Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
SwissArmyBlade
Mole Person

Status update?

Post by SwissArmyBlade »

I've been following this project off and on for a looong time, and it looks like you guys have made some exciting progress.

So today, after not having checked the site for 6 months, I noticed the news update posted in June about what needed to be completed, and the need to find an animator(s). So close, nice!

Were you guys able to find an animator since then? How are things coming along in general? Have you guys lost some of your momentum or is it still going strong?

It's been a while since I've actively followed this project, so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how things are coming. :)

Keep up the good work!
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

The way things are, we're going to wrap up what we've got and release HDTP as-is around the end of this year/the beginning of next year. Interest has waned all-around, and for sake of completion, the aforementioned deadline was set.
Taskeen
Thug

Post by Taskeen »

Will the character models be in or scrapped? I hope they can be made available :(.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Gunther was completed. The other character textures and models were completed, but animating them was too much work in DX.exe and dragging the rest of the project down.

Animating is FAR easier in UT2004. The hope is that HDTP's models/textures will be animated for DXR (http://dxr.deusexgaming.com/) by the HDTP team post-DXR release, by DXR members, or a project that has not yet been created. IIRC HDTP has comitted to releasing the work that was done, even if incomplete, so that others can complete it.
CryptoQuick
Thug

Post by CryptoQuick »

Heh, well, you guys gave it a good effort there, an admirable one, even, and thanks to the ever-diligent modding community, we'll eventually get there. This new HDTP release is definitely something to look forward to, not just for the in-game benefits, but for the modding community as well.
deusexmachone
Mole Person

Post by deusexmachone »

so you guys are telling us that once again after waiting all this time, the mod will not be done? why even start if you cant finish it? i just re bought the game because i came across this site and thought i will be able to replay it in hi-def...

even if the characters cant be done, can you at least finish the environments? this is such a pain to see the best MOD idea for DX to go down the drain.

ps.... I got no experience whatsoever but if i can contribute somehow do tell me.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

HDTP made no guarantees. Your investment in Deus Ex is your choice, though I don't know why you'd buy it a second time.

HDTP is being released. They're skipping characters like Denton, Simons, DuClaire etc because they're hell to animate in Deus Ex's modified UT engine. It'll be done later. Everything else is being completed and released.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

WOW you spent a whole $5! Um btw, no where on the website does it say "Released".. You bitching accomplishes nothing.. you'll have the mod by early next year I suspect.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

deusexmachone wrote:even if the characters cant be done, can you at least finish the environments?
HDTP was never about the world textures (or environments or whatever you want to call it). There's another mod in the works for that, New Vision, the forums of which you can find further down the list on this very board. And NV is still going strong.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
deusexmachone
Mole Person

Post by deusexmachone »

im not complaining noobs i offered any assistance i can give if it means the project will keep on going. and it wasnt 5$ i bought it for 20 together with IW on steam.

so is this project dead or not ? im not trying to rush anyone i just heard no one is working on it.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

You've had a lot of replies in a short time. Most of them say the release will be soon once they finish. My reply was "Everything else is being completed and released", so there's an answer to you from the "noobs"

You can get hardcopy games this old for ~5$. Steam causes some issues with mods IIRC.

You're getting hostile replies because your post seemed hostile.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

And don't call me n00b since I've been hear over 2 years, mr 17 Dec 2007.. :P I don't appreciate it after all the hard work I've done for HDTP over that time. Rest assured the mod is going strong, Metche already said when she'd release it, I'm hoping its not too long though since DX:R will be going public in a Month so she'll have to have everything ready around then else its a bit wasteful of the PR frenzy that we could generate. (Snipa and Me will hopefully have some Full Level screenshots by then I hope :D) If we could pull that off I suspect people like Deusexmachone will STFU and stop being so skeptic towards us. Development takes time, HDTP has taken just over 6 years to get to its state right now and its no thanks to people like you who constantly say "This mod is dead"... they said that when Rebirth went down.. now look at how far its gone. (Rebirth was HDTP before it got its name)

However I would at least like Metche or Kale to post something in the news since it has been way way way too long since you've updated anything.. and also as much as I love being POTM for the last 6 months it might be a good idea to put someone else (new) up there for a change? don't you think :D. That aught to shut em up.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

deusexmachone wrote:im not complaining noobs i offered any assistance i can give if it means the project will keep on going.
Well I'm sure you can help, what we need most is a prat calling everyone on this forum noobs.

You're hired!
The Flash
Mole Person

Post by The Flash »

deusexmachone wrote:im not complaining noobs i offered any assistance i can give if it means the project will keep on going. and it wasnt 5$ i bought it for 20 together with IW on steam.

so is this project dead or not ? im not trying to rush anyone i just heard no one is working on it.
OMG someone tell the n00b that the Steam version may not work with the mod....wait!..they already did??

Whos da n00b? U R...

Show some respect for the people that have worked against many problems to finish this mod....jerk.
"Password's enough pal, don't think you know something about the lady I don't..."
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

O RLY? NO WAI!

are we 100% sure that the steam version doesn't support HDTP? I don't know since I don't own it.