Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
metche_steele
Illuminati

Re: Metche Steel

Post by metche_steele »

Jonas wrote:*Coughs and points to the new forum rules above*
LOL now THAT is all kinds of awesome! Very nice :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You're welcome.

PR 101: When in doubt, lash out at your fans.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Rheimus
Thug

Post by Rheimus »

PR: 102 - When not in doubt but slightly seasick, massacre your entire fanbase with a broken CD case.
r00tb33r
MJ12

Post by r00tb33r »

Rheimus wrote:PR: 102 - When not in doubt but slightly seasick, massacre your entire fanbase with a broken CD case.
LOL
How about a short story in regards to that?
I got me a spindle of fresh DVD blanks, and decided to try out Vista's built-in burning function. It made a coaster of course, but what came after is the fun part. Normally I snap coasters in half and throw them in the trash basket. Well no luck this time. These are some sort of shatter proof ones, so even after I bent it in half, and made a nice crease in it, it still won't crack or snap. So no killing anyone with disc shards. Enter: jewel case.
Rheimus
Thug

Post by Rheimus »

Well you see, while crossing the ditch between the south and north islands on a rickety barge in the middle of a september storm all to get the latest patch of your awsome mod to the publishers, you tend to get a little seasick, and after hours of near death capsizes via seagull corpses being thrown against your boat you foolishly stand up and scream "curse you seagull killing fans" while shaking your fist in the air, which just happens to have the cd case in it.

Of course due to the nature of inevitability, your standing up not only capsizes the boat but also gets you zapped by lightning. About three weeks later your found floating among the wreckage of your once rickety and now utterly obliterated barge, however the cd case is nowhere to be found. You get to the port only to be stuck in customs seing as your passport has so much water damage that the picture resembles a burnt crayfish.

Meanwhile in the middle of the atlantic, a fishing boat (its always a damn fishing boat) picks up your cd case among a freash load of miniature swordsnails, the only recognisable thing on it is the first three letters of your mod and the authors name... Of course being incessent fans themselves, the fishermen decide to sell the broken case on e-bay. Unfortunatly they were found dead in their apartment a few days later and the cd case was missing.

What followed was a viciousa and bloody cult war over the supposed 'one of a kind unreleased content disc' ending in your entire fanbase killing each other off, down to the last woman, child and goldfish (the goldfish impailed itself on a plastic statue of Dr.Phil in shame for the human race). When you finally get home and flomp down on the couch, remarking on the fact that there were dead bodies all the way home, you decide that it might be prudent to log on and tell your fans that there would be no patch this month.

Apon logging into your trusty forums you see that there has been a 450 topic flame war along with an approximate 40,000 rise in the amount of fans you had due to the supposed connection to the cult war somewhere in south east Ireland, and the fact that your mod was banned by 4KiDs for having explicit scenes of seduction in the fourth level if you cheat your way past 3 infinitly locked doors and somehow manage to get past the CTD bug when the dialogue initiates.
eternalightwithin
NSF

Post by eternalightwithin »

. . . . #-o ](*,)
r00tb33r
MJ12

Post by r00tb33r »

eternalightwithin wrote:. . . . #-o ](*,)
](*,) #-o ](*,) #-o ](*,) #-o ](*,) #-o ](*,) #-o
#-o ](*,) #-o ](*,) #-o ](*,) #-o ](*,) #-o ](*,)
Rheimus
Thug

Post by Rheimus »

Well you did say you wanted a short story ;) Never said it had to make sense
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

I can UV unwrap a tree. I don't want to but I can. Trust me when I say Blender is the master awesome at that job.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Dead-eye wrote:I can UV unwrap a tree. I don't want to but I can. Trust me when I say Blender is the master awesome at that job.
I've already done trees.

And by done I mean used a tree generator program.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

DaveW wrote:
Dead-eye wrote:I can UV unwrap a tree. I don't want to but I can. Trust me when I say Blender is the master awesome at that job.
I've already done trees.

And by done I mean used a tree generator program.
Hi Dave!

Could you send me a couple of screen-shots please?

Ta duck!
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

They're on the file server - don't have any 3d programs at the moment as I'm in-between operating systems, but it's under deco.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

DaveW wrote:They're on the file server - don't have any 3d programs at the moment as I'm in-between operating systems, but it's under deco.
Ta duck! :)
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I thought Huddle was supposed to notify you when someone uploads something? I assumed people knew it was there! :P