Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Morpheus
X-51

Re: HDTP beta

Post by Morpheus »

:lol:

Anyone else think Holocomm HDTP Paul on DirectX mode looks a bit creepy? (Was using DirectX 10)
Paul HDTP DirectX
Paul HDTP DirectX
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Morpheus wrote:Anyone else think Holocomm HDTP Paul on DirectX mode looks a bit creepy? (Was using DirectX 10)
No more creepier than holocomm JC.

Some more HDTP stuff in TNM pictures for...whoever.
Attachments
In Despot's dungeon.  The planking craze hits TNM, though I can't really see what they are planking ON.
In Despot's dungeon. The planking craze hits TNM, though I can't really see what they are planking ON.
The aug case in the DXE level.  A large number of boxes are smaller now than they were.
The aug case in the DXE level. A large number of boxes are smaller now than they were.
hdtptnm04.jpg (15.52 KiB) Viewed 6714 times
Another example of the wrong skin for a stock character - these are relatively common in TNM.  This is the receptionist in the WCID wing.  I guess Scara has a naughty nurse fetish?
Another example of the wrong skin for a stock character - these are relatively common in TNM. This is the receptionist in the WCID wing. I guess Scara has a naughty nurse fetish?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

More.
Attachments
I've been seeing a lot of this in TNM.  Is this something to do with my settings or a bug somewhere?
I've been seeing a lot of this in TNM. Is this something to do with my settings or a bug somewhere?
rolatis
Thug

Post by rolatis »

are there going to be more 'updated' npc models or are all the models that are intended to be updated already in the beta release?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

rolatis wrote:are there going to be more 'updated' npc models or are all the models that are intended to be updated already in the beta release?
I believe that the models in the beta are what we'll see in the final release.

All the weirdness with HDTP is with the mods that haven't been "updated" to work with it yet. It seems to work pretty well with vanilla DX except for a couple of issues.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Or it could be because HDTP is ignoring the skins on the pawns. ^^
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Or it could be because HDTP is ignoring the skins on the pawns. ^^
I'm absolutely sure you'd know more about that kinda stuff than me. :lol:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Ok, back from Malaysia (it's lovely, you should visit. Also, HOT).

I should note (based on what I've been reading here) that I have made no deliberate effort thus far to ensure downstream compatibility with Zodiac etc. The JC player skins I now see can equally accept deusexplayer or JCDentonmale as valid criteria, so (assuming Steve Tack made Zodiac's playerclass a subclass of deusexplayer and not JCdentonmale) if I change that to only accept JCDentonmale that should at least make zodiac stick with the original model/textures. I've not got the zodiac code handy, but I could check to see how he did it. Some things may not be possible to fix without recoding zodiac -for instance, the computers that are not HDTP are no doubt zodiacComputerpersonals or whatever (yes, you have to make your own computerpersonal classes to use different UIscreen logos, because they fucking enum'd that), so they don't look like HDTP computers because they're not actually DeusEx computers.

The handstex on the C4 screen is probably because Steve made C4 a subclass of LAM, which uses that skinswitching code I wrote to use the correct skin texture for playerskin: presumably the multiskin that is 'hands' on HDTP weaponLAM is 'Screen' on weaponC4.

The holograms thing is interesting though, I'll have to investigate that one. I know that some renderers in the good ol' days used to have this issue anyway, but from the sounds of things it IS an HDTP-specific issue.
Is it "all models" that have visible glasses, or just those that have HDTP equivalents, but that are not using them?

I can think of absolutely no reason why things like nurses and so on should be cropping up in TNM, though: nothing I changed should result in that.

Also, nanosword has exactly the same light properties as the original.

Seriously people: I've changed essentially no gamecode, I even almost succeeded in not adding and new classes, but then I had to make that menu (Also, the flames for the flares. Do the flares look nice to people?).

About the only gamecode changes I can think of that I made were

-'fixing' the bug where adding a scope removed the wonderful pinpoint accuracy of the laser (yeah, it's a debatable point, but it really was a bit stupid)
-adding a subfunction to make turning cheats on and off easier: you don't need to type "set human bCheatsenabled true" or whatever, now, you can just type "cheat".
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Welcome back
No more creepier than holocomm JC.
Actually without glasses, I believe Paul is, especially as you can see his eyes easily.

Also, nanosword has exactly the same light properties as the original.
Your right, just didn't play through enough using it but realized.
Is it "all models" that have visible glasses, or just those that have HDTP equivalents, but that are not using them?
Bob Page, Gary Savage and tracer Tong has it too which are not HDTP and if you look at my Paul hologram shot, it appeared fine. Its the DirectX render showing the PinkMaskTex as white and translucent when an NPC is set to STY_Translucent.
Do the flares look nice to people?
Never used them before, but did on my last playthrough, much improved, never liked the old ones at all.
Last edited by Morpheus on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DDL wrote: I should note (based on what I've been reading here) that I have made no deliberate effort thus far to ensure downstream compatibility with Zodiac etc.
Not a problem. If anything what I've been posting can be taken as an awareness thing if anything else. But I know, too, that a programmer can go into something to modify something, then mindlessly "clean up" some code not knowing that it needed to be a certain way, and then producing bugs because of it. Happened to me in the past a few times. But I do realize it's hard to tell if something is because of HDTP or if it's because the mod did something non-standard. While Redsun does the same thing with the player character as ZODIAC, there wasn't any major show-stoppers with those mods that cropped up in HDTP that weren't already there beforehand (though if DaveW proceeds with his Redsun plans it wouldn't hurt to fix the major bugs that DO exist in Redsun 2020 proper). So if someone has to live with "hockey-mask JC" in order to play those with HDTP, that's fine. Anyway, I hope what I've been posting can be taken in that light - please use your discretion.
I know I'm glad to receive the fruits of the efforts you have made so far.
DDL wrote: Is it "all models" that have visible glasses, or just those that have HDTP equivalents, but that are not using them?
All Non-HDTP models have them.
DDL wrote: I can think of absolutely no reason why things like nurses and so on should be cropping up in TNM, though: nothing I changed should result in that.
It's probably a TNM issue. There's enough that's "off" in 1.04+ with HDTP now that I see why Jonas wants to do a 1.05 patch.
DDL wrote: Do the flares look nice to people?
Much improved.
tetracycloide
Thug

Post by tetracycloide »

DDL wrote: (Also, the flames for the flares. Do the flares look nice to people?)
Yes, dear science yes they're beautiful.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

More pics (and I realize most of this is probably TNM's doing):

(I'm done with TNM, 2027 is next but since there's little HDTP oriented in there anyway I'll probably find nothing)
Attachments
Not pointing out HDTP bugs but noticing something.  This is the office next to Ryan's on the ABI "main offices" map.  HDTP concept graphics for both Paul and Nicolette?
Not pointing out HDTP bugs but noticing something. This is the office next to Ryan's on the ABI "main offices" map. HDTP concept graphics for both Paul and Nicolette?
hdtptnm08.jpg (17.45 KiB) Viewed 6564 times
This is a stock mini-crossbow with no enhancements whatsoever (TNM).  The stealth pistol does this as well.
This is a stock mini-crossbow with no enhancements whatsoever (TNM). The stealth pistol does this as well.
hdtptnm07.jpg (12.54 KiB) Viewed 6564 times
DDL

Post by DDL »

Update: ok, so a little doublechecking and I have to hold my hands up and say "ok yes, maybe some of the things I did for HDTP are making random nurses appear in TNM".

Seems that despite including a variable to ensure that HDTPification/deHDTPification only is applied to those cases where it's valid, I forgot to actually check that variable, because I'm an idiot.

This means that every time it checks for HDTP NPC settings (which it does on level startup, for instance) everyone who DOESN'T need to be HDTP handled gets treated as if they're being "reset": reset to their default meshes and textures.

So if you've added Nurse actors and reskinned them in-editor, they'll return to being....default nurse textured.

This also explains why the fucking bots weren't being chinese-ified.

Needless to say, this is now fixed. Le sigh. May upload the latest package version later if I get time.
TheUnbeholden
NSF

Post by TheUnbeholden »

It's alright. We all make mistakes... just make sure it doesn't happen again or your fired. jk :D

Actually on second thought, make all the females wear nurse outfits. And turn manderly into a gimp.
"Blood is a Passion"
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

DDL wrote:This means that every time it checks for HDTP NPC settings (which it does on level startup, for instance) everyone who DOESN'T need to be HDTP handled gets treated as if they're being "reset": reset to their default meshes and textures.

So if you've added Nurse actors and reskinned them in-editor, they'll return to being....default nurse textured.
YES! Thank you! :D
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.