Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
DanielH
Mole Person

What the hell?

Post by DanielH »

What's going on? When I last visited this forum, (and HDTP's site) There was loads left to do, and people were talking of not doing the characters, now Phasmatis is churning out character models & skins like a machine, the site's being redesigned and there's going to be a media release. Why are there new characters if they aren't going to be in the game and when's the new release?
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Stuff happened. I've heard that there will be character models in DX:R (dxr.deusexgaming.com) and Akerfeld (of DX:R fame) has created something to be able to import new characters in DX1 as well.

The site redesign seemed like metche has pressed the big red button labeled 'do not touch', but it has recovered.

Also I've heard that there might be another release this decade. So I'll hold my breath for just a little bit longer ;)

(oh yeah, I'm not a team member so none of this is official. Look for metche's last 30 posts or so for a lot of nuggets about what may or may not happen for real :D)
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
DanielH
Mole Person

Post by DanielH »

So there's hope for HDTP yet?
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Yes :)
Paul1290
NSF

Post by Paul1290 »

Apparently someone recently discovered a much faster and convenient way to animate the character models.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

1. we are going to gear up for a release very soon
2. Darren (Akerfeldt) has coded a program which AUTOMATES the animation process thus greatly decreasing development time
3. Both Alex and Phasmatis have completed their previous models/textures fot the characters are work is underway on the next batch of those.
4. I will be giving a full explaination in the next official media release.

Basically characters will now be included in the final HDTP download.

Cheers ;)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

*Cheers you on*

Weapons! Weapons! Weapons!
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
RAY16
Thug

Post by RAY16 »

metche_steele wrote:1. we are going to gear up for a release very soon
2. Darren (Akerfeldt) has coded a program which AUTOMATES the animation process thus greatly decreasing development time
3. Both Alex and Phasmatis have completed their previous models/textures fot the characters are work is underway on the next batch of those.
4. I will be giving a full explaination in the next official media release.

Basically characters will now be included in the final HDTP download.

Cheers ;)
Oh, wow. That's fantastic news. Cheers to Akerfeldt for that one! It would have been a shame if characters couldn't be included after how much work has been put into them.

I don't interact with the site or forum much, but I check both regularly and I'm still really looking forward to playing Deus Ex for the 30th time with some nice upgrades.

Cheers to everybody involved. :)
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

RAY16 you're a top bloke ;) I know personally you've been following us for years and for that I salute your patience sir ;)

Jonas - and weapons too ;)

And bots for the matter!
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

haha Ive been following this mod and TNM for at least 4 years now lol. That was back in college when I first heard about these mods, now im in 3rd year uni. Its crazy that this could be coming out soon. This is incredible. When it comes out I wont know what to do with myself. Probably play Deus Ex over an entire weekend or something. Its just been so long lol
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

It's a great thing to read about a forthcoming release. I have my eyes locked on few mods being produced for different games and HDTP is one of them.

I wish to thank all the people that sacrificed their free time and put lots of energy and effort to create all this.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Bots too? They could use a new texture, but I never really found the models appalling. Perhaps because I never checked them out up close ;)
Echelon VI
Mole Person

Post by Echelon VI »

Like many others I have been checking this site for years. It's great to hear that something is happening - I've been postponing my 20th playthrough of Deus Ex until HDTP is finally fully realeased :)
CaptainObvious
Thug

Post by CaptainObvious »

I actually never played DX through :lol: Always played up to 3/4 of the game and then quit for some reason, maybe ill make it through with HDTP!

And yeah it's really strange, for long it seemed like the project is dying a long painful death and now people are churning out new stuff like there's no tomorrow :)
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

EER wrote:Bots too? They could use a new texture, but I never really found the models appalling. Perhaps because I never checked them out up close ;)
I'd love to see a really hi-def military bot, with the same polycount as a main character. Not like they're all that common to reduce them to standard enemy level. :P