Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: New Download

Post by Jonas »

SHodges wrote:It's a hoax, like that Team Gizka crap. That demo release is probably the last release you'll ever see.
I have an idea. Donate £40,000 to Metche and DDL so they can quit their day jobs and work full time on HDTP for the next half year! It's the most fool-proof plan ever! HDTP gets finished, DDL and Metche get to keep paying rent, and we won't have to listen to your stupid entitled crap anymore, all for the price of those £40k I'm sure you're just itching to get rid of anyway! :mrgreen:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
mogul
Mole Person

Post by mogul »

Jonas wrote:
SHodges wrote:It's a hoax, like that Team Gizka crap. That demo release is probably the last release you'll ever see.
I have an idea. Donate £40,000 to Metche and DDL so they can quit their day jobs and work full time on HDTP for the next half year! It's the most fool-proof plan ever! HDTP gets finished, DDL and Metche get to keep paying rent, and we won't have to listen to your stupid entitled crap anymore, all for the price of those £40k I'm sure you're just itching to get rid of anyway! :mrgreen:
Lol, if you had something to show for your efforts I bet people would donate. Other mod projects have done just that. Finish one level or expand your 3 year old demo or something. Jonas is prolly right though. One by one, the people working on the project are going to get sick of these posts and walk away, or since it's taking longer than a college education, something will become more important, and HDTP will die on the vine at 99% completion.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yes, just like what happened with The Nameless Mod!

Oh wait... #-o
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

mogul wrote:or since it's taking longer than a college education
What form of college education? I know that around here after ten years instate benefits for undergrads dry up, but plenty of people get by without instate benefits (out of staters being the obvious example) and even if we assume that people only take ten years to graduate it should be remembered that graduation isn't always the end. Plenty of people continue their college education after that.

So when you say something like college education as a unit of time you have to define what you mean.
mogul
Mole Person

Post by mogul »

chris the cynic wrote:
mogul wrote:or since it's taking longer than a college education
What form of college education? I know that around here after ten years instate benefits for undergrads dry up, but plenty of people get by without instate benefits (out of staters being the obvious example) and even if we assume that people only take ten years to graduate it should be remembered that graduation isn't always the end. Plenty of people continue their college education after that.

So when you say something like college education as a unit of time you have to define what you mean.

Come on Jonas, you going to tell me a bunch of mods never reached completion? Come on.

Chris, your an idiot buddy. More than 10 years to finish college? Really? That's your argument? Really? That's just weak sauce. It's a very tiny percentage of the college students that even go past getting a Masters, which takes around 6 years. But hey, considering how long ago Deus Ex was released maybe we should go by your ten years. :lol:
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

mogul wrote:Come on Jonas, you going to tell me a bunch of mods never reached completion? Come on.
That is in fact the opposite of what I said, which was that mods have been known to reach completion after over 7 years of work. The point being that your assumption that HDTP will die at 99% completion is based in ignorance, stupidity, or is possibly just a mindless, unconstructive provocation.

Your contribution to HDTP as well as the discussion of HDTP so far is this: Nothing.

So answer me this: What do you hope to achieve by pronouncing HDTP dead? You appear to have theorised that the continued posts asking for release dates, demanding imminent releases, or outright shouting invective at the team may well cause the team to give up and quit, and yet you yourself have created such a post. Does that mean your purpose is to cause the HDTP team to give up and quit? Because in that case, you are going to be banned, by me, no matter how forgiving the HDTP guys tend to be towards such spiteful, destructive behaviour.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
mogul
Mole Person

Post by mogul »

Jonas wrote:
mogul wrote:Come on Jonas, you going to tell me a bunch of mods never reached completion? Come on.
That is in fact the opposite of what I said, which was that mods have been known to reach completion after over 7 years of work. The point being that your assumption that HDTP will die at 99% completion is based in ignorance, stupidity, or is possibly just a mindless, unconstructive provocation.

Your contribution to HDTP as well as the discussion of HDTP so far is this: Nothing.

So answer me this: What do you hope to achieve by pronouncing HDTP dead? You appear to have theorised that the continued posts asking for release dates, demanding imminent releases, or outright shouting invective at the team may well cause the team to give up and quit, and yet you yourself have created such a post. Does that mean your purpose is to cause the HDTP team to give up and quit? Because in that case, you are going to be banned, by me, no matter how forgiving the HDTP guys tend to be towards such spiteful, destructive behaviour.

Actually that wasn't an assumption, or a pronouncement. It was a prediction (don't feel bad, not everyone speaks English well). I've been watching your "progress" for a year and a half now, and it's my vast disappointment that led me here today. Go ahead and ban me, I'm never coming back here again anyway. I'm going to go download some texture packs and mod's that actually exist. I'm sure I'll be loading up DE3 while you guys are trying to decide if it'd be worth a few weeks of time to put out something playable.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Jonas how does giving DDL and Metche a copy of Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War 2 solve anything?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

mogul wrote:don't feel bad, not everyone speaks English well
Aww don't be so hard on yourself, your English is fine :)
I've been watching your "progress" for a year and a half now, and it's my vast disappointment that led me here today.
See that's the thing, "your progress" - I'm not on the HDTP team, I'm on the OTP team, and we just host them. The HDTP team is too nice to entitled little bitches like you who come here and piss all over their hard work, just like I'm too nice to people who talk shit about TNM (OTP's own project) without even having played it, because it's shitty PR to talk back at people who disrespect your work. So instead, I hang around here and smack around egotistical dipshits like you in ways the HDTP won't do because they're nice and largely patient people. I will keep doing this until they ask me to stop.
Go ahead and ban me, I'm never coming back here again anyway.
Ace, then at least you won't waste my time by making me ban you. Good riddance says I.
Xesum wrote:Jonas how does giving DDL and Metche a copy of Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War 2 solve anything?
Oh har har :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

mogul wrote:Chris, your an idiot buddy. More than 10 years to finish college? Really? That's your argument? Really? That's just weak sauce. It's a very tiny percentage of the college students that even go past getting a Masters, which takes around 6 years.
My point is that there is a growing proportion of non traditional students and ignoring the demographic change is tantamount to sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending the rest of the world doesn't exist. Even before the rise of non traditionals we had two year schools, four year schools, masters degrees and doctorates. College education was never a fixed unit of time.

So how does this figure into the topic at hand? Simple: you are ignoring the real world. Why should we pay any attention to someone who does that?
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

It's fine because I know where this project is at. I know I've pissed people off by not releasing anything done by the team for like forever. I also know that there's no need to justify ourselves either.

Have faith - I promise you that we will release.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

metche_steele wrote:It's fine because I know where this project is at. I know I've pissed people off by not releasing anything done by the team for like forever. I also know that there's no need to justify ourselves either.

Have faith - I promise you that we will release.
I have faith... :mrgreen:
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

We will release and the new weapons I'm working on are quite pretty.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

DaveW wrote:We will release and the new weapons I'm working on are quite pretty.
The are totally HOT :D

I think everyone is going to be mightily impressed with those babies.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

metche_steele wrote:
DaveW wrote:We will release and the new weapons I'm working on are quite pretty.
The are totally HOT :D

I think everyone is going to be mightily impressed with those babies.
Boys using the words "quite pretty" and totally HOT... As a female it makes me giggle... :mrgreen:
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...