Re: HDTP beta

Post by ghostdog »

Thank you. =D>
Schlumpf
Thug

Post by Schlumpf »

Hi,

great to hear that a new beta is out. thank you folks.

now my question. I use steam, i import all files in the neccesars paths , but nothing change. (maybe a ini problem? i use NV too)

thanks

- done -
amigo
Mole Person

Post by amigo »

Thank you =D>

Did I forget to say Thank you =D> ?

Oh yeah and
Thank you =D>
SyntaxError
Thug

Post by SyntaxError »

Thanks to the Team for the great work!

Too bad I won't have much time to play it in the next weeks, but on the other hand, maybe I tehn get to enjoy a final version.

So, again, thank you!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Schlumpf wrote:Hi,

great to hear that a new beta is out. thank you folks.

now my question. I use steam, i import all files in the neccesars paths , but nothing change. (maybe a ini problem? i use NV too)

thanks

- done -
The DeusExexe Steam uses is different to the retail version and mods won't work with it. I recommend the Kenties: http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/

Turn off the automatic updates by using the game's properties thing in the Steam library

Replace the Steam exe with Kenties exe

Run the game for a moment

Install mods as per readmes.

Here's a handy topic as well:http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... f=6&t=1206
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Apologies for the double.

I have no bugs to report but I'd like to mention that I don't find the old and new models in the same space that jarring. The pots the plants stand in are sweet....so shiny.

I'm currently escaping from the secret MJ12 facility and for the first time in all my playthroughs I managed to lure that MIB and two troopers into the waiting arms Gatling guns of the bot with the changed IFF. I'm taking that as a good omen. It's been a trouble free run so far (with the MJ12 option off) except for being too clever with the result of having a boomeranged LAM land at my feet. :lol:

I'm looking forward to finishing this run and installing New Vision along side of HDTP.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

ggrotz wrote:I don't know if you'd call it a bug (I'm leaning towards yes), but it's funny as hell. Paul has an aug which makes it so his chair doesn't roll away.
The two ladies in the club where you find Nicolette sit like this, too (I didn't check Alex in Everett's place, I should). Since I'm not aware of this in vanilla DX or the first HDTP, I'm guessing it might be worth looking into. That said...
Attachments
Is this the renderer doing this or something else?  Regardless I'm noticing this just now.
Is this the renderer doing this or something else? Regardless I'm noticing this just now.
hdtpshot03.jpg (6.99 KiB) Viewed 11052 times
A second example of what you see when you carry something.
A second example of what you see when you carry something.
When you're carrying something it's hard to see.  Impossible to see if you're in the dark.
When you're carrying something it's hard to see. Impossible to see if you're in the dark.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

And finally...
Attachments
Obvious...I get why it is (to address the "throwing the box of boom in conversation" thing, but still odd).
Obvious...I get why it is (to address the "throwing the box of boom in conversation" thing, but still odd).
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Mmm, everyone who has been seated at UNATCO HQ and the secret MJ12 facility have had their posteriors firmly planted on their chairs. I'm just heading for Hong Kong now and I'll check to see if that changes.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

ggrotz, I think that might just be a rendering issue. Which render are you using? You get the same hologram issue as your Bob Page there with DX 10 and Maybe DX9 renders. I am using the DX10 render and get the same with crates and boxes when carrying them around. Although I have not seen this (but it could be because I don't hold a box before starting 3rd person conversation.):
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I'm sure they weren't like that at Liberty Island but I just loaded a save at the MJ12 facility and have the same issue. I have the OpenGL renderer.

Added: I haven't carried any in the dark but you can still see where you want to go in the lighted areas.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

I'm pretty sure I didn't change any drop/handle code, so carried objects should be behaving exactly as before.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I've got my brightness turned up to 65. Deus Ex in the fifties and below is too dark for my taste. I don't know if that's relevant.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

If anyone is planning a playthrough of Deus Ex, or is doing so, I'm about to start uploading a beta build of New Vision.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Morpheus wrote:ggrotz, I think that might just be a rendering issue. Which render are you using? You get the same hologram issue as your Bob Page there with DX 10 and Maybe DX9 renders.
DX9, but it really just started playing with this HDTP beta. Everett in the holocomm with his white shades is really interesting.
Although I have not seen this (but it could be because I don't hold a box before starting 3rd person conversation.):
It was a quick test just to check something. AFAIR, the normal behavior is to throw a carried object when you enter a conversation. As for the appearance of the boxes, they were this opaque in HDTP release 1 and aren't on the original DX, so this is why I mentioned it. Specifically, I was carrying a box of boom out of the catacombs and was like "damn I can't see, don't want to run into one of those barrels with fire in it or I'm fucked".
DaveW wrote:If anyone is planning a playthrough of Deus Ex, or is doing so, I'm about to start uploading a beta build of New Vision.
Cool. I'm in Area51 about to blow Page up, but I'm going to hit a few of the older mods afterwards. Can always check what's going on. What is it specifically that you would like us to check?