Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
rolatis
Thug

Re: HDTP beta

Post by rolatis »

Would it be possible to implement the visible cloaking that was seen in GMDX? I think that adds a lot of immersion when using the cloak because you actually feel like you're cloaked.
Mirrorman95
Thug

Post by Mirrorman95 »

This mod looks absolutely great with its HQ updated models. I have two main issues with the HDTP beta:

1. Anna Nevarre's lips don't move when she talks. Please update the model to include lip movement or else remove her from the pack altogether.

2. Bob Page should be in the pack. He's one of the few major characters who isn't in the HDTP, which is weird because there's a topic on this forum showcasing a fairly decent Bob Page model made by Phasmatis. Tracer Tong should be in the pack as well, but there isn't already an HD model for him floating around the boards.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Mirrorman95 wrote:
1. Anna Nevarre's lips don't move when she talks. Please update the model to include lip movement or else remove her from the pack altogether.
You are aware of the in-game HDTP options? Set to custom and enable all but MJ12 and Navarre.
2. Bob Page should be in the pack. He's one of the few major characters who isn't in the HDTP, which is weird because there's a topic on this forum showcasing a fairly decent Bob Page model made by Phasmatis. Tracer Tong should be in the pack as well, but there isn't already an HD model for him floating around the boards.
Actually, I think MIB's/WIB's & Chinese police should be updated (perhaps to actually look Chinese?) :smile: Yeah, page is another important one but he doesn't make many appearances at all.

Also, is it me or does HDTP smoothen the running animation a touch? I remember it being the most immersion killing thing ever vanilla or maybe I got used to it. I could just look.
Mirrorman95
Thug

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Cybernetic pig wrote:
Mirrorman95 wrote:
You are aware of the in-game HDTP options? Set to custom and enable all but MJ12 and Navarre.
Alright, but why make a model in the HDTP if it's incapable of animation? Do they expect us to use a lipless model just because it looks better? Is the HDTP team going to fix the issue?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

No, they expect you bake them a raddish pie out of appreciation.
There is an option to disable HDTP Navarre in-game so you are not expected to do anything.

It is a bug/oversight, or a "fuck it, people have been eagerly anticipating HDTP for years, we'll release it now and fix that later".

Just visit the site from time to time keeping an eye out for the next release, It's likely up top on thier to-do list.
fttlov
Mole Person

Post by fttlov »

Greetings from cold Russia. I'm from russian Deus Ex community http://Planetdeusex.ru (Sorry about my English)

I have a source codes of the very interesting mod - HardcoreDX (from hejhujka). I edit it for my self to play Deus Ex with new sensations.
For a full high I want to use yours HDTP Mod whit HardcoreDX. In a new century with a new graphics! hm.. nice slogan :smile:

I tried to extracting and compiling all hdtp source, but failed.

I used UnrealEd to extract classes (used hdtp deusex.u).
Then i tried to unpack HDTP packs like a "HDTPCharacters" and others by this program http://deusexextractor.at.tut.by/download.html. Then transfer contents into DeusEx root folder (for example DeusEx\HDTPCharacters\Models(Textures)), but failed, when use ucc make: can't find some textures, though they on the places (I looked their names and places in importscript)
I think, extractor incorrectly works with imporscript files and my knowledge is not enough.

Tell, please, who to contact about HDTP Beta Source?
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

The extractor sets the file names of the files by using the NAME property the asset has. The NAME property is the name the asset has in-game. Thus the NAME and the actual filename used when compiling the package from the beginning can be different. As you can see in the script there is a path to the file the compiler uses and the NAME property. Somewhat annoyingly this causes textures/assets to be extracted with the wrong file name and you then have to lookup in the script what the name should be. If only the devs used the same import name as the NAME property.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Blackbird
Thug

Post by Blackbird »

So any progress?
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

fttlov wrote:Tell, please, who to contact about HDTP Beta Source?
Oh, missed that one. DDL should be the guy to talk to, I think.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

He PM'd me, don't worry.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DDL wrote:He PM'd me, don't worry.
I'm not sure if the PM system here is working or not since I have a message I sent sitting in "OutBox" instead of "sent messages", but I had a question regarding HDTP for whoever. I sit down and did some learning with Inno Setup and made an HDTP installer that works well enough for me. I thought about sharing it, but wanted to ask permission, clarification on some strings, do a little testing, etc, and did so in this "Outbox" message.
DDL

Post by DDL »

I got two PMs from you, but one of them comes up as "unsent"...it's weird.

Anyway, when I get around to finalising HDTP (which to be honest is more of a motivation issue than a time issue...though time is also a factor), an installer would be super. Trestkon made the last one, but I know jack shit about NSIS or installers in general, so: yeah, that'd be great.:)
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DDL wrote: Anyway, when I get around to finalising HDTP (which to be honest is more of a motivation issue than a time issue...though time is also a factor), an installer would be super. Trestkon made the last one, but I know jack shit about NSIS or installers in general, so: yeah, that'd be great.:)
Sure. Like I mentioned, I already got a vanilla one done with the files offered here that I can throw a link up for (the on the web link goes to this post, but perhaps for the best) if the permission is there. If I didn't fuck anything up or need to do something like licenses or other stuff, updating it with new files would be easier than the Paris cops arresting Jordorowsky.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

DDL wrote:Anyway, when I get around to finalising HDTP (which to be honest is more of a motivation issue than a time issue...though time is also a factor), an installer would be super.
DDL,

may I ask you if you have a rough estimate of how many hours you'd need to put into finalising HDTP? I am just curious...
Blackbird
Thug

Post by Blackbird »

DDL wrote:I got two PMs from you, but one of them comes up as "unsent"...it's weird.

Anyway, when I get around to finalising HDTP (which to be honest is more of a motivation issue than a time issue...though time is also a factor), an installer would be super. Trestkon made the last one, but I know jack shit about NSIS or installers in general, so: yeah, that'd be great.:)
Glad to hear this. Your pack is amazing.