Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Re: HDTP Beta, Shifter and New Vision

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Right now I don't really have the time right now to test and troubleshoot the Shifter issue (real life issues). Please try reverting to 1.8.4 and see if that works; cause if it does then I know it's a 1.9 error.

I might have time in a few weeks, but it would help to know if everything works correctly with Shifter 1.8.4.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Right now I don't really have the time right now to test and troubleshoot the Shifter issue (real life issues). Please try reverting to 1.8.4 and see if that works; cause if it does then I know it's a 1.9 error.

I might have time in a few weeks, but it would help to know if everything works correctly with Shifter 1.8.4.
Alright, reverting to shifter 1.8.4 WITHOUT biomod. Will inform you in the next few minutes.

EDIT: Tested and crashed again at gunther. :( Looks like i've gotta test it without shifter now.

EDIT2: Tested without shifter and crashed. Looks like you have got a problem with 1.3.1. Shifter isn't doing any of this. And with HDTP or NewVision i didn't crash when i tested (though may have been only a small amount of time.)

EDIT3: Testedm without revision shifter 1.8.4 and 1.9 and everything seems to work as it should. Looks like it's your thing. Maybe HDTP or the huge levels crash the engine when saving. It could be since i have 16 AA and 16x AF + all the settings at max. May crash the engine. However at gunther or at UNATCO there is no reason for it from the technical perspective of rendering. Who knows.

EDIT4: Based on my previous assumptions, i have lowered AA and a few things, transfered to UNATCO and no crashed with shifter and else so far. I have been saving ~2 minutes non-stop in a row. Seems that the problem was the graphics demand on the engine. And btw i have looked at the new unatco and i am BLOWN away. Simply incredible. I am amazed. More i am blown to bits. Incredible job keep continuing!!! :)
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

So when running without Shifter's files and without "Revision\Shifter" it works as it should in all cases?

The EDIT2 scenario should not work/crash since you can't have "Revision\Shifter" as a path and then run with vanilla/non-Shifter DeusEx.u.

You say the game crashes when saving near Gunther. Is that when he is in his cell in the statue?

If you play the game with Shifter 1.8.4 and it crashes when saving, could you please attach Revision.log (or possibly DeusEx.log, you have to look at the last modified date to figure out what file to send).
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:So when running without Shifter's files and without "Revision\Shifter" it works as it should in all cases?

The EDIT2 scenario should not work/crash since you can't have "Revision\Shifter" as a path and then run with vanilla/non-Shifter DeusEx.u.

You say the game crashes when saving near Gunther. Is that when he is in his cell in the statue?

If you play the game with Shifter 1.8.4 and it crashes when saving, could you please attach Revision.log (or possibly DeusEx.log, you have to look at the last modified date to figure out what file to send).
It ran ok without revision and with shifter. It crashed at gunther in his cell and in unatco telecom booth you saw on the video.
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:So when running without Shifter's files and without "Revision\Shifter" it works as it should in all cases?

Alright i started playing confident and 2 times in a row this happened: After i got out of the dock, i went left to some boxes. There were some planks. When i broke them the game IMMIDIATELY locked down my mouse and everything. After a while i got an error that i attached. Finally seeing some error logs.
Error.png
Error.png (8.58 KiB) Viewed 15612 times
Anyways just tantalused that bot and no crash there. I wonder if that was the only one...
athruntalan
Mole Person

Post by athruntalan »

DDL wrote:HDTP character options are config vars, stored in your HDTPUser.ini.

All the in-game menu does is let you alter your ini files from within the game, and they do this by calling console commands anyway: you can happily do the same by just writing your own console command, or even just do it manually, in notepad.

Just run HDTP once, open HDTPUser.ini and find "bHDTP_JC=". If you haven't fiddled with anything yet, it should be equal false.

Set bHDTP_All to 0 (-1 is none, 0 is custom, 1 is all), and then set the rest to true/false depending on your preferences. With MJ!2 to false, obviously. :/
Thanks for getting back to me DDL! I have no problems using the ini file to edit the active and inactive meshes (providing Shifter definitely pays attention, I can double check that easily enough).

I might be being dense, though...I've not had any luck finding an HDTPUser.ini - have checked my system folder, documents folder, and the HDTP folder. Closest I can find is in the system folder, an empty file called HDTP.ini. Am I missing something?
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

athruntalan wrote:
DDL wrote:HDTP character options are config vars, stored in your HDTPUser.ini.

