Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
DaRkJaWs
Thug

Metche Steel

Post by DaRkJaWs »

WHERE IS HDTP DAMNIT. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG I'VE WAITED FOR THIS????????

I am the secret ultimate Deus Ex cult boy, and as a fan lurking in the backgrounds I can take it no longer. Though you owe me nor anyone else any favor, you have done an EXTREME disservice towards my psyche. How long do you expect me to last? By the time you have it out I'll be dead from overexerting myself in anticipation of HDTP's arrival.
EER
Illuminati

Re: Metche Steel

Post by EER »

Yeah, I actually deleted it. Years of work, gone.

Sorry.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
loony636
UNATCO

Post by loony636 »

I wonder if people who make these sort of comments realise how much the makers themselves have been working on the project, which requires infinitely more work than sitting in a chair pressing the F5 button waiting for updates.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Actually they haven't been working on the project in a year. I've had them all caged in my basement since winter 2008, contributing towards my plans for global domination of the computer game market.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

I'm seeing about getting the infernal thing - which is unfinished - packaged up over the weekend.

I have no more time to work on it unfortunately - real life and career got in the way :/

Genuinely really sorry about being ridiculously slow - I'm in total agreement it's taken far too long - but that's fan made mods for you :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

metche_steele wrote:but that's fan made mods for you :)
I beg to differ.

TNM has taken exactly as long as it needed to take. Not a day more or less ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Pointman
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Pointman »

metche_steele wrote:I have no more time to work on it unfortunately - real life and career got in the way :/
0.o
Real life?
What's that?
pretending to be absent
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Pointman wrote:
metche_steele wrote:I have no more time to work on it unfortunately - real life and career got in the way :/
0.o
Real life?
What's that?
It is the thing... similar to the thing... within the thing... of things... Live action video game.

[ADDED] That reminds me... Look here: http://www.moddb.com/forum/thread/the-m ... e/5#500290
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

DaRkJaWs wrote:WHERE IS HDTP DAMNIT. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG I'VE WAITED FOR THIS????????

I am the secret ultimate Deus Ex cult boy, and as a fan lurking in the backgrounds I can take it no longer. Though you owe me nor anyone else any favor, you have done an EXTREME disservice towards my psyche. How long do you expect me to last? By the time you have it out I'll be dead from overexerting myself in anticipation of HDTP's arrival.
Based on this quote I say you should wait at least a year to release, even if nothing gets done and it just sits in a partially completed state. :P

edit: Also this "life" thing sounds interesting, I will need to torrent it later.
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Don't torrent it, it comes packaged with a load of malware.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Yeah, I have also heard that the death system sucks. I cant wait until life 2 comes out though...
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Actually if you roll a cat you have 8 free respawns, which is totally overpowered in a way, but with any other character it's perma-death yeah.

Unless you pick the religion Hinduism at some point, then you get reincarnation, which is pretty fancy. Honestly I'm feeling a little underpowered with Agnosticism, maybe it was a bad (non)choice in hindsight.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Buddhism gets you infinite respawns as well, unless you choose to leave the cycle and successfully work towards that end, even if you do there's always Lamahood if you feel the need to come back.

Christianity gives you the chance to transition from Life to AfterLife, which we are told* is much improved in many ways, when your Life character dies. Then you get to come back to Life after is it upgraded to version 2 by the apocalypse. Though it should be warned that Christianity has karma system of some sort. There is much debate about the nature of the karma system, but there is widespread agreement among players (though not universal) that if you come up on the wrong end of that karma system when you transition to AfterLife you will go to a different server that is actually much worse than Life (though the graphics are great, just grotesque, and the immersion is total) and you will not be allowed to log onto Life version 2 when it comes online.

*We are told this, but there are not any verified cases of AfterLife players actually giving testimonials. There are plenty of testimonials, it is just that none have been verified as coming from AfterLife players.
Ishindri
NSF

Post by Ishindri »

Extended metaphors aside...
metche_steele wrote:I'm seeing about getting the infernal thing - which is unfinished - packaged up over the weekend.

I have no more time to work on it unfortunately - real life and career got in the way :/

Genuinely really sorry about being ridiculously slow - I'm in total agreement it's taken far too long - but that's fan made mods for you :)
Does this mean that you're going to release it unfinished? If so, do you think it ever will be finished? (Because for what it's worth, I'll be willing to wait as long as it takes.)
All is well. We are not like the others.
psikoticsilver
Thug

Post by psikoticsilver »

loony636 wrote:I wonder if people who make these sort of comments realise how much the makers themselves have been working on the project, which requires infinitely more work than sitting in a chair pressing the F5 button waiting for updates.

It might just be me but I have a feeling that the original poster might have been a TAD sarcastic.