Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
ggrotz
X-51

Re: HDTP beta

Post by ggrotz »

AdamJensen wrote: I am sure that this text is NOT related to Cozmo RPG, because I contacted the author about this and he said that I did not add any texts in this mod.

I think this came, because the newspapers were empty.
A lot of different mods will do this. From what I can tell, it relates to how the specific newspapers are indexed in regular DX and how the images are matched up. If the mod uses similar indexing, you'll get whatever image that matches the DX index. Since most mods don't have specific images set up themselves, you just kind of have to roll with it.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Yeah, every vanilla DX newspaper has a unique texture, but I knew that mods had many others...so I asked Daveyboy to generate a few "generic" newspapers. If the game can't find a texture to match the texttag of the newspaper, it uses a randomly selected one of the generics instead. :)
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Speaking of Daveyboy, am I remembering correctly you asked him for some other textures for the next version, DDL? :-k If so, what is he working on?
Prophet
NSF

Post by Prophet »

Am I suppose to download all the betas, or just the last one???
THE PROPHET
AdamJensen
NSF

Post by AdamJensen »

You have to download all the three files as well as to install HDTP Release1 before installing the beta in your DX folder.
vanukar
Mole Person

Post by vanukar »

I really like the new character models and other things included in this release, thanks for continuing this great work. Only thing I think looks a bit off is JC's model..the face seems a bit mis-shapen.
Prophet
NSF

Post by Prophet »

I got the three files, but where do I get the Release 1?
To be honest, I'm not going to search all 22 pages for it...
THE PROPHET
AdamJensen
NSF

Post by AdamJensen »

Prophet
NSF

Post by Prophet »

Oh, Thank you so much...
It's apparent that you are the one with all the links...
The other require my to search Google... :lol:
THE PROPHET
Daveyboy1978
Thug

Post by Daveyboy1978 »

Salk wrote:Speaking of Daveyboy, am I remembering correctly you asked him for some other textures for the next version, DDL? :-k If so, what is he working on?
I did do textures for night vision goggles, medkit, binocs, computer security panel, leather sofa & chair, soy food, police boat, control panel & the sat dish. Not sure if they are in though?
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Thanks for this piece of info, Daveyboy. :smile:

Can you tell us if you're also working on other things at the moment?
Daveyboy1978
Thug

Post by Daveyboy1978 »

Salk wrote:Thanks for this piece of info, Daveyboy. :smile:

Can you tell us if you're also working on other things at the moment?
bjorn98009_91 wrote:Some more. These are not all the ones missing, but some I think are important that show up on a few different places and things I personally think looks out of place.
These are all things that I can find that are not HDTP-fied and is actually used in the game.

Generic: BoneSkull, CoffeeTable, Chandelier, ClothesRack, HangingChicken, PoolTableLight, TrafficLight, LifeSupportBase, Buoy, Bushes1, Bushes2, Bushes3, Cactus1, Cactus2, CarBurned, CarStripped, CarWrecked, StatueLion, TrashPaper, AttackHelicopter, BlackHelicopter, MiniSub, VialAmbrosia, SpyDrone.

Hong Kong:
HKChair, HKCouch, HKBirdCage, HKHangingLantern, HKHangingLantern2, HKHangingPig, HKMarketLight, HKBuddah, HKIncenseBurner, HKMarketTable, HKTable, HKTukTuk

NYC:
NYEagleStatue, NYLiberty, NYLibertyTop, NYLibertyTorch

Washington: WHBookstand, WHCabinet, WHDeskLibrarySmall, WHDeskOvalOffice, WHEndtableLibrary, WHPhone, WHPiano, WHRedCandleabra

And all different fragment classes.

Believe it or not there are actually a few objects left which I haven't mentioned. ^^
This post is more for reference than an actual request, but here you have most of the stuff that's not done.

Edit: Added some more stuff.
Well I have a lot of months free time now so in the next few days I can make a start on some of those - as long as no one else is doing them.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

That'd be great!

I am pretty sure DDL is the only one working on HDTP but perhaps he'll notice this and chime in to confirm it himself.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Hi all!

Yeah, Daveyboy sent me a load of textures, I just haven't had the time and...well, enthusiasm to get them incorporated. Guess I'd better get moving on that.

Re: other textures...

Skull is actually done (and in), same for trashpaper (not a lot you can do with a semi-blank sheet of paper anyway), though thinking about it if you wanted to make a few (fairly simple) variations I could code it to randomise.

Fragment classes might be nice but a decent number of movers are set to reskin the fragments with other textures anyway, so I wouldn't necessarily prioritise those.

Liberty stuff and eagle/lion statues would be great, coz they're fairly noticable.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Thanks for this nice update, DDL!

I hope you'll soon find again the motivation to make HDTP even better! I guess that it's still a one man's work that needs to be done?