Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: HDTP beta

Post by DDL »

ENB series will probably destroy your framerate, as it adds a ton of extra rendering passes and stuff. You might be ok, but that'd be the first I'd drop if framerate was an issue.

Chris Dohnal's DX9 renderers should be fine, though.

New Vision works with everything.

Huren and HDTP are probably not compatible, though I'm not sure: HDTP is (more or less) vanilla gamecode plus references to HDTP assets, whereas HuRen is changes to gamecode without references to HDTP assets. They're both mutually exclusive gamecode mods, as a consequence.

Possibly HuRen has incorporated HDTP, but I'm not sure.
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

A Future Pilot wrote:Hello all, I'm new here :)

I bought Deus Ex from GOG awhile back and am just getting around to playing it. I have a netbook with a 1.6Ghz processor and 1GB RAM. Here's what I want to do...will this work with those specs?:

Deus Ex: Human Renovation mod
New Vision mod
HDTP
ENB DX9 renderer (or maybe cwdohnal DX9 renderer? Which is better?)

I'm also considering using Deus Ex: Enhanced v1.3 for DX9 as well.

Also I've heard I'll need a Kentie's launcher. I read somewhere that it caused a bug in one of the missions. Is that true?

Will all of these play well together? What's the current state of HDTP? Still waiting on animations?

Thanks!

P.S. Sorry it's a lot of questions :)
That will be a tall order without any GPU. I personally tried playing with New Vision on a similar system and it causes low framerates. You won't have a chance with the ENB series; a system like that simply can't handle bump-mapping or bloom of any kind.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

At the moment Human Renovation is not compatible with HDTP (only with the first release, like Shifter).
ghostdog
Thug

Post by ghostdog »

kdawg88 wrote:That will be a tall order without any GPU. I personally tried playing with New Vision on a similar system and it causes low framerates. You won't have a chance with the ENB series; a system like that simply can't handle bump-mapping or bloom of any kind.
Yeah. Maybe you can get away by disabling bump mapping in the enbseries.ini and using only the bloom and color enhancements.
Reducing/disabling AA under the graphics section in the Deusex.ini will also help with performance.
Blackbird
Thug

Post by Blackbird »

So I take it this mod doesn't play nice with Shifter 1.8.4, because both mods have DeusEx.u
Shifter loads the weapons with all attachments already in place even though I have them vanilla. NPC models are fine though.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Correct, shifter hasn't been updated to compatibility with the latest HDTP, so won't have the right multiskins swapping code to toggle weaponmod visibility. Along with probably various other things.
drivetheory
Mole Person

Post by drivetheory »

read through all 21 pages in this thread... thanks for all the hard work and effort that's gone into this project!

stumbled across HDTP R1 back in 08 on my last DX play through, nice to see an update in the works.

Think Shifter will ever be updated? yukichigai.googlepages.com has v1.8 up... and yet moddb has v1.8.4...

anyhow will be playing through DX over the next month with HDTP, New Vision 1.5, and Kentie's Deus EXE v5.2...

will post back during the course of such.

also, I read in a previous post in this thread it was recommended to install Deus Ex Patch 1112fm EVEN IF you already have GOTY (which to my knowledge already has this integrated into it), any particular reason why this is being recommended?

Thanks again for HDTP.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

drivetheory wrote: also, I read in a previous post in this thread it was recommended to install Deus Ex Patch 1112fm EVEN IF you already have GOTY (which to my knowledge already has this integrated into it), any particular reason why this is being recommended?
Because GOTY is typically 1.112f and the fm patch does change things enough that it throws off a number of mods if you don't install the fm patch. Just overall better to play with what the mod authors have standardized to.
drivetheory
Mole Person

Post by drivetheory »

um, my GOTY already shows as version 1.112fm (see attached screenshot) which is why i asked about the need to download and install the 1.112fm patch...
Attachments
DeusEx_GOTY.png
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

drivetheory wrote:um, my GOTY already shows as version 1.112fm (see attached screenshot) which is why i asked about the need to download and install the 1.112fm patch...
You don't, then. Consider what you read as generic instructions to everybody. While most should, if you know you already have 1.112fm then you're good. My GOTY is 1.112f so I need the patch.
drivetheory
Mole Person

Post by drivetheory »

ah, good deal then. I just vaguely recall a few other games in the past where a Gold/Deluxe/GOTY version did actually need to be patched because something was missing or broken or whatever in the release and the patch fixed it, which is why i asked.

thanks again :)
DDL

Post by DDL »

I've always needed to patch, even when my DX install claims to be 1.112fm, and I figured it's not like you can "overpatch" your install, so generally recommend patching even if you think you don't need to.
Blackbird
Thug

Post by Blackbird »

Steam version is definitely the 1.112fm version so that explains why I had no problems :D
CountD
Mole Person

Post by CountD »

Holy damn, just stumbled upon this. Could you at least post something on Moddb or something? Lol, no offense guys, seriously, thanks a lot. Finally JC doesn't look like he's 20 years older than he is and this alone makes this mod worth it (and it has much more going for it). Can I make an installer for it?

Playing through it right now, the only glitch I've seen so far is Anna Navarre not moving her lips.
AdamJensen
NSF

Post by AdamJensen »

Hi,

I did not know that HDTP Beta contained some unused content or secrets!

I was playing the Cozmo RPG mod, and it does not have readable newspapers, but I came to this:

http://postimg.org/image/cekkn01k1/
http://postimg.org/image/8j08mrgyr/

I am sure that this text is NOT related to Cozmo RPG, because I contacted the author about this and he said that I did not add any texts in this mod.

I think this came, because the newspapers were empty.