Contributing to Our Development Process!

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Contributing to Our Development Process!

Post by metche_steele »

Welcome forumite!

You've entered the twisted yet strangely tasty world of developer journals. This forum is where all the semi-completed work that is ready for community critique, gets posted!

Due to the nature of this mod - it is vitally important to our team that you, our dear forum user and DX community member, have a great input into our development.

Help us to shape this mod and make HDTP sucessful by playing an active part in our development process!

Thanks for all your continued support!

Metche_Steele
Project Coordinator.
Peppigno
Thug

Re: Contributing to Our Development Process!

Post by Peppigno »

What type of contribute are you needing? I just use 3ds max 2008 to model something... I dunno if you are looking for this contribute.

Anyway contact me in PM, I could to do something for this project.

Bye
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

metche_steele wrote:Welcome forumite!

You've entered the twisted yet strangely tasty world of developer journals. This forum is where all the semi-completed work that is ready for community critique, gets posted!

Due to the nature of this mod - it is vitally important to our team that you, our dear forum user and DX community member, have a great input into our development.

Help us to shape this mod and make HDTP sucessful by playing an active part in our development process!

Thanks for all your continued support!

Metche_Steele
Project Coordinator.
What I've seen so far is great! Doing a great job! I was curious though... is there anything that can be done about those bushes! :-)
heliosentity101
UNATCO

Post by heliosentity101 »

I Agree , the work ive seen so far is fantastic ! all the stuff ive seen so far on moddb looks as if its coming along nicely . I was tryin to look at the other designs you guys made for the nsf troops and the unatco troops on the other parts of this forum , but the pics wouldnt load :( !! anyways , I sooo cant wait for this mod to get finished ! It'll breathe a whole load of life back into DX I think ...

Good Job Youguys !
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

*Blows the dust away*

Damn this is an old thread, barely made less old by the 2008 post.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Wow, yeah, from when the forum changed in organization. ISTR it got really quiet here for months, so that could have pushed this topic out of view. I don't remember it being stickied before.
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

I have years of experience with Paint, I can make photo-realistic images with it. Do you guys need someone to paint awesome-looking textures? Using Flash I can also make some really good animations if you need it

PM me if interested

regards
Hashi
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

I have some 1337 HTML4 coding skills; I can make a website for HDTP from 1998 if you need one. Plus I can emulate Galaga in BASIC and write some Applescripts to automate making HDTP. It's all in my resume.
metche
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by metche »

Thanks gents!

Sadly we can't use your skills as we are done with texturing and modelling too for that matter. We are waiting for the animations to be finished up.

M.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

metche wrote:Thanks gents!

Sadly we can't use your skills as we are done with texturing and modelling too for that matter. We are waiting for the animations to be finished up.

M.
I thought you weren't changing the animations?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
metche
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by metche »

Xesum wrote:
metche wrote:Thanks gents!

M.
I thought you weren't changing the animations?
Anything that's been remodelled requires all of its original animations to be added back onto said model.
hiperborejai
Mole Person

Post by hiperborejai »

Hello! I am glad to see HDTP is not dead! Is there any approximate release date? Or perhaps you can release a new beta, with all new stuff, for testing? :roll:
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

hiperborejai wrote:Hello! I am glad to see HDTP is not dead! Is there any approximate release date? Or perhaps you can release a new beta, with all new stuff, for testing? :roll:
If I understand it correctly, pretty much all assets are done, they're busy porting it into the game. It is apparently a long and arduous process, so it will be done when it is done.

disrespecting forum rules, YAY!
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Jaedar wrote:
hiperborejai wrote:Hello! I am glad to see HDTP is not dead! Is there any approximate release date? Or perhaps you can release a new beta, with all new stuff, for testing? :roll:
If I understand it correctly, pretty much all assets are done, they're busy porting it into the game. It is apparently a long and arduous process, so it will be done when it is done.
Models and textures are done. It's just an importing job, having to assign animations that were computed from the original animated models to the new models. It's tedious. It takes a while.

And, thankfully, it's not my job.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

You are supposed to be checking the latest build to see if your weapon textures look ok in game, though...

(fwiw, they look pimp)