Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
ggrotz
X-51

Re: HDTP beta

Post by ggrotz »

DDL wrote: The 01-03 packages are fully up to date, but if you've already got the beta HDTP up and running (i.e. most of you), you just need HDTPitems and Deusex.u from the hotfix.
I don't know what all changed in this new version to check any more, but I will confirm the WCID receptionist and "Whoever" now look like their proper selves.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

\o/

It appears I can still code, then. *phew*
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Seems to work on DXN as well. Major thanks!
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

ggrotz wrote:the sudden case of massive haemophilia that Trestkon picked up, wherein his blood completely and immediately covers everything in sight upon his death.
I mentioned this over in the TNM 1.05 test help thread once upon a time and got reminded of it and thought I'd throw a pic together for...whoever.
Attachments
The left side is vanilla TNM.  The right side is TNM with the newer HDTP loaded.
The left side is vanilla TNM. The right side is TNM with the newer HDTP loaded.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Just one to report- The laser sheet on the sniper rifle is not visible.

And a question: Why the conventional scope on the plasma rifle? Would have thought you'd put the high tech scope on instead.
Cybernetic pig wrote: Actually, at 16:10 you dont get the problems with the invisible parts of the LAW & Assualt Shotgun.
This was wrong, ignore.
DDL

Post by DDL »

The sniper rifle doesn't have a laser sheet. It never did. Sometimes there simply aren't enough multiskins.

The scopes on the heavy weapons were all added to the 3rd/pickup models by me, and then added to the animated 1st-person models by Akerfeldt when I begged him to do so. Originally they were all basic scopes: the only reason the gep DOESN'T have the basic scope is that Akerfeldt thought the tech scope looked better (so I had to go back and change the 3rd/pickup models to match).
EBX
Mole Person

Post by EBX »

An enormous thanks to everyone involved the project and sticking through this long process to get us this far! I am amazed at the level of commitment the fans have to Deus Ex, New Vision and HDTP are incredible accomplishments! =D>

One thing I've noticed so far, I've seem to have gotten NV and HDTP working together nicely, but the character models don't seem updated. The sniper rilfe/handgun/lams/prod/etc (I did the training so far) are all there, but the character models are the same, when I started the mission, sure enough I still had the old models of JC and Paul. But it seems I have more models than the release 1 of HDTP had, anyone know whats going on?

Thanks again so much for everything! Really its amazing!
EBX
Mole Person

Post by EBX »

A quick look at the HDTP options fixed it, thanks anyway!
DrakeDarkHunter
Mole Person

Post by DrakeDarkHunter »

Hey, first off I'm extremely thankful for the beta release of hdtp, I've started a new play through of Deus Ex just to try it out. My issue right now however is that I can't seem to get shifter to work alongside the new beta textures.

In the data directory I normally place shifter below hdtp, which causes it to be overwritten. If I place it above, it's a mess, and if I place it in between, I only get hdtp's alpha textures.

Any help you can give will be appreciated, also, feel free to let me know if this is a more of a shifter problem than an hdtp one.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yeah, the very clever Yuki mentions in an earlier page that he'll have to update Shifter so it'll play nice with the beta.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
DrakeDarkHunter
Mole Person

Post by DrakeDarkHunter »

bobby 55 wrote:Yeah, the very clever Yuki mentions in an earlier page that he'll have to update Shifter so it'll play nice with the beta.
Ah, I thought I remembered this being brought up in a earlier post! I should have looked first.

Anyway, thank you for letting me know, Between hdtp's beta and New Vision's completion, things are looking pretty good for Deus Ex. If it weren't for these mods I might not have given this game the attention it deserves.
GregP
Mole Person

Post by GregP »

bobby 55 wrote:Yeah, the very clever Yuki mentions in an earlier page that he'll have to update Shifter so it'll play nice with the beta.
And +1 for really being excited for him to do this update ... I had started a new playthrough after NV and the HDTP beta came out, without realizing that Shifter was going to ignore most of the HDTP beta textures, and now it seems that there is no way to fix this without starting a new game. If I just disable Shifter, I get all kinds of errors with DX.

So yeah, can't wait for the Shifter update.
i5-2500K @ 4.8 GHz / Asus P8P67 Pro / 8GB DDR3-1600 / 2x7970 3GB / Audigy X-Fi / Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Just noticed something, not sure if its HDTP related but on the first map when I go to the boat to go to Battery Park, when it starts interpolating, I get a pepper gun equip sound after the boat pilot says "Lets move out" even when I didn't have a pepper gun equipped when I clicked on the boat to start the exit.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
rolatis
Thug

Post by rolatis »

Morpheus wrote:Just noticed something, not sure if its HDTP related but on the first map when I go to the boat to go to Battery Park, when it starts interpolating, I get a pepper gun equip sound after the boat pilot says "Lets move out" even when I didn't have a pepper gun equipped when I clicked on the boat to start the exit.
^not HDTP related, has always happened to me in vanilla DX but with a mini-crossbow sound
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

A few issues I noticed after playing through DXN with HDTP active. Perhaps they're DXN-specific, possibly not:

1) Does the code that prevents pawns from reverting to their default textures affect deco as well? Or is the SC_President skin for the flagpole (for instance) just missing?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/ ... presrr.jpg

In either case, no problem really, would be useful to know which one's the case, tho' :]

2) Also, for some reason with HDTP active non-player pawns attacking other non-player pawns with a flamethrower won't do any damage (i.e. they won't catch fire). Huh.

3) A weird half-HDTP/half-renderer related issue, since without HDTP, an area with translucent surfaces looks like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/ ... e/nohd.jpg

With HDTP it looks like: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/ ... ste/hd.jpg

The levels look they do in the HDTP screenshot also if I load the levels in UED. Weird, since the only differences in DXN HDTP's, DXN's and DX's ini files is the order of directories in the [Core.System] part.