Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Re: HDTP beta

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

DaveW wrote:If anyone is planning a playthrough of Deus Ex, or is doing so, I'm about to start uploading a beta build of New Vision.
I was just about to start. I guess I should wait now :D
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

ggrotz wrote:Cool. I'm in Area51 about to blow Page up, but I'm going to hit a few of the older mods afterwards. Can always check what's going on. What is it specifically that you would like us to check?
Anything out of the ordinary. Crazy texture scales, missing textures. I'm going to have a look for this myself - but any textures you remember being remastered before that are now low-res. Show-stopping bugs, basically.

Also:
Gah.
mqduck
NSF

Post by mqduck »

m3rc1l3ss wrote:
DaveW wrote:If anyone is planning a playthrough of Deus Ex, or is doing so, I'm about to start uploading a beta build of New Vision.
I was just about to start. I guess I should wait now :D
I'm pretty sure you can start using New Vision in the middle of a playthrough, unlike HDTP. Or am I wrong?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DaveW wrote: Anything out of the ordinary. Crazy texture scales, missing textures. I'm going to have a look for this myself - but any textures you remember being remastered before that are now low-res. Show-stopping bugs, basically.
Okay. Hard to remember what is new from time to time especially since so much is mostly done with NV and HDTP as well. The only thing I remember from the current release that wasn't right was the off-scaled grates. But once you make it available, I can continue playing with it as opposed to the current version I have now.
mqduck wrote:I'm pretty sure you can start using New Vision in the middle of a playthrough, unlike HDTP. Or am I wrong?
You can with New Vision. Just plug the lines in the appropriate places (or have the loader I did or Kentie's new loader do it for you) and you can go with NV installed. The problem with doing that for HDTP is that it stores certain things in saved game files which make them incompatible if you switch back and forth.

That said, I got a run of Burden of 80 Proof and Der Zeit Mann done with the new HDTP. The screenshot indicates the only major problem I found. Other than that, there were old textures all over spread admist the new HDTP textures (most jarring being the old computer texture showing up in Der Zeit Mann), but I figure that was because the mod authors created derivative weapons with the same appearances, or items that look identical but only have their descriptions differ. I guess if the mod authors want their stuff to fit the new HDTP, they'd have to reimport the new graphics or just refer to the proper graphic instead of copy it?

I'll be hitting ZODIAC over the next day or two and that will tell a lot of the story with how mods will function with this new HDTP.
Attachments
A newspaper in Burden of 80 Proof.  I noticed a lot of "generic book" textures in the two mods I listed.  You might want to do the same with the newspapers.
A newspaper in Burden of 80 Proof. I noticed a lot of "generic book" textures in the two mods I listed. You might want to do the same with the newspapers.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

This is a plot to get me over my Borderlands 2 addiction isn't it? :lol:

Edit: I've got a few things happening this week that'll stop or take time away from my DX (HDTP beta) run so I'll grab the full NV next week.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

DaveW wrote:
ggrotz wrote:Cool. I'm in Area51 about to blow Page up, but I'm going to hit a few of the older mods afterwards. Can always check what's going on. What is it specifically that you would like us to check?
Anything out of the ordinary. Crazy texture scales, missing textures. I'm going to have a look for this myself - but any textures you remember being remastered before that are now low-res. Show-stopping bugs, basically.

Also:
Gah.

Dude, you need to update ;)
https://www.dropbox.com/install
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I only installed it a few weeks ago, I haven't had Windows installed that long. Maybe I grabbed an old installer. Not that I really use it, anyway.

Also, in HDTP-related news, the Chinese bot texture isn't showing up:

SlySpy
UNATCO

Post by SlySpy »

Have a little problem with sun-tan JC's brother.
Attachments
hdtperror.JPG
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

This is one very elaborate hoax. It's not even april guys.

Seriously though, good going!
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Jaedar wrote:This is one very elaborate hoax. It's not even april guys.
Damn it guys, he caught us.
Should we tell him about Duke Nukem Forever and Black Mesa yet? :mrgreen:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

DaveW wrote:I only installed it a few weeks ago, I haven't had Windows installed that long. Maybe I grabbed an old installer. Not that I really use it, anyway.

Also, in HDTP-related news, the Chinese bot texture isn't showing up:
Yeah, that was actually the first things I noticed but totally forgot to write down >_>

The textures definitely seem to be there, tho'
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

They should be, I made 'em.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Is it just me or do turrets shoot slower than they used to? I didn't really notice until I was at the helibase and opening the elevator door to go to the airfield and the turret was shooting at me and usually I die more than half the time, before the door is open as I don't usually have a way to stop the turret by this stage, but it seemed far easier to pass this time.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I don't know about the turrets, I either hack or GEP them. I'll do a quicksave the next time I'm near one and have a look.

The lighting in some areas seems better as well. It may be hardware related but greens and reds seem to be a deeper (clearer?!) hue. Not the lights themselves but the area they illuminate.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
tetracycloide
Thug

Post by tetracycloide »

Is there supposed to be a new lockpick model? I'm guessing no?

So far I've only noticed a few 'bugs' and they've all been with various book/newspaper texts that have misspellings or typos. I need to confirm they're not in vanilla to make sure it's the mod though.

Awesome work, super excited about this. Glad to hear a new version of shifter and NV might be in the works too. Love the model toggles in the game menu, that was absolutely worth the time IMO. So far every time I think I don't like one of the new character models/textures and change it back I realize I just forgot what the old model/texture really looked like. So far the only thing I miss is the giant redish logo on UNATCO trooper's foreheads.

Oh, and since some people were asking for more screens here is an album I put together after restarting a few days ago with NV, HDTP Beta, and DX10: http://imgur.com/a/AOteq#0