NSF

Post by Whisperblade »

Yes I do. Anything else I should do?
Running v.1112fm
50x50? Why bother with an avatar?
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Iki wrote:So is this mod available for download or what? Haven't found a link anywhere. :(

could'nt find it on google I ended up having to look up on old gamefaqs topic to find it:

http://home.pacbell.net/kockler/Smoke39v0.1a.zip

and I have the same problem as whisperblade maybe we both used the above link and theres something wrong with file?
Smoke39
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Smoke39 »

That should be the right file, I haven't uploaded any others anywhere. I don't know what the problem is.
Whisperblade
NSF

Post by Whisperblade »

Bah, I may reinstall later.

I have shifter anyway so no real problem.
50x50? Why bother with an avatar?
Deus.EXE
NSF

Post by Deus.EXE »

I wouldn't put the player customization options in HDTP though, they kinda mess up some of the conversation. For example, a lot of people will sometimes refer to you as a guy in a coat, which may seem a bit weird if you chose not to wear one. Similarly, Anna's question about your shades would be awkward if you weren't wearing any.
I found the player customization to be a great addition. As for being references in conversations, simply remove the option to remove said items, but have a more unique set provided.

Personally, I'm all for customization. That's just me, however.
Edit-
Yeah.
Last edited by Deus.EXE on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

http://robocoparchive.com
RoboCop Archive Admin #2
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well, that's certainly a solution. I wouldn't really use the customization anyway, because I like JC's original look and the fact that he looks a lot like Paul and fits right into the world. I think it'd be really weird to play DX with a white coat or something :shock:

But hey... so long as the original look is in (and preferably default), I wouldn't object.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Hi Smoke! Thanks for joining us ...and thanks for making your mod :D

Here are some screenies i knocked up last night - apologies for the darkness!

A custom JC (not HDTP friendly whatsoever)

fantastic blood water effect!

Improved F12 light radius

JC smoking (effect might look a bit off as ive got maximal AA on forced)

Blood stained

metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Id just like to mention however that during the part (see above screenies) where i was in neck high water and blasted a kark with HE ammo ....it lagged my system to death! :S It was very very slow and jerky and my system is a good spec. I think maybe i should have tired it with AA off to see if that would have had any impact?
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

I think it may be an issue with the engine, I remember trying to play on 1600x1200 on my Radeon 9800 pro but it ran pretty laggy. In fact, it doesn't even look better, so I switched back to 1024x768 and everything was all-right.

However, I have never forced AA, so I may be completely off.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

EER wrote:I think it may be an issue with the engine, I remember trying to play on 1600x1200 on my Radeon 9800 pro but it ran pretty laggy. In fact, it doesn't even look better, so I switched back to 1024x768 and everything was all-right.

However, I have never forced AA, so I may be completely off.
I too have a 9800 pro! Force AA and youll see a HUGE difference :D
Smoke39
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Smoke39 »

I just remembered one graphical detail that might be nice for HDTP. Your hands are colored differently for the first-person view of your weapons depending on the skin color you chose for JC.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Smoke39 wrote:I just remembered one graphical detail that might be nice for HDTP. Your hands are colored differently for the first-person view of your weapons depending on the skin color you chose for JC.
Yep yep! Im all for that in our mod. I think ultimately we are all going to have to sit down and discuss whats feasible for this mod.

I would say straight off tho', the weather effects (once TNM have put them in a state we can easily use) and some nice graphical changes. Id like to use impoved effects since this does fall under graphics - but if the lag I experienced is common to everyone using it then i think we shouldnt bother with that right now.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

metche_steele wrote:I too have a 9800 pro! Force AA and youll see a HUGE difference :D
* screams at PC: "Use AA! Stupid machine! Use it!! Darned hellspawned gaming machine!!"
I'll go and do that this weekend 8)
Smoke39 wrote:I just remembered one graphical detail that might be nice for HDTP. Your hands are colored differently for the first-person view of your weapons depending on the skin color you chose for JC.
I think that would be a nice detail to add to HDTP :D
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

metche_steele wrote:the weather effects (once TNM have put them in a state we can easily use)
I don't think that's ever gonna happen. The rain effects need you to split the map into new zones, and that can't be done through code. You'd have to include new versions of all the maps with rain.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

JC_Helios wrote:
Iki wrote:So is this mod available for download or what? Haven't found a link anywhere. :(
and I have the same problem as whisperblade maybe we both used the above link and theres something wrong with file?

*Update*: I got it to work by copying all the system files into the "smoke39" folder