Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Dazza
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Character Ideas

Post by Dazza »

Hey HDTP. I have an idea! :D

For Gary Savage and his crew of scientists at Vandenberg. Maybe you could give them I.D. badges/tags like the ones they have attached to their coat jackets, or at least ones that hang around their neck.

It would look really cool if they have this small extra detail to them.

The I.D. badge could have a head shot of the person who's wearing the badge as well as some small print details below like their name and their job sorta thing.

I talked to Metche about it and she loves the idea so she told me to post about it here. I hope to see this small addition go to hardcopy material. :)
Dazza
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Dazza »

Also I was thinking with JC (and whoever else where's sunglasses and perhaps normal glasses) that the glasses can have a mirror effect to them. Sorry, forgot what you call it. Like environment mapping or something. It would look cool in my opinion. :lol:
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I don't think the glasses can have both translucency and environment mapping, so it'd probably be a matter of what it is you want to convey. I think environment mapping would make a character look more sinister, so that could be used for the cops and such, but I think it's nice to be able to see JC's eyes.

Although I may be mistaken.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Yixian
Thug

Post by Yixian »

JC wears shades precisely so you can't see his eyes, the psychological effect of that can't be underestimated. Just look at the Agents in The Matrix, scary bastards for sure.

Reflections on the cops shades would be cool I guess, but JCs and have gotta stay pitch black for sure.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Eh, but the thing is that JC's shades were originally translucent...
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine