Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: HDTP beta

Post by bobby 55 »

Aha! I bet it's the DirectX 10 renderer causing a glitch. I've got OpenGL.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
tetracycloide
Thug

Post by tetracycloide »

Just wanted to let the devs know the typos I mentioned were also in the original text. The Modern Terrorist's Handbook has quite a few. Enough to make me think it was intentional in the original. The texture has no typos that I can see. Not sure if you want to change the texture to match the text displayed, change the text displayed to match the texture, or tell me to ignore it and move on with my life. Here's some screens of the book pop-up texts I thought were bugs but actually match the originals. Also a couple of shots of the GEP gun with scope because I thought it looked neat.
revel911
Thug

Post by revel911 »

bobby 55 wrote:Aha! I bet it's the DirectX 10 renderer causing a glitch. I've got OpenGL.
Nope ... didn't fix it.

I will try again from scratch ... triple checking everything is deleted and get back with you what happens!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

revel911 wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:Aha! I bet it's the DirectX 10 renderer causing a glitch. I've got OpenGL.
Nope ... didn't fix it.

I will try again from scratch ... triple checking everything is deleted and get back with you what happens!
Yeah, I changed to the D3D renderer and it still didn't happen to me. *shrugs shoulders*
tetracycloide
Thug

Post by tetracycloide »

revel911 wrote:
Nope ... didn't fix it.

I had a few weird textures when I installed everything according to the readmes but forgot to check the right data directory boxes in the launcher.
revel911
Thug

Post by revel911 »

tetracycloide wrote:
revel911 wrote:
Nope ... didn't fix it.

I had a few weird textures when I installed everything according to the readmes but forgot to check the right data directory boxes in the launcher.
Talking about the boxes under settings, hdtp?

Or are their different boxes?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I think tetracycloide is referring to kentie's launcher. There's a Data Directory option there that when you open it up it has the names of installed mods. You choose which mods to activate and their load order.
tetracycloide
Thug

Post by tetracycloide »

Yes those are the ones I mean. The ones you get to by hitting the 'Data Directories' button on the launcher.

I'm not 100% sure what objects are supposed to have new models and textures and what objects are not. Is there somewhere I can check that? At any rate FYI the Medkit, BE Cell, Leather Sofa, and Comfy Chair don't have new models or textures. Not sure if intentional.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

If you've got some HDTP models, then any that are missing are missing intentionally.
tetracycloide
Thug

Post by tetracycloide »

Like the lockpick :P

Going forward I'll assume it's working as intended unless the world object doesn't match the in hand object I guess.
revel911
Thug

Post by revel911 »

tetracycloide wrote:Yes those are the ones I mean. The ones you get to by hitting the 'Data Directories' button on the launcher.

I'm not 100% sure what objects are supposed to have new models and textures and what objects are not. Is there somewhere I can check that? At any rate FYI the Medkit, BE Cell, Leather Sofa, and Comfy Chair don't have new models or textures. Not sure if intentional.
May I ask for a screen shot of that directory? I have kentie's loader up and I do not see anything like that.

Edit: I was using an older version of Kentie's which did fix the lack of a data directory ..... still didn't fix the weird hand issue though.
tetracycloide
Thug

Post by tetracycloide »

The guide at kentie.net has screen shots of what I'm talking about. The first one shows the Data Directories button, the third one from the top, and the third shot is of the Data Directories screen.

Beta Testing Results:
I believe the MJ12 issue was identified as relating to the sitting animation and I can confirm that's true. In addition I got the same Critical: UMesh::GetFrame error when I hit one with a prod. He proceeded to do the stunned by the prod dance but at least a frame or two as missing from the animation and he basically flashed on and off life a strobe light. A ladder in the background flashed on and off at the same time in case that makes a difference.

There's a noticeable gap between the MJ12 trooper's neck and his collar that's see through. It's most visible when viewing a body from crouched height across the face.

Saw some text artifacting when spamming log entries in the UI. I'm not sure this is related to HTDP though.

Screenshots of gap and text artifacting.
SyntaxError
Thug

Post by SyntaxError »

Just played a few minutes of the first map.
The NSF troopers seem to have a gap between their boots and the legs when you are 20-30 meters away.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

That hand issue doesn't just do that with the pistol, the assault gun on first person doesn't show up, but hands do and a couple other weapons have textures in wrong places. I loaded a save game and it happened with me, but it loaded SD models, not the HDTP ones.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

The problem with that pistol "handtex on muzzleflash" shot is that the pistol isn't HDTP. I have no idea why it isn't: are you using a mod-based subclass of weaponpistol?