Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: HDTP beta

Post by DDL »

In a word, no. That would require re-rigging the entire model and reanimating it. +o(

I could try shifting the texture up a pixel or two though.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

DDL wrote:
Anyway, thanks for the screenshots, they definitely help. :)
:smile: thanks for HDTP.

made edits to my previous post.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Only one other thing, can this be fixed for widescreen resolutions? Was using Kenties launcher (1600x900) with OTP UI Scaling fix. The position of the weapon be changed via coding so you don't see the missing back end of it on first person on widescreen, but my coding is lousy since I haven't really tried so not sure how to do that.
Widescreen weapons
Widescreen weapons
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
DDL

Post by DDL »

...but then you presumably run into the same issue you had with the assault gun, where the "barrel" isn't pointing correctly toward the centre of the screen.

Also, it'd be a reasonable amount of coding, and horrible context-specific coding at that. :-/
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

EDit: :cry:
Morpheus wrote:Only one other thing, can this be fixed for widescreen resolutions? Was using Kenties launcher (1600x900) with OTP UI Scaling fix. The position of the weapon be changed via coding so you don't see the missing back end of it on first person on widescreen, but my coding is lousy since I haven't really tried so not sure how to do that.
Yes I am using Kenties too btw DDL. So maybe that is the cause of the majority of my problems. Resolution makes the new larger scope view the same smaller view as vanilla scope view. Playing in windowed= Large scope view. Full screen= Small scope view. I have resolution similar to morpheus but UI scaling is default. I'll post screenshots again if needed.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
tetracycloide
Thug

Post by tetracycloide »

So the floating rat thing, the widesreen holes in weapons, and the scope/binocular scaling were all definitely pre-existing. The scope and binocular scaling are tied into the UI scaling somehow. If it's on default you get giant low-res UI elements but you get the correct large scope and binoculars. If it's scaled you get the tiny ones because they scale too. The last time I did a Deus Ex run I had a specific mod to fix this issue but this time I elected to toggle all of the UI off from the start and just leave it on the default. If you've never played that way before I'd give it a try. So far the only annoyance has been the lack of a visible O2 meter but you can toggle individual UI elements with keyboard shortcuts anyway so if you really miss having something you can turn it back on.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

DDL wrote:...but then you presumably run into the same issue you had with the assault gun, where the "barrel" isn't pointing correctly toward the centre of the screen.

Also, it'd be a reasonable amount of coding, and horrible context-specific coding at that. :-/
Since most people are going to be playing at 16:9 - would it make sense (assuming it wouldn't be a pain in the ass at this point) to adjust it for that? I doubt there are going to be many people playing at 16:10, and practically no one at 4:3.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Lol, I am getting floating cats too.
DaveW wrote:
Since most people are going to be playing at 16:9 - would it make sense (assuming it wouldn't be a pain in the ass at this point) to adjust it for that? I doubt there are going to be many people playing at 16:10, and practically no one at 4:3.
Actually, at 16:10 you dont get the problems with the invisible parts of the LAW & Assualt Shotgun.
With the nicer scaled hud all the writing is too small to read (got it hooked up to my tv). Guess i'll have to play like a normal person with my face right in front of the screen and keyboard n mouse.

Btw on the Nicolette model her hands disappear into her skirt when sitting down in the club.
I also had a conversation with her through a solid wall (the wine cellar secret door), vanilla behaviour though, just thought i'd share.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Hrmm..well, I checked the rotation on the assaultgun, and it was indeed too high. However, if you bring it in line with the original model, it's now considerably lower than the crosshair...and bear in mind that the HDTP model is actually a lot bulkier than the original: the barrel is higher naturally. If you look at the extrapolation of the barrel/crosshair for the original assaultgun model, it's stupidly low.

...hrmm, and if I raise it to an 'appropriate' level, it takes up fucktons of screen real-estate. Like..gepgun levels of view-blocking.

I'm going to try leaving it at the level it is, but rotating it less, so it's still pointing slightly more upward than the original but by doing so is also not blocking the entire fucking screen.

...yeah, that looks ok to me.

Napalm Cannister fixed, prod moved up slightly. Laser on the pistol is being trickier, but see what you think.

Uploading as we speak: I've just stuck it in the hotfix link, which is now

LINK REMOVED

apparently. I'll update the first post to reflect this.

EDIT: hrmm..apparently depending on which computer I used to test that link it's either A-OK or "blocked for ToS violations".

Let me know what the rest of you get, and failing that maybe we'll have to look for hosting elsewhere.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Violation of ToS.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Cybernetic pig wrote:Violation of ToS.
Maybe it's a verification thing like ModDB? I'll try it again a bit later.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Violation here as well.

May I suggest Google Drive? It's excellent for speed and storage.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Googledrive looks good. Uploading as we speak.

Removed

Use links on first page of thread.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Perfect.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Grabbed it. Holy Crap! Chrome downloaded it in a heart beat, I'm converted.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional