Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Sirrus233
Mole Person

Re: HDTP beta

Post by Sirrus233 »

Made an account just to drop in and say thank you to DDL and DaveW and anyone else who was involved in getting HDTP and New Vision off the ground. You guys are inspiring!

Starting a new Deus Ex run with both mods installed, and will report any oddities I notice :)

Edit: I'm noticing the same thing that ggrotz noticed earlier, where all NPCs in holograms appear to be wearing white glasses. Full disclosure, I'm using Kentie's modified exe and Direct3D 10 renderer, but I don't think it's a rendering glitch, since the issue persists even after I switch the renderer over to standard Direct3D or OpenGL.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

DDL wrote:The problem with that pistol "handtex on muzzleflash" shot is that the pistol isn't HDTP. I have no idea why it isn't: are you using a mod-based subclass of weaponpistol?
Anyone who only has HDTP installed getting any of these issues? I've only got HDTP (no other mods) and none of those things are happening to me. No muzzle flash glitch. No gaps between bums and seats or feet and ground. No "white glasses" with holograms.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Anyone notice this? Was talking to Joe Green in the bar (the mission where you have to send the signal for Paul) and this happened, but JC did return to normal after the conversation ended. Using DX10 render:
The attachment jcerror.jpg is no longer available
Also since it would take me too long to post in the right place, anyone else having trouble posting or checking posts on this site? I keep getting "Page cannot be displayed" and took me a while to actually post this, tried on IE9 and Chrome.
Attachments
JC No Glasses Mess Up
JC No Glasses Mess Up
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yeah, the site's having an heart attack today. Either you can't reach it for several minutes, or as what just happened: Logged in then couldn't get to the boards from there.... until now.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Btw, what happened to that Fire Extinguisher that was in TNM? :P
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
tetracycloide
Thug

Post by tetracycloide »

I'm getting the white goggles effect on holograms with only HDTP installed but only on the vanilla models after I've turned the HDTP models off through the in-game menu.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

tetracycloide wrote:I'm getting the white goggles effect on holograms with only HDTP installed but only on the vanilla models after I've turned the HDTP models off through the in-game menu.
Cheers, after work this afternoon I'll turn off the HDTP models and have a look. I'm about to board the super tanker and there's a hologram from Simons there. *In the game...not at work*. :P
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Weird thing I just noticed: the gun shooting sound occurs when you launch a grenade out of the assault rifle. Can't say if it happened in vanilla DX, but with the way the sounds are now in HDTP it's pretty hard not to notice. In any event, it doesn't seem right.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I can confirm the Assault Rifle playing the .762mm firing sound when launching the 20mm... mine had a silencer. I turned off the HDTP models just before playing the hologram on the supertanker and got the "white glasses".
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

I started ZODIAC and got this right out of the gate. Probably something with that itself, but a spectacular and interesting thing nonetheless. Turn off HDTP for both Paul and JC and you get...JC Denton. I guess a lot of it is whatever Tack did to the character to try to make it look like Paul Denton. When JC shows up later it'll be interesting to see how that looks.
Attachments
What I call hockey mask JC...how "Paul Denton" looks in ZODIAC.
What I call hockey mask JC...how "Paul Denton" looks in ZODIAC.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

I got more or less the same in DXN except that when I disabled JC, the player character looked fine and as he should have... unless I reactivated HDTP JC in the middle and he turned into some kind of a weird hybrid-type. Fun!
tetracycloide
Thug

Post by tetracycloide »

There's some odd movement in a part of Walton Simon's collar when he talks. When the mouth is in certain positions a chunk of the collar gets displaced. You can see the differences in the two comparison screen shots but it's way easier to see in motion.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

tetracycloide wrote:There's some odd movement in a part of Walton Simon's collar when he talks. When the mouth is in certain positions a chunk of the collar gets displaced. You can see the differences in the two comparison screen shots but it's way easier to see in motion.
I noticed his head is at a slight angle when he talks (or at least I think its a slight angle), looks a bit odd to me.
HDTP Walton
HDTP Walton
One more thing, not an issue, but looking at the new HDTP Dragon's Tooth Sword (just got it on new playthrough with HDTP), its ambient light is a little darker than the original on first person. I preferred the light given off by the original first person nano sword because if I didn't have any bioenergy left, the sword made up for the no light aug. It looks good though. And hate to sound picky, but I liked the swing of the original nano sword rather than the short hammer like hits of the new one, made it seem more deadly when swung, but mostly fine.

Love the sword though with the dragon on it!
Last edited by Morpheus on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

I finished with ZODIAC, a few more things:
Attachments
I'm noticing new items, mostly, but an occasional appearance of old items.  Note this is the old computer terminal and old phone.  Don't know why, precisely, but interesting enough to mention.
I'm noticing new items, mostly, but an occasional appearance of old items. Note this is the old computer terminal and old phone. Don't know why, precisely, but interesting enough to mention.
JC Denton's guest appearance worked well, I guess?
JC Denton's guest appearance worked well, I guess?
So did Paul's appearance in the last cutscene.  Noticed as well when I died that I got the old Paul Denton skin on the body.  Hope all this helps nail down why I'm getting Mr. Black Hockey Mask otherwise.
So did Paul's appearance in the last cutscene. Noticed as well when I died that I got the old Paul Denton skin on the body. Hope all this helps nail down why I'm getting Mr. Black Hockey Mask otherwise.
Zephyrphym
Mole Person

Post by Zephyrphym »

Yeah, so, I'm a bit confuzzled. I've clicked on your mediafire link and up popped the page, but it just isn't working for me. Got any alternate download links? Cause I really wanna give this a try.