6%
albino
21%

Total votes: 34
r00tb33r
MJ12

Is it just me... or do most people favor the albino JC/Paul

Post by r00tb33r »

Do people really favor albino JC/Paul skin for the original model? I see it dominating in videos and screenshots.

Personally I favor the albino skin myself, in fact years ago I was surprised to see black haired Paul and JC in a screenshot... Albino skin just sorta worked... I used to think it was default however now I know I'm wrong.

Anyone else noticed this?
Kee715
Illuminati

Re: Is it just me... or do most people favor the albino JC/Paul

Post by Kee715 »

The White (*Gives finger to political correctness*), Black-haired JC is my personal preference (For canon and because I figured that 'tis default for a reason, that has stuck with me since I was... 10 I think, maybe I was 11, I do not remember all that well but yes I have been a DX fan for a while), but yes the albino JC does seem to fit better for some strange, unexplainable reason. (Unexplainable by me anyway)

Maybe 'tis because you never get to choose whether your character is albino in (most) other games, I have only seen that specific ability in Deus Ex and Fallout 3, so maybe 'tis just because 'tis a change of pace from the usual video game hero.

^Not a full explanation, just a logic-fueled guess.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Always liked the hispanic (you call him "brown", oddly) JC. Dunno why, I'm whiter than snow myself.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
neo_177
Mole Person

Post by neo_177 »

I played Deus Ex with the Albino Skin. I liked it.
It gives JC a nice "Non-standard-look". This is expected from a nantotech augmented clone :mrgreen:
SlySpy
UNATCO

Post by SlySpy »

I think the reason why albino JC fits well into the game is the fact that his albino look adds to his strangeness with the nano augmentations. As an albino, he looks like some sort of x-files spy.

Personally, I prefer black JC because I simply connect with him better. I like to use characters that look as much like me as possible, so I pick black JC all the time. It really isn't a big deal that default JC is canon. The only thing which really bothered me about that is that in IW, no matter how Alex D looked, the other two Denton clones looked exactly the same.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

I use the default JC.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Write one up for the "albino" JC here.
It's just the coolest looking one, no other reason.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
r00tb33r
MJ12

Post by r00tb33r »

Jonas wrote:Always liked the hispanic (you call him "brown", oddly) JC. Dunno why, I'm whiter than snow myself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JC_Denton#Appearance
I was too lazy to fire up the game... I'm not sure I have an install that hasn't been axed with mods of sorts.
SlySpy
UNATCO

Post by SlySpy »

In the future, don't use wikipedia as a source. Anyone could have put that up.

In my opinion, "Brown JC" doesn't seem either Brown or Hispanic. I always call him "cliche badass JC" since he got the scar over his eye and the stubble. His skin color just looks like a sun tan or something.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

I'd go for that JC being "latino", so yeah: hispanic.

Plus scar and stubble-based badassery, as noted.

Anyone remember that thread over on PDX about how each skin subtly altered JC's stats?

As I recall, albino was easily spotted in shadows but had better aug efficiency, black was the inverse (lol black peoplez R invisiblez in teh darkz), latino was more stealthy but couldn't aim for shit (lol mexicanz) and ginger dude was the reverse (lol irish?!?) whereas default was default.

Utter, utter bullshit, of course. Difficult to maintain something that silly when EVERYONE HAS ACCESS TO THE CODE, but hey.

Oh, and for the record: Albino. Basically any chance I have to play an albino in a game: I'M THERE. No idea why, since actually being albino would be fucking rubbish.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I never played through either Deus Ex or IW with any other than default skin. Never really cared. Barely cared enough to play with IW as a woman, really.

Guess the temptation to pretend I was a lady overpowered me on that one.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

I voted for Black JC, mostly because I always thought he looked the coolest. The default JC just looks like... Who was it that explained Deus Ex's dark setting as a subtle way of hiding the bad graphics? Someone here said something like that-- Anyway, it's like that Default JC just looked so plain, weird, and to me I guess Black JC always looked the least "bad" graphics wise.

I feel sorry for 0 votes Ginger though; I always liked red hair, but it doesn't fit well with JC.

The different 'colors' of Alex D always looked freaky to me... would have been better off going with that clown Alex D in the re-texture project. :roll:
voad
Thug

Post by voad »

I preferred the default myself.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

I chose the Albino JC so he would look different from his brother. ;) But since I'm a girl.. I would have chosen a girl JC IF there was one... gosh! :P
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
r00tb33r
MJ12

Post by r00tb33r »

Jane_Denton wrote:I chose the Albino JC so he would look different from his brother. ;) But since I'm a girl.. I would have chosen a girl JC IF there was one... gosh! :P
Actually your choice also affects Paul.