Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: HDTP beta

Post by DDL »

Ah, yeah, looking at my code now. It's been a while since I looked at infodevices.

Ok, I think dynamicloadobject fails silently (it just logs the failure at the moment because I asked it to), so I could remove the logging for a start.

I could, while I'm there, add a property to informationdevices that would let you specify a package string when placing books ("revisioninfos.books." or whatever) and then put in a catch to search there if it's not a dx package?
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Yeah, it's my quest to eliminate logspam that started this. Sure, add such a prefix string, would be great if/when we implement our own textures for info devices.

Also saw some weirdness with multiple textures of DeusExPickup classes. DeusExPickup has textureSet but it seems like Cigarettes.uc is the only class to use this, Sodacan appears to have multiple textures defined but they do not use textureSet, not sure what to do to access those textures as the skin code there is kind of hacky. Perhaps Liquor40oz could be modified to use textureSet as well, so it works with the inventory keeping track of the various variants of booze you pick up. You can still keep the enum, for compatibility, just link the two properties together maybe.

Also, komco has created updated inventory icons rendered from the HDTP meshes. Perhaps you should consider including those in HDTP :)
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Yeah, I've actually implemented all of that in my own stuff: I think I just left it out of HDTP because despite there being actually zero incidences of non-default sodacans or 40oz bottles in the game, they do have discrete enums (so other mappers might've used them). Cigs didn't, and since they're almost entirely spawned via cig machines, I could just mix it up though stored int vars. I could cast all the enums to ints and store it that way I suppose, but...ugh.

Course, looking at the textures for the HDTP versions of the liquor and soda cans, I think I made those anyway. They have a DDL-style hackiness look to them (plus "ZEER: beer + zyme" does sound like something I'd invent). Shoulda saved myself the headache and left it all as defaults. :/
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

DDL wrote: Course, looking at the textures for the HDTP versions of the liquor and soda cans, I think I made those anyway. They have a DDL-style hackiness look to them (plus "ZEER: beer + zyme" does sound like something I'd invent). Shoulda saved myself the headache and left it all as defaults. :/
Hmm, that is telling of your age I guess: forgetting the creation of distinctive textures like that. :giggle:

They are appreciated! I've made good use of them anyways. I must admit I hate the "Zeer!" one, sorry. All the others a perfect though.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Ehm, Liquor40oz is the only class with enums, Sodacan doesn't have any.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Oh, well fuck knows what I was thinking, then.

If I get time to implement it, then I'll do it. I was thinking I should upload the latest build sooner rather than later, though, so since it might be a bit of work porting all my code across and removing humorous references and shit, maybe I'll try uploading what I've got now, and implementing it later.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Yeah, that code is weird. I guess if a mapper manually set the Skin property of a can you will HDTPize it.

Code: Select all

function postpostbeginplay()
{
	//check for non-standard textures, adjust accordingly. HAAACKY.
	if(skin == texture'SodacanTex2' || multiskins[0] == texture'SodacanTex2')
		Multiskins[1] = texture'HDTPSodacantex2';
	else if(skin == texture'SodacanTex3' || multiskins[0] == texture'SodacanTex3')
		Multiskins[1] = texture'HDTPSodacantex3';
	else if(skin == texture'SodacanTex4' || multiskins[0] == texture'SodacanTex4')
		Multiskins[1] = texture'HDTPSodacantex4';

super.PostPostBeginPlay();
}
I checked the book/newspaper textures and crossreferenced with code in InfoDevices.

There are two textures called:
HDTP06_Books03
HDTP06_Books05

While the rest is called Book*.
Can't seem to find textures for:
HDTP09_Book01
HDTP15_Book02

And finally page number on HDTP09_Book02 is pure white unlike HDTP12_Book01 that's in the same style.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Odd. The .uc clearly says book, yet the imported files in the .u say books, as noted. The mind boggles.

As for the two missing books, it's entirely possible textures were never made for them. I didn't make out a list of textures, DaveyBoy just sent me textures for all those books he could find, as far as I'm aware. What text do those books actually have in them?

And the pure white page numbers will probably stay, coz I hate messing with other people's textures. Nice spot, though!
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

I was just thinking that if you were talking to DaveyBoy sometime in the future you could bring this up, with the PSD file on hand it should be an easy fix.

Seems like neither of those two books are actually placed in any map. 15_Book02 is "The Man Who Was Thursday", so that should be fairly easy to add to a whitelist. 09_Book01 is a sign in book for the Dockyard.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Something I noticed running 2027 with HDTP: The multitool and lockpick function is broken (endless animation, no workie). I guess the two are not compatible?
DDL

Post by DDL »

No idea why that should be. The only thing HDTP does is handle a skinswap via renderoverlays.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DDL wrote:No idea why that should be. The only thing HDTP does is handle a skinswap via renderoverlays.
Just tried it again, it's working now. Weird to be sure.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

@DDL or those who can answer: I'm trying to extract the contents of HDTPItems.u because I want to add blood to the weapon skins (for when hit by a load of blood), except when I go to do so using DEEDS I get the following error: "Failed: Unknown Texture Format". Any idea what I can do about this problem?
DDL

Post by DDL »

No idea, it should be incredibly easy to export them (they're just .pcx files). You should be able to do it via the editor, even.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Found two more things, the HDTP rifle plays both RifleReload and RifleReloadEnd sounds at the same time when you start reloading. Possibly related, the regular Pistol's sound doesn't really match well with the animation.

Edit: Seems that a Sleep was forgotten to put in into Reload.Begin for bLazyAnims, added it myself and the issue got a lot better. Not perfect, but well it's pretty good.