Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: HDTP beta

Post by bobby 55 »

Ooooh, there are some nice screenies there tetracycloide. The med-bot and the background show the lovely marriage of HDTP and New Vision. The one I'll do when New Vision is released is Filbin's shack with a few barrels in the shot. It's another example of how improved Deus Ex looks when both are installed.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Schlumpf
Thug

Post by Schlumpf »

bobby 55 wrote:
Schlumpf wrote:Hi,

great to hear that a new beta is out. thank you folks.

now my question. I use steam, i import all files in the neccesars paths , but nothing change. (maybe a ini problem? i use NV too)

thanks

- done -
The DeusExexe Steam uses is different to the retail version and mods won't work with it. I recommend the Kenties: http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/

Turn off the automatic updates by using the game's properties thing in the Steam library

Replace the Steam exe with Kenties exe

Run the game for a moment

Install mods as per readmes.

Here's a handy topic as well:http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... f=6&t=1206
thanks, the problem is solved. I copy the files in every file folder. :mrgreen:
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Is there supposed to be a new lockpick model? I'm guessing no?
I thought there was supposed to be a new Bob Page and Tracer Tong also?
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
tetracycloide
Thug

Post by tetracycloide »

They don't appear on the in-game menu so I would assume they're not supposed to be included. I know work was done on a few character updates that were not included, I would guess because some people raised a stink about them. Appearance changes to iconic characters in a title like this our bound to raise controversy. The toggle was a great solution.
Daveyboy1978
Thug

Post by Daveyboy1978 »

Morpheus wrote:
Is there supposed to be a new lockpick model? I'm guessing no?
I will create a new texture for it.

There are two meshes - one for just lying down in the world and one for being held. The textures used are completely different, can't believe after all this time never noticed that!

Last edited by Daveyboy1978 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

What's quite annoying about that is I made a high-detail world and view mesh for it. And the sawed-off, come to think of it. But either I never uploaded them, or they got lost somewhere on the HDTP servers back when we were using an online system (you know, when there was more than 3 people working on it..)
tetracycloide
Thug

Post by tetracycloide »

It did seem oddly high def in my hand. I somehow convinced myself that's what it always looked like though based on the one lying down in the world looking like that. Maybe I should make an album of every item I come across and host it somewhere...

Speaking of encountering random items, the lab flask looks amazing. Also love the new scope and that scopes show on weapons when you add them. Does the GEP gun do that too? I'm wondering where it would be placed... I'll buy the super overpriced scope from Smuggler tonight just to find out I guess.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

ggrotz wrote:I don't know if you'd call it a bug (I'm leaning towards yes), but it's funny as hell. Paul has an aug which makes it so his chair doesn't roll away.
I finally managed a little time to finish Hong Kong. Paul was seated normally at Tong's lab.
revel911
Thug

Post by revel911 »

Is this the silent weapon or the hand issue people were talking about?

Or neither?

http://tinypic.com/r/25aj9zl/6
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

revel911 wrote:Is this the silent weapon or the hand issue people were talking about?

Or neither?

http://tinypic.com/r/25aj9zl/6
That's the 10MM pistol, the issue which has been fixed was with the stealth pistol. You'll get that (the pistol not the issue :P ) a bit later in the game. It could be the slightly darker hand that we noticed unless you're not playing JC as a white dude.
SyntaxError
Thug

Post by SyntaxError »

I might be mistaken, but from the image revel uploaded it doesn't look like a slightly darker hand, but rather like the hand texture shows up in front of the pistol for him. :-k
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

SyntaxError wrote:I might be mistaken, but from the image revel uploaded it doesn't look like a slightly darker hand, but rather like the hand texture shows up in front of the pistol for him. :-k
That square with the hand models? That was put up by DDL to show us which hands are available for the different races that are chosen. That doesn't occur in the game.

I just started a new game to check, it doesn't happen. Maybe revel did a little editing for a reference?
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

bobby 55 wrote: That square with the hand models? That was put up by DDL to show us which hands are available for the different races that are chosen. That doesn't occur in the game.
Revel was posting a bug where the hand texture seems to have been displayed instead of the muzzle flash texture.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

DaveW wrote:
bobby 55 wrote: That square with the hand models? That was put up by DDL to show us which hands are available for the different races that are chosen. That doesn't occur in the game.
Revel was posting a bug where the hand texture seems to have been displayed instead of the muzzle flash texture.
Well it didn't happen to me before and I just tried it again with a different JC and it's still not happening...that's after firing 5 or 6 rounds both times. Maybe it's a first playthrough thing.
revel911
Thug

Post by revel911 »

DaveW wrote:
That is exactly what is happening. I have reinstalled from scratch twice with the same outcome. BTW, I have tried changing JC's color at all ....... just the white guy.

Making sure my order of install is correct (and yes, I am following the readme's for the file EXACTLY as requested.)

Deus Ex
Deus Ex 1.112 MP Patch

Running the game for the first time

HDTP Release 1
HDTP Beta
HDTP Beta HotFix
New Vision 1.0
Kentie Deus Ex Launcher
Kentie DX10
New Vision Hot Fix