NV) but then metche hasn't updated us on anything so we could still see it by Jan 2008 assuming our virtual Messiah comes and fixes things :D
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

загол&

Post by Andrievskaya Veronika »

New characters? No..... The original characters models are ideal. You are should not touch them. Maybe you will want to improve some skins but nothing more :p
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

You obviously haven't been paying attention. HDTP is NOT adding new characters. There have been issues with the current Characters in HDTP not animated correctly for Unreal1 Engine standards. Metche has been looking for an animator for ages now to try and fix the problem, I recall we discussed something about if things didn't work out then the characters would be ported to DX:R to solve the animation issues. At least thats how I remember it.

We need to solve the issue else port it to Reborn. So I hope Metche's been talking with the DX:R boys as they'll be a very big help in porting the animations. But I bet HDTP comes out without the characters. It's a bit sucky. Still I'm imagining how great everything will look in DX:R :D
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

I hope Smike helps out with the animations for HDTP.
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

If Smike and Ryan do the all animations for JC then the reborn team can use them with all the other characters but to use them in DX is a tedius process as you have to be so careful, one mistake and you have to start all over again.

Updating the character textures and not the models may work but I don't think there would be a huge difference, plus a lot of people didn't like the new textures for Gunther and the like.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

I think the key thing to do at the moment is the weapons. Coz they're undoubtably lovely (apart from "LETS ALL HAVE A BIG ARGUMENT ABOUT THE ASSAULTGUN"), and are the current top priority.

And the trees...*looks at fred sternly*
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Post by Andrievskaya Veronika »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:You obviously haven't been paying attention. HDTP is NOT adding new characters. There have been issues with the current Characters in HDTP not animated correctly for Unreal1 Engine standards.
You don't understand :roll: I meant -- don't replace characters models, leave them as is :D :) You are can't make them better anyway.................
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Most people disagree :). The work has been done, and they look incredible now. The installer will have an option to not install the updated characters. No problems :)
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

* agrees with JAF.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Agrees with ERR :D

The work is done, no point in going back now. We move on ;)
reborn team can use them with all the other characters
That sounds like a good idea :D
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

Hmmm... Looks to me like the Unreal 1 engine is becoming a little dated...

I don't represent the mod but if what MR.CP said is true it might be more "cost effective" to make HDTP souly for DX:R. I'm just saying this because the Unreal 2 engine is a LOT easier to work with... ActorX, importing textures on the fly, Bones and physics, etc. And from what Mr.CB said It sounds like the mod "out grew" the engine.

It may even be better if DX:R started work on UT2007
and HDTP did the same, because UT2004 is hard to get copy of.

This may upset a few people and therefor it should be stated that I in no way represent the HDTP mod team or the DX:R mod team, I'm just making a suggestion.
Laputan_Machine
Mole Person

Post by Laputan_Machine »

Hmm. I know they used Lightwave to make the models for UT and Deus Ex. Thats the program I use to model with. When I extracted the model data, they had no skeletal meshes or anything. What I found was individual models for each frame of character movement, so there was a folder filled with tonnes of models. I kind of vaguely understand how it works if it works like that. You can animate in lightwave scene editor then save each frame model as an individual model, then import it that way. But the thing is, the program which gives you the ability to convert the models straight over is in version 5 of lightwave. I have no idea where you can get that. In the latest versions of lightwave I cant seem to export smoothing which is a bugger otherwise I could have looked if it worked that way. I dont know if that theory is right or not but it makes sense seeing as UT has no dynamic animations, everything is static bar the lip sync. (Dont quote me on any of this)
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

Laputan_Machine wrote:What I found was individual models for each frame of character movement, so there was a folder filled with tonnes of models.
:shock:
(Dont quote me on any of this)
:oops: