Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
mogul
Mole Person

New Download

Post by mogul »

So is the demo from three years ago the only file available for HDTP? Seems to be a lot of screenshots and etc but nothing to show for it for the end user.
Xesum
Illuminati

Re: New Download

Post by Xesum »

mogul wrote:So is the demo from three years ago the only file available for HDTP? Seems to be a lot of screenshots and etc but nothing to show for it for the end user.
That Thing at the top wrote: The High Definition Texture Package is not dead.

Yes, it's been a while since the last site update, and the demo has been out for a couple of years now, but Deus Ex modding takes way, WAY more time than you think it does, and mods have been known to come out for the game after a solid 5-7 years of development, so relax: HDTP is not dead and not in danger of dying any time soon.

So don't be the 13,057th person to ask if it's dead or beg us not to let it die, because we are losing patience fast.

Thank you.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
encinodude
NSF

Post by encinodude »

It's over. The team was abducted by aliens last night.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

encinodude wrote:It's over. The team was abducted by aliens last night.
Really the whole team was abducted!? :shock: Good thing the aliens have computers and the team will continue working on it as usual! HDTP Team rules!
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Jane_Denton wrote:
Really the whole team was abducted!? :shock: Good thing the aliens have computers and the team will continue working on it as usual! HDTP Team rules!
Actually you're wrong!

The whole of the HDTP Team is actually a large AI that operates inside the Internet; this AI is the smartest in the world, and originally started in Paris by the Illuminati as a mod to make Deus Ex look better. However, the AI grew too powerful to stay in it's 120TB server, and it spread like wildfire over the Internet.

The AI's name is hehtetepee, or HTTP for short, and it is seen in all Website names.

Or did the Aliens just abduct me and make me say this as a ploy?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

Xesum wrote:
Jane_Denton wrote:
Actually you're wrong!

The whole of the HDTP Team is actually a large AI that operates inside the Internet; this AI is the smartest in the world, and originally started in Paris by the Illuminati as a mod to make Deus Ex look better. However, the AI grew too powerful to stay in it's 120TB server, and it spread like wildfire over the Internet.

The AI's name is hehtetepee, or HTTP for short, and it is seen in all Website names.

Or did the Aliens just abduct me and make me say this as a ploy?
Wooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......... It looks so neat behind the curtain! :shock:
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
mogul
Mole Person

Post by mogul »

So there is no other download. Pft what a waste of time and effort. You'd think that if they had been working so hard and made so much progress they could have some kind of partial update to end these kinds of threads. Guess not though
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

mogul wrote:Pft what a waste of time and effort.
It certainly is. You could've got your answer from just reading the fucking forum rules, and yet you wasted everybody's time by posting. Such a shame #-o
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

*Imagines running around with all NPCs in "noanimationjesuspose",and guns without firing, drawing, reloading, etc. animations.... and meshes without textures... and textures without meshes.* Yeah, that'd be perfect! You should release a completely incomplete and broken product HDTP! At least then I'd haves something new to complain about!

Just because you see something doesn't mean you're getting the full picture. You may see these wonderful things called "Media" but that doesn't mean they are 100% functionable, and complete. Media and PR is this thing that you do so that you can keep some interest in your product and stop people from thinking you're dead.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

mogul wrote:So there is no other download. Pft what a waste of time and effort. You'd think that if they had been working so hard and made so much progress they could have some kind of partial update to end these kinds of threads. Guess not though
Go and make a mod and when you understand come back :)

Partial updates just wouldn't work very well for a mod like this. Yes we had the demo but the next one is the final complete release.
r00tb33r
MJ12

Post by r00tb33r »

metche_steele wrote:
mogul wrote:So there is no other download. Pft what a waste of time and effort. You'd think that if they had been working so hard and made so much progress they could have some kind of partial update to end these kinds of threads. Guess not though

Partial updates just wouldn't work very well for a mod like this. Yes we had the demo but the next one is the final complete release.
...If you had put the content on a public tracker it would certainly be nice... And there are tons of benefits to the development team if all members are all looking at the current content tree.(I'm aware that yall have a place where you keep your stuff but I'm sure its not nearly as organized as a specialized tracker.)
I don't need to be told that its late and its a waste of effort that could otherwise be used for making the mod - I know it won't happen. Finish the mod and release it. I was simply saying that many free projects enjoy the benefits of openness, which draws both extra help and attention as well as eliminates many unwanted questions.
If you ever do modding again perhaps its something to consider.
encinodude
NSF

Post by encinodude »

Sure, have them bust their asses compiling another rough demo instead of working towards its completion. You're a genius among men.
SHodges
Thug

Post by SHodges »

It's a hoax, like that Team Gizka crap. That demo release is probably the last release you'll ever see.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

r00tb33r wrote:
metche_steele wrote:

...If you had put the content on a public tracker it would certainly be nice... And there are tons of benefits to the development team if all members are all looking at the current content tree.(I'm aware that yall have a place where you keep your stuff but I'm sure its not nearly as organized as a specialized tracker.)
I don't need to be told that its late and its a waste of effort that could otherwise be used for making the mod - I know it won't happen. Finish the mod and release it. I was simply saying that many free projects enjoy the benefits of openness, which draws both extra help and attention as well as eliminates many unwanted questions.
If you ever do modding again perhaps its something to consider.
Cheers for your most enlightening chunk of wisdom - sigh.

We use Huddle to keep everything organised and it's a wonderful planning tool.

I learned early that allowing everyone access to all of your work would be both chaotic and idiotic all at the same time. It might eliminate the constant questions as to our legitimacy but I assure you we'd be years back down the development ladder. No thanks.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

encinodude wrote:
Sure, have them bust their asses compiling another rough demo instead of working towards its completion. You're a genius among men.
Hurrah! Thank you :)