Please do not feed the trolls.
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

I am pretty sure most of them will be the first to use your NV... <_<
ZylonBane
UNATCO

Post by ZylonBane »

DDL wrote:TTLG does tend to form opinions fast, and then keep them. And the mods are at least as opinionated (if not more) than the members, so it can get messy.
You must not get out on the internet much, as TTLG has some of the most hands-off moderators I've ever encountered. If you want to see opinionated mods, go poke around the No Mutants Allowed or RPG Codex forums.

I do recommend checking out DaveW's posts over on TTLG though, as his intellectual stonewalling is truly a sight to behold.
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

He does have the definite advantage of not adding snide asides (or pointless insinuations, or just general ass-hattery) to each and every one of his posts, though.

Honestly, try spending a week just answering/commenting on things in forums WITHOUT trying to assert some sort of unnecessary superiority complex. Go on, try.

TTLG has some of the most hands-off moderators I've ever encountered
Not the point: whether or not a mod actually leaps in and deletes/edits stuff is irrelevant. The point is they have opinions, and express them. Your average forumite tends to try and curry favour with mods for..internet kudos or something, thus a comment from "God the Mod" or whatever usually carries more weight in driving public opinion than an identical comment from "BoardGuest45687627" would. You get much bigger, faster flamewars when mods sling opinions around, usually.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

ZylonBane wrote:go poke around the No Mutants Allowed or RPG Codex forums.
Ye Gods no! I heartily recommend staying the fuck away from the RPG Codex. Bunch of reactionary whiny old crybabies, the lot of 'em. Think some of those adverbs contradict themselves? Well that's the Codex for you.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

DDL wrote:Honestly, try spending a week just answering/commenting on things in forums WITHOUT trying to assert some sort of unnecessary superiority complex. Go on, try.
You're talking to ZylonBane.

Although, I'd be interested to see where I was "Intellectually stonewalling". I try to make clear what I say is my opinion, and try to respond reasonably without acting like a complete arse. If you want stonewalling, talk to Kerin.
Smike
Platypus

Post by Smike »

If you want a lollipop, talk to the mailman!
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

"I always liked the thought of Monkeys with guns, I don't know why"
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Firstly, The whole art assisted Drug argument that Jonas brought up made me lol :D

Secondly, don't pick fights with snipa, you won't win :D he is really hard to persuade. (I told him about my mac... Big mistake lol :D but its alright, we have different opinions. We're still good buds :D)

Thirdly, Zylon.. Why do you even bother with TTLG I mean they are all a bunch of morons anyway.. let go man, I would have thought your personal forum would be filled with plenty of fanboys to worship you and hopefully make you do some actual work instead of just bitching. Snipa did when they banned him (which is a huge huge huge mistake on account that NV generates a lot of publicity now that it has basically taken over where HDTP left off. Yes lots of people know about us and recognize the work is an exceptional quality thanks to snipa. My work hasn't even been shown yet :P of course mines just as good too, which you'd expect from HDTP's texture former artists.)

Well I think ModDB and OTP are going to be the big winners in that regards and we're more than happy to support Intense, Trestkon and Jonas. Screw TTLG :D
Smike
Platypus

Post by Smike »

Don't mess with Jerry. :evil:
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Don't mess with my Will Wright quote!
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:Secondly, don't pick fights with snipa, you won't win :D he is really hard to persuade. (I told him about my mac... Big mistake lol :D but its alright, we have different opinions. We're still good buds :D)
Remember that you're just as stubborn unless you change your mind. You can't say "Oh, we argued for ages but he's the only stubborn one".
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

EER wrote:"I always liked the thought of Monkeys with guns, I don't know why"
http://www.frd.co.uk/
:3
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

:lol:

I actually stole the quote from Will Wright in one of the spore videos, I think it's the 35 minute one that can be found on Youtube. Timesplitters is actually one of the most fun console FPS' that I have played on the N64, IIRC.

@DaveW: MCP? Stubborn? I don't know what you're talking about. I think he's a perfectly reasonable chap who actually reads your posts and will argue his point intelligently if he disagrees.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Was that sarcasm or do you really mean it :D I can't tell, but anyway thanks :D
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:Was that sarcasm or do you really mean it :D I can't tell, but anyway thanks :D
I'll put it this way, it's like telling Zylon he's an open minded intellectual who has the capability to uphold a serious argument without resorting to petty and laughably poor insults.

On topic, something people might be forgetting is the Eye Augmentation diagram ingame.