Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
CitizenZero
Thug

Next Release?

Post by CitizenZero »

Hey, just wondering when the next HDTP release is going to happen? I saw on the main page that the Phase 2 Deco is finished and has been for a while, or are you planning on releasing the entire texture pack as a single file near the end of the year?
metche_steele
Illuminati

Re: Next Release?

Post by metche_steele »

CitizenZero wrote:Hey, just wondering when the next HDTP release is going to happen? I saw on the main page that the Phase 2 Deco is finished and has been for a while, or are you planning on releasing the entire texture pack as a single file near the end of the year?
Atm the next package released will be the weapons. The situation is that all the models are finished but theres all the texture work thats left. Our poor texture artists have been hanging on for months waiting for new uvmaps to tex up. Now that we have them, obviously, they have left and moved on from the team. We need texture artists!!!!

Sods law really :)
ctishman
Mole Person

Post by ctishman »

Well, damn. I wish I knew how to texture. I'm a digital arts major, you'd think I could figure it out. is there a guide to texturing out there somewhere?
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

ctishman wrote:Well, damn. I wish I knew how to texture. I'm a digital arts major, you'd think I could figure it out. is there a guide to texturing out there somewhere?
Oh god, the delicious irony xD
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Texturing = Digital Arts. They are the same thing except you have to work with a UV map instead of using a grid - they are much similar. You should seriously consider joining as it'll fill your portfolio up with a lot of nice 3D images. I'm guessing you work in 2D right? So this will be second nature - plus those Video Game industry guys drool over this stuff :D

So yeah get involved cause it does help with your reputation as an artist. Deus Ex is practically a holy relic to the industry and it'll get you a lot of attention.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:Deus Ex is practically a holy relic
XD Brilliant way of describing it.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Well every game that wins GOTY seems to earn Holy Relic status in the industry and thats why if you ever get to mod a GOTY game or remake one it'll look hella good in a portfolio.

Now let us burn those Half Life 2 Infidels... GOD WILLS IT!
Shodan
Thug

Post by Shodan »

Why don't you release some of the completed phases while you wait for the others to be finished?
r00tb33r
MJ12

Post by r00tb33r »

Half Life 2 Infidels... GOD WILLS IT!
You know... I was much that way when it came out... I absolutely hated HL 1.
And it wasn't the visuals that attracted me. Actually I played them out of order, where I started playing EP1 before the original. I was shocked by the level of detail and actor and character quality. I liked it exactly for the same reason I like Deus Ex.
The two are quite similar once you get into it... And don't tell me about mute Gordon, if he would talk then some of the neat moments would have been gone from the game, like interaction with Alyx.
I kinda hate how everybody picks on the stuck elevator in the very beginning... Its actually no problem if you hurry your ass up like you supposed to (just pretend for a moment that you are actually chased by combine).
Anyway I'm just a sucker for quality...
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Post by Andrievskaya Veronika »

I still think this release is last. I have many reasons for this...
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

The next release will be our final release and will contain all objects/items/weapons.

We are not sure if we will ever release the characters we did because no one can animate them. Sound simple? Far from it - there is a major issue in animating in DX1. It's crap ;)
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

We might have to save them for DX:R if you can't get them done. But I have confidence that you'll find someone to do the animating.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:We might have to save them for DX:R if you can't get them done. But I have confidence that you'll find someone to do the animating.
Since this project there was only 1 other guys aside from Phas who could have done it but even he couldnt understand it and he is a prof animator. So i would say it looks slim tbh.
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

Damn, damn, damn... Has anybody considered to contact one of the original DX-animators in order to gain at least some hints? And where's Steve Tack these days? Has anybody yet asked in the DXAlpha-forums? There must be a way, damn...
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Unless you can find an animator that can work in Unreal1 technology I doubt we'll see the characters working. I'm not too worried however because I think Reborn is far more important now (though it always was important) as it'll lift all the problems the team has had with HDTP so far.

Lets hope that day isn't too far away :(