OpenGL Renderer

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Christian
Thug

Post by Christian »

God I suck at this, I've never edited the .ini except when I had to install a mod.

How do I install this thing? I understand it's a OpenGL build that runs great on Deus Ex, but other than that, I have no idea what to do...
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Go into your DeusEx/System folder, and find the file called DeusEx.ini

Open that, and look for this line:

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]

Then, copy and paste this code BELOW the line I mentioned earlier. The code below must replace EVERYTHING under [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]

Code: Select all

RefreshRate=75
DetailTextures=True
UseTrilinear=True
UseS3TC=True
UseTNT=False
LODBias=-1.500000
UseMultiTexture=True
UsePalette=True
UseAlphaPalette=False
Translucency=1
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
MaxAnisotropy=16
AlwaysMipmap=True
UsePrecache=False
SupportsLazyTextures=0
UseBGRATextures=False
UseAA=True
NumAASamples=4
FrameRateLimit=150
AAFilterHint=0
UseTexIdPool=True
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
UseTexPool=True
TexDXT1ToDXT3=False
SinglePassDetail=False
UseDetailAlpha=False
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
UseCVA=False
UseVertexProgram=False
MaskedTextureHack=True
TruFormMinVertices=0
TruFormTessellation=3
UseTruForm=False
RequestHighResolutionZ=True
SwapInterval=-1
UseMultiDrawArrays=False
UseSSE=2
BufferClippedActorTris=False
DetailClipping=False
MaxTMUnits=0
NoFiltering=False
UseFilterSGIS=False
Use4444Textures=False
AutoGenerateMipmaps=False
ShareLists=False
UseZTrick=False
MaxLogTextureSize=8
MinLogTextureSize=0
MaxLogVOverU=8
MaxLogUOverV=8
OneXBlending=True
GammaCorrectScreenshots=False
GammaOffset=0.000000
DescFlags=0
Description=
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
CacheStaticMaps=False
Use16BitTextures=False
Then:

1. save the document
2. start up Deus Ex in Safe Mode
3. click "Change your 3D video device"
4. Click the "Show All Devices" radio button
5. Click "OpenGL Support"
6. "Next" > "Next" > "Run!"

If you follow these steps, everything should go according to plan. Have fun!
Christian
Thug

Post by Christian »

Master_Kale wrote:...
And what about the opengl file I just downloaded from the first post? Don't I need that?

EDIT: Holy snizzle, I edited the whole thing and did everything you told me to - But the game looks far more dark and has all those decal errors everywhere. The sound is also effected by it for some reason. Mabye I should install that file?
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Neuraxis wrote:
And what about the opengl file I just downloaded from the first post? Don't I need that?

EDIT: Holy snizzle, I edited the whole thing and did everything you told me to - But the game looks far more dark and has all those decal errors everywhere. The sound is also effected by it for some reason. Mabye I should install that file?
Heh, yeah. I thought you already did. The file in the first post one version outdated, so use this one: http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/dxglr15.zip

And the brightness of the game is a little b0rked with this engine, so you have to go into the display options while in-game and just move the slider a click over to the left or right, then back to where it was. You'll see the change instantly.
Christian
Thug

Post by Christian »

Master_Kale wrote:
Neuraxis wrote:

Heh, yeah. I thought you already did. The file in the first post one version outdated, so use this one: http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/dxglr15.zip

And the brightness of the game is a little b0rked with this engine, so you have to go into the display options while in-game and just move the slider a click over to the left or right, then back to where it was. You'll see the change instantly.
But how do I install the driver? Isen't it sopposed to overwrite the .dll in my system32 folder? Because I don't have file equivalent to that. :S

EDIT1: Oh, it goes in the Deus Ex system folder. >_< I'll try to install it now.

EDIT2: Finally it works. I encountered some screen issues and the sound pucking up again, but it works now! It's really a great improvement compared to Direct3D!
Talon19892
Mole Person

Post by Talon19892 »

I installed the file and copied the things to edit the deusex.ini file, but now I can't see anything. The screen just stays back. I was already using openGL but that was from the official 1.014 patch for Deus Ex.
Solid_Choke
UNATCO

Post by Solid_Choke »

I have tried the latest OpenGL Deus Ex patch on 4 different computers now without a single glitch. Granted they were all nVidia based video cards with the latest drivers.

P.S. I am using the GOTY Edition copy of the game.
lysip
Mole Person

Post by lysip »

Amazing, Simply, Amazing.... btw havnt herd much form the HDTP guys they stil around and working on HDTP?
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

lysip wrote:Amazing, Simply, Amazing.... btw havnt herd much form the HDTP guys they stil around and working on HDTP?
Things are moving, but pretty slowly right now
lysip
Mole Person

Post by lysip »

I was wondering if you guys have an irc channel?
lofaesofa
UNATCO

Post by lofaesofa »

We don't have an official HDTP IRC channel yet, but having one might be a good idea.

As Kale said, it's pretty slow at the moment but I imagine things will pick up in June/July. Lots of our members will be finishing their degree courses/school/college for the summer and should have more time to give to the project.
lysip
Mole Person

Post by lysip »

have a prefered netwrok, ill be more then happy to start one and idle my bouncer in there.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

lofaesofa wrote:We don't have an official HDTP IRC channel yet, but having one might be a good idea.

As Kale said, it's pretty slow at the moment but I imagine things will pick up in June/July. Lots of our members will be finishing their degree courses/school/college for the summer and should have more time to give to the project.
Yep! Id certainly be in favor of IRC - i think its more sociable than msn and it'll only help bring us all together more.

Im going to post news Lofa about exams and stuff and our slowdown. We just cant do anything right now so we might as well just wait and refocus june/july period as you said.

Also, Im busy getting up my skills at work which is why ive been a no show. Its all crazy business back here!

Good luck with exams everyone :D I expect you ALL to pass with flying colours ;)
Ajare
MJ12

Post by Ajare »

I've spectacularly managed to get huge work deadlines to coincide with moving house (to the very day!), which is why I've been away for the last month or so. However, it's pretty much over now so I'll be back this Friday. An IRC channel would be great, I idle on IRC a lot of the time as it is. I would vote for StarChat, if only because I could stay on one server. (Yes, I know StarChar sucks).
lysip
Mole Person

Post by lysip »

i use efnet aswell as nexusirc, efnet is large but has no services, nexusirc is a decent network, i know most of the admins overthere, but yet again its kinda small, bigger then starchat tho :p