Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
ggrotz
X-51

Re: HDTP beta

Post by ggrotz »

DDL wrote:I'd also like to get in touch with Metche since she was the last person to have (to my knowledge) a list of contributors: I'd like credit to go to as many people as possible.
FWIW, on the installer I posted a few posts above, I included the "HDTP desktop" and Metche's original credits list from the original HDTP installer.
DDL wrote:Other than that, I'm personally more than happy for ggrotz to distribute an integrated installer, as I'm pretty sure doing so will circumvent 90% of the tedious hassle outlined in the first post of this thread. So go ahead!
Great! I won't worry about upset feelings on the one I already posted, then.
DDL wrote:If you like, I'll send you the final files (as and when I decide to draw the line under this whole project), and you can bundle them up into a full installer. That'd be great, in fact.
Great! Just let me know. If the one I already posted doesn't have any issues for others (like I said it works perfectly for me), it will be a simple matter to change the files and rebuild it.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

I really don't know whether people are downloading the installer or not...so no issues anyone has run into? Only thing I'm aware of is I think I got the ENBSeries driver instead of Kentie's in the package. Will check that out, but if anyone has any other issues or suggestions, please let me know so I can get it doing everything people need it to do.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Testing...

Seems good.

Only one suggestion: An alert box warning users to run Deus Ex once first beforehand (if that's still necessary as it was with release 1).

Also does it check if Deus Ex is patched to v1112fm, or perhaps include the patch in the installer as an optional checkbox?

More testers need to step forward as I just done a half-assed job (ran it and installed once) but I had no issues and it seemed to cover everything, even warning players of MJ12 troops and installing HDTP release 1 beforehand.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Cybernetic pig wrote:Testing...Seems good.
Thanks.
Cybernetic pig wrote:Only one suggestion: An alert box warning users to run Deus Ex once first beforehand (if that's still necessary as it was with release 1).
Great idea to look into. However, one thing I found in writing the loader is that if you specify the proper video driver within Deus Ex well, you can pretty much bypass that step altogether as long as you tag in the INI correctly that the initial part has been done. I might go ahead and set that up and try to force at least one of the drivers on that "Additional Tasks" screen. I'll think about it some more.
Cybernetic pig wrote:Also does it check if Deus Ex is patched to v1112fm, or perhaps include the patch in the installer as an optional checkbox?
Another good suggestion if I can figure out what to look for to tell that.
Cybernetic pig wrote:More testers need to step forward as I just done a half-assed job (ran it and installed once) but I had no issues and it seemed to cover everything, even warning players of MJ12 troops and installing HDTP release 1 beforehand.
Clarification, it runs the uninstaller, which you can finish or quit. But the intention is to clean up some of the old irrelevant files and registry entries.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

ggrotz wrote: Clarification, it runs the uninstaller, which you can finish or quit. But the intention is to clean up some of the old irrelevant files and registry entries.
Yeah sorry, typo :)

Edit: Just a minor nitpick: the uninstaller is named unins002 rather than Uninstall HDTP.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Check Manifest.ini for Version=1112f to see if the game is patched.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Check Manifest.ini for Version=1112f to see if the game is patched.
Thanks for this...but wouldn't it be 1112fm, since most of the mods seem to insist on the multiplayer patch? Or is 1112f okay?
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Nope, no m on the end. Check your own Manifest.ini :)
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Nope, no m on the end. Check your own Manifest.ini :)
I did before I posted that, and I did again.

Version=1112fm
Jito463
Mole Person

Post by Jito463 »

It's likely a difference between the Steam (and possibly GoG) and the retail versions. My retail version is no longer installed, but my Steam copy just shows 1112f. The retail is likely the one listing as 1112fm. Still, you should be able to check for 1112f, regardless of whether there's an 'm' on the end, or not.
Last edited by Jito463 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Jito463 wrote:It's likely a difference between the Steam (or possibly GoG) and the retail versions. My retail version is no longer installed, but my Steam copy just shows 1112f. The retail is likely the one listing as 1112fm. Still, you should be able to check for 1112f, regardless of whether there's an 'm' on the end, or not.
Perhaps so. FWIW, my retail version installs as 1112f out of the box, but I have a patch that gets 1112fm. The reason I'm asking is that I recall a number of mods specifically calling for the multiplayer patch of whatever version (like ZODIAC will say on its moddb page). It's been a while with some of it as far as my memory goes, but I remember keeping the 1112fm patch around because a lot of people were saying most all the mods required it.

So, the multiplayer patch matters...the question I don't remember is how much.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

That's weird. But both the retail and Steam version show the Multiplayer button in the menu and says 1112fm when in-game, right?
Jito463
Mole Person

Post by Jito463 »

Yeah, in-game it definitely shows 1112fm and has the multiplayer option, but the manifest.ini just doesn't reflect that for some reason.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Yup, so one wonders if it's just that single line in Manifest.ini that differs or if there are other files differing as well. I should really investigate that sometime, like take a sfv of the entire DX folder when it says 1112f in Manifest.ini, then install the patch and verify my sfv.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Yup, so one wonders if it's just that single line in Manifest.ini that differs or if there are other files differing as well. I should really investigate that sometime, like take a sfv of the entire DX folder when it says 1112f in Manifest.ini, then install the patch and verify my sfv.
I already did, since I was doing a vanilla install of DX to check out the HDTP installer a bit more. My out of the box shows 1112f in manifest.ini, shows 1112fm on the main screen. When I installed the 1112fm patch, I got 4 files changed:
dxpatch_changes.jpg
dxpatch_changes.jpg (5.52 KiB) Viewed 8023 times
As you can see, what got changed is a couple of logo files and a multiplayer map, along with the manifest.ini change we've been talking about. So really the patch didn't matter too much for my system and checking for 1112f by itself (disregard m) should be fine. Then again, it should be relatively inconsequential for HDTP (DDL can correct me on that), but no harm in trying to knock out as many support issues as possible before they become a problem. While inconsequential, I have to wonder how the logo files changed. Edit: The "out of the box" ones are GOTY logos, the patch makes them generic.

So I guess the answer is that the 1112fm patch probably doesn't matter on more modern Deus Ex installer builds. But again, I have to wonder if there's a 1112f Deus Ex install out there (older) that really needs the fm patch these days? Again, that was a long time ago and my memory is no good on whether it actually mattered or not.
Last edited by ggrotz on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.