Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
ggrotz
X-51

Re: HDTP beta

Post by ggrotz »

Zephyrphym wrote:Yeah, so, I'm a bit confuzzled. I've clicked on your mediafire link and up popped the page, but it just isn't working for me. Got any alternate download links? Cause I really wanna give this a try.
Click on the Mediafire link. There should be three ZIP files that come up. When you click on one of those, it should come to a download link, which should let you get the file. You need to get all three of them.
Zephyrphym
Mole Person

Post by Zephyrphym »

My apologies. I wasn't clear. I can follow the link, but nothing is showing up on mediafire. It either doesn't fully load the folder contents, or when it does, nothing shows. I've tried on two separate computers. Just doesn't seem to like me, thus my asking for an alternate download link. I'll keep trying however. Problem has to be on my end somehow, seeing as others were able to get it to work.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

bobby 55 wrote:I can confirm the Assault Rifle playing the .762mm firing sound when launching the 20mm... mine had a silencer. I turned off the HDTP models just before playing the hologram on the supertanker and got the "white glasses".
If you mean the HDTP one, not a SD rifle messed up by HDTP, it seems fine on my end, just got some 20mm and tried it and I get the right sound, not the 7.62mm sound.

Before I mentioned turrets firing slower, I think it was because I was using ballistic armor and it did less damage and maybe it wasn't firing slower. However, I didn't check on editor as I have not had much free time to do so, but has the dragon's tooth been changed besides the mesh? I am at the Versalife Level 2 labs (the enterance from the Canal Road Tunnel) and was always able to use the sword to hit the doors (the ones that all open with the one keypad) but hitting them didn't do anything this time with the HDTP sword, even with low tech weapons on trained.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I had the HDTP models, except for MJ12, turned on. I'm still on the supertanker so I'll use the rifle at the next weld point to check. It certainly looked like the HDTP model when I had it in use. I'll organize a screen after work.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

I kind of get both the silenced 7.62mm sound and the 20mm sound.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Playing Redsun2020, noticing the same things as noted in the ZODIAC game. Lots of old computer terminals lying around.
dudemack
Mole Person

Post by dudemack »

I was wondering if anyone else had trouble in the secret MJ12 lab under the UNATCO headquarters. I have New Vision and Kentie's Direct X 10 renderer with the HDTP beta. If I have the MJ12 texture on, the game freezes for certain MJ12 soldiers. I'm not sure what the difference is between some of them.

Like at the beginning when you come out of the cell and if you see the trooper the game stops accepting any input. Some things continue running but you can't do anything. If I shut off the MJ12 texture but leave everything else running, it runs fine after so that I can see and take out that guard in the detention center. Then I can re-enable the texture and it runs ok until I reach the soldier sitting at the computer terminal on the second floor of the room with all the bots. It will run right up until I see that soldier then freeze again. So I disable the texture and take him out and can re-enable it again. I've only run from the detention center to the bot part and retrieved all my weapons. Other than those two soldiers the others didn't cause any trouble.

Anyways, great work on the whole package. It is really great to see the game with new textures from HDTP and New Vision. Thanks.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yeah, the game can freeze with the MJ12 option on. I think the guys have discovered an animation issue with MJ12 troopers when they're seated or about to. If you uncheck the MJ12 option it doesn't happen.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

bobby 55 wrote:Yeah, the game can freeze with the MJ12 option on. I think the guys have discovered an animation issue with MJ12 troopers when they're seated or about to. If you uncheck the MJ12 option it doesn't happen.
Yes this happens because the HDTP animation for a seated MJ12 trooper is buggy. I suggest, dudemack, that you just leave that option off. There's several instances where the MJ12 troopers are seated otherwise, and it might not be easy to think of all of them beforehand to be able to shut off the option until you kill them.
dudemack
Mole Person

Post by dudemack »

I'm glad
ggrotz wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:Yeah, the game can freeze with the MJ12 option on. I think the guys have discovered an animation issue with MJ12 troopers when they're seated or about to. If you uncheck the MJ12 option it doesn't happen.
Yes this happens because the HDTP animation for a seated MJ12 trooper is buggy. I suggest, dudemack, that you just leave that option off. There's several instances where the MJ12 troopers are seated otherwise, and it might not be easy to think of all of them beforehand to be able to shut off the option until you kill them.

Thanks, I'm glad it isn't just happening to me.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:I kind of get both the silenced 7.62mm sound and the 20mm sound.
I just got that problem, seemed to only happen after I added the silencer to the assault gun and use 20mm ammo, but without it the sounds play as normal.
Think you also have to set "Global" to custom on HDTP settings. I didn't but had MJ12 off and still got errors.
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Playing more though the game, got as far as Area 51 Bunker and did kill Walton Simons before now and just got to fight him and just noticed this, but does anyone else think the running animation on the new HDTP Walton seems slightly odd when running away (not with a weapon in hand)?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

I'm sure it's already being addressed somewhere, but this is probably the first major error in TNM that I would probably chalk up to something in HDTP explicitly. Meet "Whoever", the snack cart vendor: I also found a screen shot I overlooked when I was cleaning up my Deus Ex files from ZODIAC.
Attachments
Weird...this is a C-4 in ZODIAC, running the HDTP beta.
Weird...this is a C-4 in ZODIAC, running the HDTP beta.
"Whoever" the snack cart vendor looks an awful lot like the Paris nightclub owner.
"Whoever" the snack cart vendor looks an awful lot like the Paris nightclub owner.
GregP
Mole Person

Post by GregP »

Y|yukichigai wrote:Wellllllll I GUESS I'll update Shifter then.
YES! Please! This is why some of the textures in the new HDTP beta package aren't showing up in-game when I use Shifter 1.8.4, right?
i5-2500K @ 4.8 GHz / Asus P8P67 Pro / 8GB DDR3-1600 / 2x7970 3GB / Audigy X-Fi / Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Paul1290
NSF

Post by Paul1290 »

JC: "I've finished inspecting the women's restroom sir!"
Walton: "WTF MAN!"

OR

JC: "Sir, there appears to be a blue squid eating your face!"
Walton: "..."

OR

Walton (silently thinking): "Goddammit! Why does he still get to look handsome while my face turned out like this???!!!"

Ok I'll stop. :lol: