Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Video Editing & in game video capture

Post by metche_steele »

Does anyone have experience with above? If so - fancy helping me out ? ;)

Ta ducks!
M.
Placebo
MJ12

Post by Placebo »

I can only recommend prgram FRAPS for recording in-game video. I have none expirience, cause back then when I had tryed getting a full version of the program, I'd always get a demo...
Now I got it, but didn't try it...

As for editing, I made few AMV's but none to professional, amateur work driven by feelings.
ImageEvery morning, I meditate about love and peace... I stop after three seconds.
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

I know how to edit videos but I can't really help with convenient ways to capture ingame videos in fullscreen smoothly. I needed it once a few years ago but it was pretty annoying.

What exactly are you trying to do?
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Oh i'm happy with fraps (I could even purchase it if necessary) - I just need someone whose handy with Deus Ex - making video shots from a storyboard directive and editing it to make it look awesome.

I can take in game video and do some editing myself (I have premiere light) but it'd be nice to have an extra pair of hands and someone with the creative flair that I lack. It'd be a dual act :)

I've got some neat ideas for video to promote HDTP but I could do with an editing partner :D
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I could do that, I am about to study Digital Film Production at University and all :)
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

You're all awesome! You know that? I don't care how old this community is - were all going strong :D

I'm going to send Fox a storyboard at the weekend but i'll copy you in also Dave. Heck I guess an editing 3some wouldn't be a bad thing!

Thank you gents ;)
Necromanthus
Thug

Post by Necromanthus »

metche_steele wrote: I've got some neat ideas for video to promote HDTP but I could do with an editing partner :D
FRAPS is great, but you need a top machine (processor, Vcard, RAM and HDD) if you want great image quality and smooth movement.
If you need help for "in-game movie record" just let me know.
We have a few hardware "monsters" here (including the fastest quad-cores,
GTX 280, DDR3-1600 and SCSI HDDs)
:twisted:
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Arrrgg I loves you allz!

Ok - necromanthus, if you'd be so kind to PM me your email i'll copy you into the storyboard email also lol.

Trasher
UNATCO

Post by Trasher »

Fraps is a nice program but requires a lot of memory from your computer. I suggest that you record video using Xfire. They have just builded this option and I must say that it works better than FRAPS. I think it has more functions and it doesnt require as much memory as FRAPS does. Oh well these are the main video recording programs.. rest are quite crap.

You can get Xfire from: http://xfire.com
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I can also help with this if you need a... er, fifth? pair of hands. ;) I use Sony Vegas, and FRAPS frequently.
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

Maybe Camtasia Studio (5) is capable? Any experiences anyone?
Zeitgeist
UNATCO

Re: Video Editing & in game video capture

Post by Zeitgeist »

metche_steele wrote:Does anyone have experience with above? If so - fancy helping me out ? ;)

Ta ducks!
M.
OH OH ME ME!

I'm an editor capable of video capture and I've been looking for editing credits to add to my portfolio site. It would be awesome to help you guys out.
Fox Hound
Thug

Post by Fox Hound »

Hey Metche, pester Jonas to help you out. He (or if not him, one of the other TNM guys) has done some decent promo vids for the mod.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Don't pester me, if you need video capture, pester Larry - I have some sound card issues in relation to Fraps, so I can't get sound on my recordings. But anyway, it seems you're well set for help.

Which is good. Because frankly I have better things to spend my time on than compensate for your imcompetence.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Jonas wrote:imcompetence.
Like learning to spell? :P
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!