Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
ApeMan
Thug

Support

Post by ApeMan »

First off, hi to everyone here. It's a relief to see that a remastering attempt is still going. I still haven't found a game better than DX so here's hoping that you guys can pull this project off!
Although not posting on this forum, I know a great number of people who are looking forward to this mod.
Just a quick question, has anyone thought of making this project commercial in light of Ion Storm going down the pan? If it's not necessary, then great, but if it would ensure the prosperity of this mod it would be preferable.
Just a thought.

Post by Guest »

I was really hoping this mod wouldn not die but considering the time since the last update, i think they may have forgetten.

If you guys see this message please remember how important this would be to the DX community now that Ion Storm is gone.

I replayed DX recently and was reminded how brilliant this game was, a grahical update that brings it up to par with today's games would be brilliant!

C'Mon guys, loads of people have hopes for this mod.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

lol, relax. Jeez, 1 day and everybody thinks the mod is dead. They're still working on it, but unlike those PR-whores at TNM, the HDTP team cares more about making their deadlines than pimpin' their work.

As for your suggestion of making the mod commercial, that is just not possible. Everything done in and with Deus Ex is the property of Eidos, and if anybody even THINKS about making money off of anything they make for DX, Eidos will probably dispatch an army of lawyers.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I hate those tnm guys
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah man, they're the worst! It's like they think they own the Internet or something.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Agreed, it has been quiet, and I would like to see more assurances, though that wouldn't help the project itself. I was hoping to see the first phase next week. Of course people may be spending the holiday with their families, studying, or quietly working on the project.

Relax, it hasn't been long. I can't wait to see the progress either, but the least of what I want to be doing is bothering the people who are working for my benefit ;-). I'm optimistic :)