Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: HDTP beta

Post by Cybernetic pig »

In my opinion all DeusEx.u modders (that started post release of the following mods) should build off of the mods that stay true to vanilla and are objectively better: HDTP/NewVision/HuRen/DX2.0. people starting fresh DeusEx.u's gets this game nowhere.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Double post, apparently.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Well I guess we could just implement HDTP support into 2.0 and then we can choose if we want "vanilla HDTP" or "fixes + HDTP".
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

What does Revision's DeusEx.u consist of in terms of new content, if you don't mind me asking? I thought revision was just revised maps and therefore compatible with most.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

We don't have a DeusEx.u. We have some .u files that contains various decos and unique weapons, and then our own mission scripts. That's all really.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Well I guess we could just implement HDTP support into 2.0 and then we can choose if we want "vanilla HDTP" or "fixes + HDTP".
Oh right, you were talking about Deus Ex 2.0. Didn't realize you were part of the project. Cool.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

I am not :P Don't know why I said "we", guess I meant the community at large.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Yeah, that's what got me confused. Is a community project, sort of, so :/
Y|yukichigai
UNATCO

Post by Y|yukichigai »

DDL wrote:My plan for HDTP has always been to modify as little code as possible, which for me means modding vanilla DX only.

If I start modding a modded (and indeed, still in progress) core code pack, tracking changes becomes a nightmare.

(plus of course, one man's exploit/bug/problem is another man's awesome feature -at least with the current approach I'm not required to make any personal judgement calls)
The intent behind DX 2.0 is just a baseline set of changes which are very clearly bugfixes or correct oversights. Ideally once it's finalized it will be pretty uncontroversial, definitely more good than harm.

That said, I totally understand not wanting to try and manage changes from two separate projects in one .u. I was more talking about the future.
Jobesky
Thug

Post by Jobesky »

Hey guys, new guy here. Couple questions.

1. Is the new Shifter almost done? I need my Deus Ex fix. :cry:

2. Will there be detailed instructions on how to install this with HDTP, New Vision and Give Me Deus Ex mod?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Jobesky wrote:Hey guys, new guy here. Couple questions.

2. Will there be detailed instructions on how to install this with HDTP, New Vision and Give Me Deus Ex mod?
Guide to installing HDTP, New Vision & GMDX here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx (scroll down)

GMDX is not compatable with Shifter, however, but they have a different design focus from each other anyway.
Jobesky
Thug

Post by Jobesky »

They aren't compatible? DAMN! I can't play DX without Shifter, and DX is too easy without your mod... :/
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Well, just like DX's design, you cannot have everything in one playthrough! Adds to replayability and makes choices actually require thought, yielding importance. :mrgreen:
Jobesky
Thug

Post by Jobesky »

What would happen if I used Shifter and GMDX at the same time?
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

To put it simply, you just... can't. It won't happen. Most of the changes in both mods are to the exact same file. You'll get one or the other, with possibly some other problems resulting from probably-minor changes to other files.