Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
evil_leprechaun
Thug

New HUD???

Post by evil_leprechaun »

Hey guys, i was just wonderin are you going to make a new hud?? Because i was looking at UNATCO Born's HUD, and that looks smoooooth!!! So, will I be expecting a new HUD?
"Do not go gently into that good night, Rage, rage against the dying of the light" - Dylan Thomas
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Unatco born doesn't feature a new HUD, does it?
At least the screenshots here ( http://unatcoborn.deusexgaming.com/ub1/levels.php ) don't seem to have a new HUD.

Also, I don't really see what's wrong with the current HUD (except perhaps outdated images). If it ain't broke, don't fix it I would say ;)
Iki
Thug

Post by Iki »

http://unatcoborn.deusexgaming.com/ub1/levels3.php

Those ones do. Not sure I'm a fan myself, but it's nice they're doing someting different. :)
We will cook you to appease our sexy god!
evil_leprechaun
Thug

well, if you think about it, the HUD in deus ex looks pretty tacky, but the ones in UNATCO Born look sooooooooooo much better!
"Do not go gently into that good night, Rage, rage against the dying of the light" - Dylan Thomas
Vavrek
UNATCO

Post by Vavrek »

*blink*

That's the old Invisible War HUD.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Vavrek wrote:That's the old Invisible War HUD.
I thought so too. But I think fender2k1 (or someone else on the mod team) has (re)made it himself in DX1. I agree it looks nicer, but I don't think it is necessary for a HDTP feel.

But if someone has much time on their hands, go ahead, make evil_leprechaun's day 8)
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

Vavrek wrote:*blink*

That's the old Invisible War HUD.
thought so too... but i don't like this hud. it's not bad but somehow looks strange.
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
Whisperblade
NSF

Post by Whisperblade »

It takes away from the grungy feel of DX, one of the things I hated most about IW was it was like a mr Sheen comercial DX is dark not freaking glowing.
50x50? Why bother with an avatar?
evil_leprechaun
Thug

I didnt know it was the old DX:IW hud, mainly because my copy wouldnt work and then it broke on me :( *end sob story*
But anyway i still think it needs to be changed a bit, and i didnt mean taking it off unatco born, just a bit of a difference would look nice! ;)
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

I already tried to mod the hud.. It'd take too long to do it right now in HDTPs plans. (i tried it for feasiblity sake) Well some of the HUD will need to be redone, due to the new HDTP models causing inconsistancies with the images. I doubt there will be time to take the HUD mods further though.. Many would see it as pointless, I'm starting to agree. Lets focus on getting phase 1 and 2 out, we can bicker about the hud towards the end of the project.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Re: New HUD???

Post by metche_steele »

evil_leprechaun wrote:Hey guys, i was just wonderin are you going to make a new hud?? Because i was looking at UNATCO Born's HUD, and that looks smoooooth!!! So, will I be expecting a new HUD?
The only thing we could consider would be to make it more richer. Appart from that anything else would detract it from the original style - something we want to avoid.
evil_leprechaun
Thug

well, thats good enough anyway. i wasnt expecting the mona lisa, just a bit of a change. just so long as it looks good, then im fine. ;)