All the in-game menu does is let you alter your ini files from within the game, and they do this by calling console commands anyway: you can happily do the same by just writing your own console command, or even just do it manually, in notepad.

Just run HDTP once, open HDTPUser.ini and find "bHDTP_JC=". If you haven't fiddled with anything yet, it should be equal false.

Set bHDTP_All to 0 (-1 is none, 0 is custom, 1 is all), and then set the rest to true/false depending on your preferences. With MJ!2 to false, obviously. :/
Thanks for getting back to me DDL! I have no problems using the ini file to edit the active and inactive meshes (providing Shifter definitely pays attention, I can double check that easily enough).

I might be being dense, though...I've not had any luck finding an HDTPUser.ini - have checked my system folder, documents folder, and the HDTP folder. Closest I can find is in the system folder, an empty file called HDTP.ini. Am I missing something?
Disable everything except HDTP. Then you can go to Main Menu and configure it there. Then turn on other mods :) Problem solved!
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

medzernik wrote: Alright i started playing confident and 2 times in a row this happened: After i got out of the dock, i went left to some boxes. There were some planks. When i broke them the game IMMIDIATELY locked down my mouse and everything. After a while i got an error that i attached. Finally seeing some error logs.
Error.png
Anyways just tantalused that bot and no crash there. I wonder if that was the only one...

Eeh, what?! You don't have the vanilla paths in that video. How is the game even able to run at all? :O Also I've never seen a CTD like that without an unreal error message before. I would need a copy of Revision.log just after a crash. It should be in either DeusEx\System or in My Documents\Deus Ex\System.

Also that error pic you attached seems to indicate that there is a pathing issue in the level. I will look into this, might be related to the CTD you had.

But yes, running with NV, HDTP and Revision on some levels are very taxing on the computer.
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:
medzernik wrote: Alright i started playing confident and 2 times in a row this happened: After i got out of the dock, i went left to some boxes. There were some planks. When i broke them the game IMMIDIATELY locked down my mouse and everything. After a while i got an error that i attached. Finally seeing some error logs.
Error.png

Eeh, what?! You don't have the vanilla paths in that video. How is the game even able to run at all? :O Also I've never seen a CTD like that without an unreal error message before. I would need a copy of Revision.log just after a crash. It should be in either DeusEx\System or in My Documents\Deus Ex\System.

Also that error pic you attached seems to indicate that there is a pathing issue in the level. I will look into this, might be related to the CTD you had.

But yes, running with NV, HDTP and Revision on some levels are very taxing on the computer.
Well whatever now it's running perfectly and i am enjoying the HELL out of deus ex ^^. Kenties exe can do wonders :)
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Oh never mind. Forgot that Kentie's doesn't show the vanilla paths. Anyway you should remove "New Vision\Maps" from that list if you are running with Revision, cause otherwise it's gonna fuck up things later. Or at least move it below Revision\Maps.
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Oh never mind. Forgot that Kentie's doesn't show the vanilla paths. Anyway you should remove "New Vision\Maps" from that list if you are running with Revision, cause otherwise it's gonna fuck up things later. Or at least move it below Revision\Maps.
Done. Thanks for the heads-up :)
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

No problem. So how did you solve the crash issue?
Y|yukichigai
UNATCO

Post by Y|yukichigai »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:That all depends upon if Shifter actually implements the ini config at all. It could just be loading any HDTP character mesh it finds regardless of checking the ini files. Haven't tried it myself, so don't know how that works.
It just loads all HDTP meshes, with a manual exclusion coded in for the MJ12 troopers. I may start getting fancy later, but for now at the state HDTP is in I think this should be enough.
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:No problem. So how did you solve the crash issue?
I lowered AA and few other things in preferences menu. By pure accident might i add. But it works and i am very VERY happy now! Hopefully i am slow enough so that when i go to paris the next revision is out ^^.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Y|yukichigai wrote:
It just loads all HDTP meshes, with a manual exclusion coded in for the MJ12 troopers. I may start getting fancy later, but for now at the state HDTP is in I think this should be enough.
Yeah, I figured it was something like that. ^^
medzernik wrote:
I lowered AA and few other things in preferences menu. By pure accident might i add. But it works and i am very VERY happy now! Hopefully i am slow enough so that when i go to paris the next revision is out ^^.
I see. I've really tried to optimize the maps all I can, but it's hard with outdoor maps. I still might have one or two cards up my sleeve though. But yeah, too high settings might just break the engine in some of the most demanding maps. The first Liberty Island is such a map due too that it is huge, outdoors and we've loaded it with loads of stuff.